Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elminster_cs
04.03.2013 , 07:48 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
There is an official word on this...

We are in process of restocking the European Origin Store with the Physical Security Key, and as soon as I have an exact date I will post it.

For answers around the changes made on the 2nd with regards to Display Name, OTP and Self Service options, please check the following two threads:
Second announcement I recommend reading through as it has 'moar things' explained:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=612230

Current thread we want new questions to go into:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618148
Yes and tell GAMESTOP that the price is 4.33 euro and not 19.90!!!
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

VanHelblaze
04.04.2013 , 07:53 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
You can remove security key without calling them now, it's one of the reasons why they made this change to security.
When was this, I just had to call them a few days ago when I decided to give the game another shot after giving up on the Sand Demon (Jedi Sentinel Class Boss). I combed through the My SWTOR pages and couldn't find anything for removing it without calling.

Alduinsm
04.04.2013 , 08:43 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by VanHelblaze View Post
When was this, I just had to call them a few days ago when I decided to give the game another shot after giving up on the Sand Demon (Jedi Sentinel Class Boss). I combed through the My SWTOR pages and couldn't find anything for removing it without calling.
2nd April 2013.
Shin

PaxSithari
04.04.2013 , 09:25 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Their Security Expert confirmed it when I asked him. Check the dev tracker on this subject, I was directly quoted by him.

According to him, this change was more about adding additional functionality for other features like removing the Security Key without having to call support.

You should have asked why anyone would want to hack an account in this game. Are gold (credit) farmers or other seedy elements really that pervasive? Or is this one of the "benefits" of f2p, an influx of spammers and gold sellers?
We've forgotten what it is to be Jedi. So I'm going to do some real Jedi work now, and help someone in trouble rather than talk big concepts and run errands for politicians - Bardan Jusik

The Shadowlands, home to awesomeness

AlexDougherty
04.05.2013 , 04:09 AM | #105
The One Time Passwords took over thirty minutes to arrive yesterday, by which time it had expired, it died before it arrive, well done EA, nobody can hack my account in the afternoon/evening because nobody at all can get in.

PS. my email account settings are fine, it arrived in the in-box, my origin account is ok, the problem isn't at my end in any way, not saying it's at EA's end but it definately isn't at my end.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

GAULSTON
04.07.2013 , 06:17 PM | #106
How is this a "one time" password Bioware? It is seriously annoying. Will be cancellin my subscription if you don't fix this soon.
OOH-TAY-DEE!

MyPetMonkey
04.07.2013 , 06:44 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
two words: Security Key.
Two words: Biodrone Apologist

LanceCorporalDan
04.07.2013 , 07:31 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
Two words: Biodrone Apologist
Made me lol

Anyways having more security is all fine and dandy. But forcing it as an inconvenience on others is crossing the line in my opinion. I say that I should be able to dictate the security of MY account, and not have others tell me that they know what is best for me whether it may be true or not.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Rokkimies
04.15.2013 , 04:05 PM | #109
More security is a good thing. But when the more security has a failing system and it's preventing people to log in then it isn't worth it.

Besides who was the clever one to even make login dependent of 3rd party service? If my email provider is slow I have to go over all the fuss to set up a new email and get it Bioware approved. If my email provider is slow today, or at this hour, I can't log in before they sort things out. It's not that these things happen too much, but imo it's pretty stupid to make login dependent on someone else's service.

Not to mention that SWTOR servers clearly can't handle all the one-time password requests and people are getting expired codes thus they can't even log in. Whole protection should just be run down until it is fixed. Players aren't some people you use for "testing stuff". Do your testing in labs and leave us out from it.

FuryoftheStars
04.15.2013 , 05:25 PM | #110
^ While I certainly agree with you, I just want to point out that "lab testing" is very limited. They couldn't possibly test every scenario or combination of things that are causing people problems even in a few years.

But, when problems are found on release, they need to track them down with utmost speed and efficiency to solve.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel