Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Hizoka
04.03.2013 , 05:40 AM | #21
[QUOTE=Andryah;6088589]
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkPharohEclip View Post

You know the phone app is free, right?

You know you get 100 cartel coins each month simply for having a security key, right?
i only get the standard 500... and i have had a key since they first added them...

Neglience
04.03.2013 , 05:53 AM | #22
you get the 100 on another day, not with your 500 sub coins. check your account info on the webpage.

Chim-Lou
04.03.2013 , 06:31 AM | #23
I don't have a Smartphone, I'm not in the US, and I'm certainly not paying more money for a security key besides my sub just to be able to log into the game without this stupid new inconvenience.
If I have to continue to have to log into my mail account each time I want to log into the game, just so I can play it, I might as well not keep subscribing.
The most ridiculous thing I have seen in an MMO for a long time.

Alec_Fortescue
04.03.2013 , 06:35 AM | #24
You can download free app with the security code. Be wary, many report that it's glitchy and there is issues with it. I'd recommend using a spare smartphone u don't use anymore (i got my old xperia play) to act solely as ur sec key

I am getting over 600 cartel coins a month with everything I got. TOR rolled f2p and it means lots of more hackers. They need extra security. Imo it would be nice to if they asked to verify through e-mail every third day since ur last verification. And track ips which were logging into the account, like Guild Wars 2 does.

river_of_Gem
04.03.2013 , 06:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
two words: Security Key.
Not everyone have a smartphone

Not everyone live in US to buy a token ( it's out of stock btw )

Not like the app work perfectly, lot of ppl have trouble with it ( hint : check customer service )

two words : shut up

Elminster_cs
04.03.2013 , 06:39 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
two words: Security Key.
IS NO MORE AVAIBLE.. OUT OF STOCK.

Bw produce some other security key or give back the questions! Damn!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Alec_Fortescue
04.03.2013 , 06:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by river_of_Gem View Post
Not everyone have a smartphone

Not everyone live in US to buy a token

Not like the app work perfectly, lot of ppl have trouble with it ( hint : check customer service )

two words : shut up
Given the popularity of smartphones today it's just strange not to have a smartphone today. They're not even expensive and they actually are handy. Most network providers will offer nice smartphones cheaply on some reasonable bill pay.

Imo they should make more physical security keys, I'd get myself another one.

Aries_cz
04.03.2013 , 06:41 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyJoeFriday View Post
Apparently under US law the physical security key can no longer be sold outside of the US and Canada. That scuppers the rest of the world's players.
What kind of moronic law has been passed this time (I am not a US citizen, so I would not know)? It would not make any sense to prohibit sale of something so stupid as a random number generator. Can you post any source to this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sharawen View Post
I do not want to add a security key as it is just one more thing for me to lose. What does one do when the battery runs down on the code generator? I have not seen a way to open it and change battery.
The security key is designed as a key fob, so unless you frequently lose your keys, it should be safe. And as for battery, the power consumption of the security key is minimal, so it should last for very, very long time (ask yourself how long does a battery last in digital watch, the security key takes maybe a tenth of that)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

river_of_Gem
04.03.2013 , 06:46 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Given the popularity of smartphones today it's just strange not to have a smartphone today. They're not even expensive and they actually are handy. Most network providers will offer nice smartphones cheaply on some reasonable bill pay.

Imo they should make more physical security keys, I'd get myself another one.
Yeah smartphone is popular but still there are several people in this thread don't have smartphone, and the apps didn't work that great, my guildies have trouble with it before, as several others on customer services.

Imo the best way is to make the one-time-question optional, so if someone don't want that level of security they can turn it off and take responsible for all their account.

Chim-Lou
04.03.2013 , 06:47 AM | #30
As far as I'm concerned, they tread me like a potential Internet criminal each time I want to log into their game. I've been subsribed to this game since early access, and find that a bit offensive to be honest.