Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fleet PVP

ShadowMudkip
04.01.2013 , 05:41 PM | #1
Fleet PVP in this game would rock, this is how I imagine you would play it. First, queue up for fleet pvp (a seperate icon just like ranked and non ranked warzones). Then, you would choose a few ships out of your personal fleet and yours would join with the other 3 players on your team. Yes, I imagine it to be 2 teams of 4, just for simplicity reasons to, this would help till bioware can update game engine.

When I say choose from your different ships, I mean choose what type of ship and how many of that ship to take to the WZ. For example, the max would be around 5 ships. There would be different types of ships: Destroyers, Carriers, Dreadnoughts, ect. At first, you would only get access to a certain type of ship, then as you progress in levels, then you would be able to buy a new type from a vendor.

I think implementing certain types of ships that have specific roles would be nice. If you like to tank, then you can bring in multiple defensive ships, that attract the enemies starfighters and interrcept laser fire, and have a large health pool. If you want to DPS you can bring in destroyers and Dreadnoughts, allowing you to deal massive amounts of damage with turbolasers or sending out extreme amounts of starfighters (carriers). Lastly, you could be a support ship, giving repairs and defensive buffs to damaged ally ships.

Another thing I would really like, is for each of your personal fleets to have a Flagship. This flagship would correspond to your specific class, having tank level health, near DPS numbers, and a special ability that they can use. For example, Inquisitors can have a capital ship with a special ability called "Fire the Silencer", this would allow you to fire the silencer superweapon from your story and inflict massive numbers to enemies, then go on a nice long non OP cooldown.

I realize that not all classes would be able to have a ship from their story line, but bioware could make one up, or implement one from later story expansions.

Fleet pvp could also be a duel, where you bring in a large number of ships to face off against another person. There would be off course restrictions to how many you can have out at one time.

Fleet pvp is more about strategy than numbers, you need to know what ships and how many to bring to a fight. This would give burned out players a new way to pvp.

Please feel free to comment and give suggestions. And Bioware Read this PLEASE!!
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary

Eillack
04.01.2013 , 08:30 PM | #2
This and fleet dueling areas have been shot down and not happening. Many gold posts saying no due to lag / servers are weak as hell.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

jolleebindu
04.01.2013 , 11:19 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
This and fleet dueling areas have been shot down and not happening. Many gold posts saying no due to lag / servers are weak as hell.
lol, way to not even read the post - though i wouldn't mind a side area of the fleet (separate instance maybe - like outlaw's den, but same faction only, heck make one of the fleet elevators take you there) where dueling would be allowed, and i would like to see dueling allowed in operations to give raid members a way of passing the time while waiting for a member's RL issues/back early from bio breaks

and to OP - maybe this is something like SSSP?

ShadowMudkip
04.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
The great thing about my idea is that it would be a separate are from the main fleet, maybe aboard a vanguard vessel. This and the fact that each WZ would have 2 teams of 4 instead of 2 teams of 8 would greatly reduce lag. Another pro of this would be short que times due to the low amount of people necessary to start a match.

On a side note, im not sure how to do a double+ quote so person who commented after this yes, it would resemble the SSS thing
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Kaidin-Mercenary

ShadowMudkip
04.26.2013 , 04:12 PM | #5
Keep advice coming people, lets get this implemented!!
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Kaidin-Mercenary

Jorojus
04.26.2013 , 05:46 PM | #6
Somewhere not so long after the release of this game there were some talks about "guild ships". No idea if the devs even started on this project cause I haven't heard from it anymore since then. Nice idea, but keep dreaming I'd say.
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

LanceCorporalDan
04.26.2013 , 05:52 PM | #7
You are asking for pvp content!!!!

EAware response: **** pvp, we just implement random **** for the lulz. Wouldn't matter since we created this game on weak *** servers on a ****** engine, nothing of mass scale or quality will ever come. Your good ideas will never see the light of day.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion