Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Security Key app?

DarkPharohEclip
04.02.2013 , 11:29 PM | #1
Says to enter 7 digit serial number.... What number is that? Can't find it on my game box, was told this app is free, but where do i get this 7 digit number?

Then there is an activation code afterward... Doesn't seem like this security key is free at all, how else do I get a 20 digit activation code and 7 digit serial code?

Only reason I am even getting this security key is to avoid these annoying "one time Password" emails.

BS, looks like I am going to have to deal with this crap until I get tired of this game and this hassle and just quit.

Master-Nala
04.02.2013 , 11:44 PM | #2
Log into your account, select the option "set up security key", follow the directions. The app and account website will generate all information you need.

The serial number can be found by clicking information in the app.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

DarkPharohEclip
04.04.2013 , 02:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Log into your account, select the option "set up security key", follow the directions. The app and account website will generate all information you need.

The serial number can be found by clicking information in the app.
This is not really helping here. Thank you for your response, but there is no information in the app, it says English dutch or french and I select english then it asks me for a serial number, I do not have this number.. I did the same thing on my account here on the site. Asks me for the number.

Corrupted_Soul
04.04.2013 , 02:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post
This is not really helping here. Thank you for your response, but there is no information in the app, it says English dutch or french and I select english then it asks me for a serial number, I do not have this number.. I did the same thing on my account here on the site. Asks me for the number.
If I remember correctly (and I might not), if you log into your account and hit set up security key at some point it will generate the number you are looking for.

As a side note, there is a customer service forum. Custom service reps read through it and might be more helpful than I.

DarkPharohEclip
04.04.2013 , 02:48 AM | #5
The way it seems is that this key is not free at all, but the app is free... Maybe some people here think it is free but they paid for a key already....

After further review, it seems as though other people have had the same issue. Yea, I don't think this key is free at all, I think you need a serial number to activate your key, and you probably can only get that by purchase.

JPryde
04.04.2013 , 02:59 AM | #6
The way it seems is that this key is not free at all, but the app is free... Maybe some people here think it is free but they paid for a key already....

After further review, it seems as though other people have had the same issue. Yea, I don't think this key is free at all, I think you need a serial number to activate your key, and you probably can only get that by purchase.
The serial number of my activation key had nothing to do with the activation process of the security app.

It was said to have changed on april 2nd, so not 100% sure about the current process, but a few months back, you would log in to your account management, hit the "activate security authenticator" button and be guided step by step till it worked... took less than 10 minutes for me and did not include any serials.

(And the app you are talking about likely came in english, german and french, not in dutch... "deutsch" means german, not dutch)
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

DarkPharohEclip
04.04.2013 , 02:59 AM | #7
Nevermind. I was able to set up my security key, I don't think I was charged for it.

ChuangTzu
04.04.2013 , 03:01 AM | #8
Nevermind. I was able to set up my security key, I don't think I was charged for it.
No there isn't. The first reply was the correct method.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

DarkPharohEclip
04.04.2013 , 03:02 AM | #9
Anyhow, I know deutsch and german are the same language. I live in Pennsylvannia and alot of us speak Pennsylvannia Dutch... It can be spelled that way.

So the next question... what if your phone is lost or stolen? Or damaged, then you can't get into your own account?

JPryde
04.04.2013 , 03:06 AM | #10
So the next question... what if your phone is lost or stolen? Or damaged, then you can't get into your own account?
Part of the April 2nd changes was an automated system to recover/change/remove a lost security authenticator token. You will then however need the OTP by mail and answer a security question.

And of course german and deutsch are the same language, as it is the same word in two languages. But deutsch is not dutch
Dutch is spoken in the Netherlands, while german(deutsch) is spoken in germany, austria and switzerland (the latter two having their own "versions" of german)
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
T3-M4
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !