Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wateer
04.04.2013 , 05:53 PM | #81
I still can't play yet come on here

XendorRyuthokar
04.04.2013 , 06:22 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Elminster_cs View Post
Can you please provide some information on why several mail are not able to recive the one time code?
There are people that are no able to log in with this thing. Thanks.
I could not get a definitive answer as to why certain email accounts wont work with OTP, but it was hinted that Hotmail and my internet service provider email was no good.

Under the advice of employee who shall remain nameless I went with Google mail or Gmail.com, I recieve my "OTP" now no problem.
Ebon Hawk server
Rruothk'ar - Pauperor - Nebuleus - Dhakragol - Necrodameus

Elminster_cs
04.04.2013 , 06:26 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by XendorRyuthokar View Post
I could not get a definitive answer as to why certain email accounts wont work with OTP, but it was hinted that Hotmail and my internet service provider email was no good.

Under the advice of employee who shall remain nameless I went with Google mail or Gmail.com, I recieve my "OTP" now no problem.

i know this, but i can tell you that my friend have an EXCITE mail and can't recive it.
I have done an EXCITE mail and i CAN recive it.

So there is some problems there. There are also people that can't recive from gmail or something like that. So we NEED some explanation on this.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

AeroAstroRick
04.04.2013 , 06:59 PM | #84
ONE-time passwords required EVERYTIME you login...that sure makes sense...and it's not like it's a pain in the butt or anything...

kgville
04.04.2013 , 09:24 PM | #85
This new log in system is a pain in the BUTT!!! yes it may be more secure but really this ONE TIME LOG IN thing that we have to do EVERY TIME is annoying please go back to security questions or something because it takes like 3 times as long to get in game!!!

wateer
04.04.2013 , 09:35 PM | #86
So any one wana tell me how I can play again?

Elminster_cs
04.05.2013 , 04:32 AM | #87
A user find a solution, try this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619913
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Laurreth
04.05.2013 , 06:57 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
None of the websites that I use on a regular basis that have legitimate "sensitive" personal data on me have a problem dealing with the fact that I always set browsers to the most draconian, anonymous, and "incognito" settings. Websites with information that I actually care about like my bank, credit card, loan servicers, and the one I do my taxes on all are able to secure my information without using OTP mechanics or relying on client side cookies to keep state with me.

If these companies that deal with the most sensitive personal financial information I have can manage the security of my data adequately without depending on loosened client side settings, then so can you.
It would worry me a lot if a web service started to recognise me across sessions if I had cookies disabled. That means the service is using opaque backdoor mechanisms (Flash storage, diverse HTML5 hacks, …) to perform user identification, or rely on transient and entirely unreliable session semantics like TCP connection lifetime.

If you set your browser to anonymous mode, expect things to break. It is NOT a service provider's responsibility to cater to those shenanigans! Any halfway honest service will fail to recognise you.

And for the second paragraph, banks are about the worst offenders when it comes to completely ignoring any known best practice when it comes to security, and trusting in weak, esoteric voodoo instead. If you make those providers your measure for security, you're in trouble.
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

potatman
04.05.2013 , 12:19 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
It would worry me a lot if a web service started to recognise me across sessions if I had cookies disabled. That means the service is using opaque backdoor mechanisms (Flash storage, diverse HTML5 hacks, …) to perform user identification, or rely on transient and entirely unreliable session semantics like TCP connection lifetime.
OTP isn't about keeping your session alive though, it is about adding extra security layers when there may be something suspicious going on. The whole idea of implementing these sort of security measures is to allow the server side to make a decision on what to do regardless of what the client side is providing/requesting. If I could just copy a cookie that says I've already entered a OTP and have an active session, it would completely defeat the purpose of it. Even if it required me to re-enter my credentials, if it got past the OTP that would be a big enough security hole. As such, no OTP related data belongs in a cookie, and all OTP logic/data should be server side. Something that would make more sense in this case would be to only prompt OTP once a week (or so) for IP changes that are within the same ISP's address space, and prompt every time only if the IP is outside that ISP or region.

attackgypsy
04.05.2013 , 03:58 PM | #90
I was sent an email that it was probably my dynamic IP address assigned by my cable company.

HELLO?!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CABLE PROVIDERS AT BIOWARE?!!!

The largest cable providers in the US use a dynamic IP address. I used to work for one. Its part of the way they keep costs down.
Jak'firr'traa