Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"One Instance" Error Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Varel-Kai
04.02.2013 , 05:28 PM | #1
I had been having the same "One instance etc." issue all day & recently just fixed it. I tried every single thing the "people in charge" suggestion, but it always ended with the same obnoxious window in my face "Only one instance, blah blah blah".
Fortunately, my brother plays the game as well & the launcher worked fine for him (updated without any qualms or anything); so, I copied all of the major files in his Star Wars - The Old Republic folder & replaced mine with his, & it worked.

First: Delete the patch & patcher_-1to64 folders. Also, if you happen to have a file named diag12126576665 or a file named SWTOR Customer Support, delete them both as well.
Got the files aforementioned deleted? Good.
Now, just download each file I've listed below & replace the ones that you have in your Star Wars - The Old Republic folder.

- assets_swtor_en_us.version
- assets_swtor_main.version
- avcodec-53.dll
- avformat-53.dll
- avutil-51.dll
- chrome.pak
- eualas.version
- eula.settings
- FixLauncher.exe
- icudt.dll
- launcher.exe
- launcher.settings
- launcherDiag.exe
- launcherRestartMsg.exe
- libcef.dll
- movies_en_us.version
- patcher.version
- retailclient_swtor.version
- support[1]
- SWTOR_GDF.dll
- SWTORLaunch.dll

Now, run the launcher as Admin, & voila. It should work. I know it must seem like this would take a while, but it should only take like 5 minutes at the most. Hope it works out of you! ^-^

Lansworthy
04.02.2013 , 05:36 PM | #2
I love you. Really I do.

Raptvre
04.02.2013 , 06:03 PM | #3
This worked for me as well. Thanks !

JoZenRain
04.02.2013 , 08:55 PM | #4
The sad part.....is that the players found a workaround before the Devs could fix it. So dumb.

Thanks for this btw. It worked.
CE VIP

SixFigureNate
04.02.2013 , 09:43 PM | #5
I don't want to have to do this myself.

Fix this Devs.

Plugster
04.02.2013 , 10:12 PM | #6
After trying everything else posted many times, this worked for me.
It takes 5-10 mins plus 5-10 mins to repair the game.
Bioware fail, OP winner.
Thanks for making the effort to post the fix.

Dallayna
04.03.2013 , 12:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JoZenRain View Post
The sad part.....is that the players found a workaround before the Devs could fix it. So dumb.

Thanks for this btw. It worked.
Well, in their defense, there are a LOT more of us that have been working on it than them. It's still about the worst botched launch I've ever seen though. I've been calling it: "Star Wars: the SimCity Remake"

And confirmed for me for the "one instance" error. I'm in.

THANK YOU OP!!!!!!! You are officially a genius!

RED_CLAW
04.03.2013 , 12:57 AM | #8
Does this fix work for the launcher update fail -> crash error where the launcher keeps trying to update and fails and keeps closing then reopening and failing to update and *passes out from lack of breath*?

If it does, I might try this method cos I've tried deleting the Patch and #to# files/folders, restarted the PC (as per BW's tech instructions in the thread about this) and still no dice...

Dallayna
04.03.2013 , 01:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RED_CLAW View Post
Does this fix work for the launcher update fail -> crash error where the launcher keeps trying to update and fails and keeps closing then reopening and failing to update and *passes out from lack of breath*?

If it does, I might try this method cos I've tried deleting the Patch and #to# files/folders, restarted the PC (as per BW's tech instructions in the thread about this) and still no dice...
Others are trying something else for that on another thread that seems to be working for some folks:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...50315&page=138

and there are some more here, huge thread this one with lots of workarounds that are working for folks.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=618302

Good luck!

OwenBrooks
04.03.2013 , 01:26 AM | #10
This is an old issue and is normally caused by 2 versions of avutil-51.dll and libcef.dll etc which belong to
Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) Dynamic Link Library

This can be simply from another game , a lot of steam games use them, can be another version sitting in your temp folder, closing the process and re-running the setup file normally is all that is required to clean this issue up.

unplugging the network cable/disabling network adapter is also an old fix for this.

Give an example http://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6758 avutil-51.dll in xsplit was crashing Skype and MSN.

Uninstall Xsplit , Skype and MSN ran fine.