Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob
04.03.2013 , 11:20 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't there non-set bonus versions that look the same that drop from level 50 FPs and HM FPs?
And if that's true, and they aren't being removed as well, I'm still worried about the Battlemaster/War Hero gear... and the question still stands for them...
______________________Guild Master____________________
<The Nightmare Legacy><The Horizon Legacy>
_________________The Shadowlands

FelixGoldenHeart
04.03.2013 , 11:28 AM | #22
Fully in support of this! The tionese and columi have the energized and exotech schematics that look like them but they are ALL BoP.

Useless! Rubbish!

A BioWare response would be nice on this! Stop trying to ruin crafting and for once try and make it better!

FelixGoldenHeart
04.03.2013 , 01:23 PM | #23
Free bump.

Gronkaarr
04.03.2013 , 01:29 PM | #24
they will just re-skin them and use them as reputation armor sets and/or cartel sets. The Gree blue & red scalene armor is just operative battlemaster set with a tron skin. and the gold scalene armor is the cartel market version

Aelaias
04.03.2013 , 01:32 PM | #25
You can still find battlemaster shells on gtn. I love the eliminator
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

FelixGoldenHeart
04.03.2013 , 01:35 PM | #26
The BM shell schematics are bascially all but used. And while the pvp shells are available for crafting, the pve shells are not. It's only fair that you be able to skill craft the look of the armor when they retire it. cough cough Battlemaster.

Wolfninjajedi
04.03.2013 , 01:37 PM | #27
Wait, wait, wait....wasn't everyone up in arms about how the gear looked? Now all of a sudden, people don't want the sets gone?...So..what's going on here?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

FelixGoldenHeart
04.03.2013 , 01:40 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Wait, wait, wait....wasn't everyone up in arms about how the gear looked? Now all of a sudden, people don't want the sets gone?...So..what's going on here?
I've heard about even 50/50 on people liking vs not liking.

It's just they hear the complainers the most not the satisfied people, so now people who don't want it to leave have become the complainers. To get our just desserts.

Swissbob
04.03.2013 , 01:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yeah, almost every armor set in the game has people who think it's ugly.

The Tionese/Columi/Rakata, Battlemaster/Recruit, and War Hero/Elite War Hero armor designs had these people too. But just because some (or even the majority of) players think armor is ugly, doesn't mean that there aren't those who like them.

Even I think about half of all the gear above that I mentioned is ugly, but that doesn't mean Bioware should just remove armor designs from the game. There will always be people who want to wear something, or at least would like the choice of wearing it, and it is not apparent (to me at least) why Bioware would actively deny us that choice, when it would actually be just as easy to give it to us.

The hard work of the Dev's to design this armor is already complete. The work of implementing it into the game is already complete. Players already wear and use them.

Why take it away from us?

Swissbob
04.03.2013 , 02:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by FelixGoldenHeart View Post
Fully in support of this! The tionese and columi have the energized and exotech schematics that look like them but they are ALL BoP.

Useless! Rubbish!

A BioWare response would be nice on this! Stop trying to ruin crafting and for once try and make it better!
Felix, do you know whether or not Exotech and Energized sets are being taken out of the game? If they are removing Tionese/Columi comms and Tionese/Columi armor from HM FP's, and replacing them with "Basic" and "Classic" comms and Campaign armor, I would suspect they would remove these as well.

Any word from either Bioware or anyone who knows about the fate of all of these Armor Designs?