Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are Armor Designs removed from the game?

Swissbob
04.01.2013 , 11:56 PM | #1
Why are Armor Designs removed from the game? (For example the Tionese/Columi/Rakata designs, War Hero and Elite War Hero, and the Recruit/Battlemaster designs?)

Now I understand why it makes sense to remove the actual armor stats (with the mods etc.), but what is the reasoning of not leaving behind a Vendor that sells empty shells with the same appearance as the armor, or even a vendor with schematics for the armor? (To even stimulate crafting )

Isn't it a good thing to add more choices for your players, instead of intentionally removing content and choice from your game?

I don't see why Bioware actually removes armor designs instead of leaving them there for the players that want them?

Again, I understand the removal of the mods etc. (For simplification of the Endgame) , But these armor designs are found no where else in the game, and some of those armor designs are really cool. While the mods are no longer useful in any way, the armor designs are (For those who want them), And it doesn't make since to intentionally rip useful content out of the game.

What is the harm in leaving empty, mod-able shells of additional armor designs you have already made in the game, available to the players that want them? Or even schematics of the armor, to boost crafting a bit? Surely the pros of that outweigh the cons. (If there are any cons, that is.)

It would be a real shame to see armor designs that Devs worked hard on and players would like to wear, be removed from the game (And of course, there's also the abilities they're removing from the game)

Other Threads I have Found Discussing Similar Topics:

A list of what is being removed with 2.0?

Please don't remove TIonese / Columi and Rakata gears

Curious to Know... (Discusses Purple/Cyan crystals as well)

Expansion coming... so War Hero or Rakata?

Tionese After 2.0?

Why get rid of pommel strike, similar abilities? Large thread about the removing of abilities.

"Stun" Big Hitters
(Another thread that talks about the removal of Stun Hitters (Tumult, Headshot, Opportune Strike, etc.)

Please bring back the old level 50 PvP and PvE gear

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Gear for Cartel Market

Bring Back Old Level 50 Armors

Retired Armors for Adaptive Gear

Bring Back Xenotech Gear

Old PvE and PvP Gear

Removed Items

Petition for Old Tio/Col/Rak

Old Armor Sets Suggestion

Old Gear Offer

Retired Tiered Gear Shells in the CM

Bring Battlemaster, Tionese sets back as shells

Put Old Endgame Armor Sets on the Cartel Market

Tionese/Columi/Rakata Sets post 2.0

Make the Craftable Columi sets BoE So We can Sell them.

Bring back Tionese, Columi and Rakata!! Large and Recent/Active Thread

Tionese, Columi, and Rakata Vendor Solution

And these are just the ones Randolph and I have found.

Bioware, many of your players/customers are upset by you removing content and denying them choices. It's a lot of potentially happy customers, and very little work required on you part, Bioware!

Support these threads as well! Hopefully we can get a good response from Bioware about the removal of these harmless armor designs!
My Solution to the "Game is Too Easy Crisis"

My Guides to Combat in SWTOR: Part 1 | Part 2

TexasMarine
04.02.2013 , 01:40 AM | #2
I agree, they should have a, lets call it, Vault Vendor. This vendor will have the empty shells of all obsolete tier armors. One vendor per class to cut down on scrolling. Or if they are REALLY stingy...they will add them to the.......cartel market

MaximusRex
04.02.2013 , 01:49 AM | #3
They should add them as boxes of Craftable Patterns like they did with the PvP armor for a bit. It would help keep them available and help crew skills out.

kopalame
04.02.2013 , 01:50 AM | #4
I completely agree. It was mentioned before and a dev response said they would discuss if leaving a vendor with the shells was a possibility, haven't heard more since then.

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.02.2013 , 08:10 AM | #5
Because then people who can pull it out an wear it later can both have unique look and prove they played the game way back when.

Also those sets are pretty ugly, would anyone actually buy them?

AlrikFassbauer
04.02.2013 , 10:07 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
Because then people who can pull it out an wear it later can both have unique look and prove they played the game way back when.
Some people will always come to a game later on.

And just "showing around these sets" can then become a form / a way to show eliticism.

In fact I'm pretty sure that this is what it will lead to.

I'm not at all happy with the remopval of things within the game - like the speeders as well, for example.
They weren't even used as Taxi designs !

Monoth
04.02.2013 , 10:17 AM | #7
I thought crafters can RE them for the recipes...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Swissbob
04.02.2013 , 12:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post

Also those sets are pretty ugly, would anyone actually buy them?
Isn't it more important to provide choice to everyone in the game, or provide a sort of "digital bragging rights" to a very select few. I've been around since launch, and while my mains have full access to the gear from when they earned it, my alts don't. It doesn't even benefit me ( who's been around since launch) to do what you described, and the very select, dwindling few that would benefit can't nearly be worth the staggering, ever growing majority that it would be negatively affected.

Besides, there are already World Event armor and items that provide "Digital Bragging Rights."

Oh, and yeah, a few of them are ugly, but that doesn't really matter. What some might think are ugly, others might love and want for their character. Are you saying Bioware should remove every set of armor that some people think are ugly?

Quote:
I thought crafters can RE them for the recipes...
Yes, but you can only RE something you have... and if the way to obtain them is removed from the game, you can't RE them. For my alt I created today, or my bud who just joined the game last week, we have no way of gaining them to RE in the first place.

And besides, you can only RE Battlemaster and War Hero for Schematics, not Tionese/Columi/Rakata.

Elfa
04.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #9
I'm pretty sure a version of each of the current Tionese/Columni/Rakata armors will be coming to the Cartel Market in all their adaptive armor glory and I'm looking forward to it.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

Swissbob
04.02.2013 , 01:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
I'm pretty sure a version of each of the current Tionese/Columni/Rakata armors will be coming to the Cartel Market in all their adaptive armor glory and I'm looking forward to it.
I hope so! I would be a very happy customer if they do!

(It would be even better if they were a vendor in-game, for Credits, but I'd settle for Cartel Market purchases if the alternative is not at all. )