Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ONe time password freaking annoying

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
ONe time password freaking annoying
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
04.03.2013 , 05:18 PM | #91
Woohoo, physical keys! Ordering laterz
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

akdonkey
04.03.2013 , 05:40 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
two words: Security Key.
I have the security key and I DO NOT WANT TO USE IT!!! this is BS! Every time I ever logged into this it asked me for my security questions. Now I got to go to my freaking email and get a code. Thats what I have made my own password for that YOU made me change because it did not fit your format.

jjfddf
04.03.2013 , 05:50 PM | #93
Yes very annoying, I logged into the game, oh need temp password, then i logged into forums, oh, need another temp password, this is BS. Before you go spouting garbage about a security key on your phone, I don't have a smartphone, If this continues LOTRO may be getting more attention than this BS.

Belacose
04.03.2013 , 05:52 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
He didn't insinuate nothing.
So you're saying that they did insinuate something.

Or is it just that you slept through English class?

Kubernetic
04.03.2013 , 06:07 PM | #95
Again, many of you should be contacting your ISPs to demand a more lengthy static IP address. That is why you keep getting the one-time password routine.... your ISPs are screwing you.

If you can't get a more long-lasting IP through DSL, then I'd advise checking with your local cable company and seeing how long their IP leases are for.

That said, they should have waited until the keys were at least available before implementing this change. Maybe they ran out too recently to be able to stop the upgrade process? Dunno...
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Hitnmiss
04.03.2013 , 06:22 PM | #96
I pay to play. I have a good password which I've chnaged several times. I have good security questions. I don't need/want a security key. If I did need/want one I'd have bought one. This is an irritating flaw in an otherwise decent game. It's amusing that in the email it says, if you didn't request this ignore the email. If you ignore the email you can't login though.

Markonus-DS-
04.03.2013 , 06:47 PM | #97
Same, ive had this "one off mail" three times now, what are they thinking.

VanHelblaze
04.03.2013 , 07:37 PM | #98
Keep in mind with the security key app, though it's free, if your smart phone stops working, you flash a ROM*, or you upgrade your phone, you have to call Bioware and sit on hold for an hour to have the key removed or transferred to another device.

* I can't remember if I had the authenticator before or after I switched to CyanogenMod on my last phone.

FuryoftheStars
04.03.2013 , 07:38 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Belacose View Post
So you're saying that they did insinuate something.

Or is it just that you slept through English class?
How about not being rude in pointing out my grammatical error? It was the end of the work day for me, tired, splitting headache, and trying to wrap up things before I left work.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

Alduinsm
04.03.2013 , 07:39 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by VanHelblaze View Post
Keep in mind with the security key app, though it's free, if your smart phone stops working, you flash a ROM*, or you upgrade your phone, you have to call Bioware and sit on hold for an hour to have the key removed or transferred to another device.

* I can't remember if I had the authenticator before or after I switched to CyanogenMod on my last phone.
You can remove security key without calling them now, it's one of the reasons why they made this change to security.
Shin