Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Campaign Armoring Set Bonus?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

daweee
04.04.2013 , 11:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
To help set minds at ease Aries_cz is correct! The set bonus remains attached to the armoring mod so as long as you keep the Campaign armoring in your armor, you will receive the set bonus.

-eric
Thanks for the reply, much appreciated

MrSchmo
04.04.2013 , 11:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by StJon View Post
I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?
Nothing is happening with the Tios besides them being removed. The armor mod will NOT gain a set bonus after 2.0
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

Jenovan
04.04.2013 , 12:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
Any armoring that currently have set bonuses are keeping them. The big change is that if you have a Tionese, Columi, or Rakata set that currently has the set bonus on the shell it will be transferred to armoring IF you have armorings in the armoring slot. If the shell is empty in your storage or whatever then the set bonus just goes away.

SO...

If you want to use one of those sets then instead of buying campaign armorings which are level 61's, you can buy or have level 63's (which are the armoring 27's) crafted and put them into the Tionese, Columi, or Rakata. Those armorings currently DO NOT have set bonuses. But if you put them into that gear prior to 2.0, when the patch goes live it will transfer the set bonus from the shell to those 27's. Which is a pretty easy way to get dread guard level armoring with set bonuses.
Can anyone else confirm this? I'm a little concerned about my Tionese helmet with Black Hole armoring -- the BH armoring obviously doesn't have any set bonus right now, but will it gain one?

Or perhaps more to the point, will the helmet still have the set bonus? Since I like the helmet, it doesn't matter to me which element the bonus would stay on, as long as it's there. :P
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

dipstik
04.04.2013 , 12:27 PM | #24
so once i remove my 63 armoring from my battlemaster shell, my scrapper is going to be left with having to choose between using a crap armoring or having the best set bonus (2 pvE, 2 PvP)?

if so... lame.

dscount
04.04.2013 , 01:30 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Can anyone else confirm this? I'm a little concerned about my Tionese helmet with Black Hole armoring -- the BH armoring obviously doesn't have any set bonus right now, but will it gain one?

Or perhaps more to the point, will the helmet still have the set bonus? Since I like the helmet, it doesn't matter to me which element the bonus would stay on, as long as it's there. :P
My TESTING resulted a couple items. EMPTY shell (Rak/Col/Tion) had the missing armor ADDED back into them AND that armor was SLOT STAMPED as well the shell had the bonus removed.

Placing a 63 Armor into any of those MOVED the Set bonus and slot imprint as well to the 63 Armor. IE: If it was in a HEAD PIECE then you can only insert in another head piece later (Even if it was a generic armor originally).

Finally, if you try to insert a higher armor on TOP of an armor in that set bonus gear (Rak/Col/Tion) then it not only kills the ARMOR in the gear but the set bonus as well. (SO you can't go insert higher Makeb Armor later to pull set bonus).

Quote: Originally Posted by MrSchmo View Post
Nothing is happening with the Tios besides them being removed. The armor mod will NOT gain a set bonus after 2.0
Interesting this happened. I didn't have anything like that happen, but I'd be interested to know if those armorings do this. I've got like 3 War Leader ones pulled and waiting for a home, but not if they LOSE the bonus.

What's stopping people from putting a level 10 armoring mod on a tionese set and once 2.0 hits, give that armoring mod to a level 10 alt and pvp with a set bonus? is there a 50 or higher only restriction?
That is an excellent question! I didn't even think to try that. I'd have to look but I think two problems might happen with that. First I agree might be some sort of level 50 error prevents him from using the set bonus gear OR the fact they might have a script that checks <50 armor then no set bonus = instant kill set bonus on shell. Second would be some of the higher functional skills wouldn't be available anyways for several levels. Sage/Sorc 4-pc set might be nice to get the both extra Force and lower CD's, but it wouldn't really matter much for some of the set bonuses until way later near end game. Slight edge in lowbie PVP, but might not be worth the effort.
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

Jenovan
04.04.2013 , 01:40 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
My TESTING resulted a couple items. EMPTY shell (Rak/Col/Tion) had the missing armor ADDED back into them AND that armor was SLOT STAMPED as well the shell had the bonus removed.

Placing a 63 Armor into any of those MOVED the Set bonus and slot imprint as well to the 63 Armor. IE: If it was in a HEAD PIECE then you can only insert in another head piece later (Even if it was a generic armor originally).

Finally, if you try to insert a higher armor on TOP of an armor in that set bonus gear (Rak/Col/Tion) then it not only kills the ARMOR in the gear but the set bonus as well. (SO you can't go insert higher Makeb Armor later to pull set bonus).
Interesting... Thanks for the info!

#1 - Huh. I wonder if all the empty Tionese/Columi shells in my storage will suddenly magically gain armorings I guess that's so the set bonus has something to stick to.
#2 - All right, that sounds like my outlined case should be safe, I think..
#3 - That makes total sense from my understanding of the patch notes; good to see a confirmation.

dscount
04.04.2013 , 01:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
Interesting... Thanks for the info!

#1 - Huh. I wonder if all the empty Tionese/Columi shells in my storage will suddenly magically gain armorings I guess that's so the set bonus has something to stick to.
#2 - All right, that sounds like my outlined case should be safe, I think..
#3 - That makes total sense from my understanding of the patch notes; good to see a confirmation.
Yes it was a surprise to me that all the spare sets of gear I paid to remove armorings had the empty slot filled up again. LOL

Yes.. All my existing generic 63 Armors inserted in Rak/Col/Tio gear pulled the set bonus. BUT only if done before the 2.0 migration/copy happens. Afterwards as you can see it's useless (Notes kinda said that, but not really explaining it fully). I was hoping to insert 66 Armor later into empty shells and pull bonus, but it seems that BW foiled those plans. Sneaky DEV's...
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

selios
04.04.2013 , 01:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
That is an excellent question!
No, that's a terrible question. "requires level 50" is on the shell, "requires level 50" is on the armoring/mod/enhancement.

There is absolutely no reason, whatsoever, to reinforce people who can't take the time to seek out easily obtainable information. That goes for the person you quoted, in-game? ask for a link in chat, not in game? google. And as for you, you took an idea that is unpossible, ran with it, and came up with a whole paragraph of never gonna happen.

Think first.

SamuraBob_Fl
04.04.2013 , 02:01 PM | #29
I have a question that a guildie posed and i really didnt know what to answer him

If you have a tionese set with any armoring mod on it, once 2.0 hits our servers, if you remove the armoring mod it will now carry the set bonus correct?

I can't think of any way to get Tionese that isn't bound to your character. If you buy it with tokens it's still BoP.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Jenovan
04.04.2013 , 02:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuraBob_Fl View Post
I can't think of any way to get Tionese that isn't bound to your character. If you buy it with tokens it's still BoP.
You can use Legacy-bound armor and weapons to move character-bound mods to other characters in your Legacy. In other words, buy the Tionese armor as if it were for the intended character, rip the mods out, put them in a Legacy piece, and mail it over.