Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jaqaldin's Avatar


jaqaldin
04.27.2013 , 03:18 PM | #121
Also having this problem with the so-called "one-time password", the problem lies with my account, not with my ip address or computer. My son, has an account (preferred status) while mine is subscriber. We use different computers and different connections normally and he never gets asked for a "one-time password" but if I try to log onto my account on his computer and his connection guess what happens? "Please enter your one-time password." VERY FRUSTRATING. You guys need to seriously consider renaming it to "every-time new password"

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.27.2013 , 03:20 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by jaqaldin View Post
Also having this problem with the so-called "one-time password", the problem lies with my account, not with my ip address or computer. My son, has an account (preferred status) while mine is subscriber. We use different computers and different connections normally and he never gets asked for a "one-time password" but if I try to log onto my account on his computer and his connection guess what happens? "Please enter your one-time password." VERY FRUSTRATING. You guys need to seriously consider renaming it to "every-time new password"
IF you log on to your account from his computer after having played on your computer... you will like trigger an OTP becasue they are different computers so they have different IP addresses. If it is just when you web browse the forum.. then that is the cookies in the web browser that are triggering it.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

jaqaldin's Avatar


jaqaldin
04.27.2013 , 03:24 PM | #123
I know that, it happens whether I have been on another computer or not. I can log onto the computer I normally use five times in a row and EVERY time I get the same request for a new 'one-time password". This is a relatively recent problem so it's been caused by something Bioware did recently. The problem is NOT with the computers or IP address, I mentioned the fact that I have the exact same problem on a completely different computer to help prove this

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
04.27.2013 , 03:28 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by jaqaldin View Post
I know that, it happens whether I have been on another computer or not. I can log onto the computer I normally use five times in a row and EVERY time I get the same request for a new 'one-time password". This is a relatively recent problem so it's been caused by something Bioware did recently. The problem is NOT with the computers or IP address, I mentioned the fact that I have the exact same problem on a completely different computer to help prove this
Mentioning you have the exact same problem on another computer clouded what you were trying to say.

How do you know something has not changed on your end of things? The reason I ask is because if Bioware changes something on their end of things.... I would expect to see a huge wave of complaints from people who used to noth get a OTP but now suddenly do.

Is the problem when logging into the web site or when logging into the game?? Or both? When did it start?
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

jaqaldin's Avatar


jaqaldin
04.27.2013 , 03:47 PM | #125
it's both, and I haven't changed anything on either computer recently, the only change at my end is that my subscription recently ended (was a 2 month one) and I resubscribed, it started happening immediately afterwards but there were also patches being installed at that time. Because the issue is only with my subscriber account regardless of which computer I use, I assume that the issue is most likely with the account. Also if you look at the first post I made you'll notice that I said I "normally" play on the same computer, so I don't think that really "clouded" anything I said.

If you look back through this thread you will see that there are a few other people complaining about this, it's still possible to play the game of course, just an irritating inconvenience.

I opened a ticket in game. The customer service reps got back to me quickly enough - never had a problem there, customer service has always been good in my experience. They apologised for the inconvenience, told me they were investigating and advised me to post here, so I'm posting here.

Master_Timothy's Avatar


Master_Timothy
05.27.2013 , 03:50 PM | #126
I have a solution for those who are continually getting the "one time password" when logging in to both the game and the website. For some reason the problem lies with using Internet Explorer, at least for me! So I did what the IT guys told me to do at SWTOR. That is I downloaded Moxzilla Firefox and made it my default browser! After I did this I only had to use 1 "one time password" for the website and 1 for the game! This is what worked for me! I no longer get the "one time password" for either the game or the website! Hope this helps!
Tremel Knight of The Republic
<The Peace Legacy>
{Blades of Dark Chaos}

Jherrah's Avatar


Jherrah
07.10.2013 , 03:57 AM | #127
I also have 2 computers and each time I log in I get asked about this one time password.
I started swtor as F2P and all was good. no one time password or anything like this.
Now that I'm a subscriber it changed and i get asked to put in one time password each time.

I don't want this and i don't want and I don't want some token program to generate the password myself.
My account has never been hacked since I started playing rpgs (Mods to be precise) and only had username and password.
This looks like forcing the customer to get an authenticator, which I refuse to have.
Please remove this each time password, because i even get it when I log off from one computer and then later log in again with the same computer which still has the same ip address I get asked the password again.

I think the only solution for me is to stop my subscription and go back to F2P to not have this each time.
Or to maybe just quit swtor. Started recently so no community yet to keep me here atm, just the game (which atm I still like).
Would be a shame thou for a game to loose player due to their insistance to force the one time password.

ELRunninW's Avatar


ELRunninW
07.10.2013 , 08:49 AM | #128
I am sure some wicked developer snickers right now, yes do not get security key and just suffer.

Skodan's Avatar


Skodan
07.10.2013 , 10:01 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherrah View Post
I also have 2 computers and each time I log in I get asked about this one time password.
I started swtor as F2P and all was good. no one time password or anything like this.
Now that I'm a subscriber it changed and i get asked to put in one time password each time.

I don't want this and i don't want and I don't want some token program to generate the password myself.
My account has never been hacked since I started playing rpgs (Mods to be precise) and only had username and password.
This looks like forcing the customer to get an authenticator, which I refuse to have.
Please remove this each time password, because i even get it when I log off from one computer and then later log in again with the same computer which still has the same ip address I get asked the password again.

I think the only solution for me is to stop my subscription and go back to F2P to not have this each time.
Or to maybe just quit swtor. Started recently so no community yet to keep me here atm, just the game (which atm I still like).
Would be a shame thou for a game to loose player due to their insistance to force the one time password.
i never get it, its probably because you have your internet browser clearing all active logins, cookies, etc, which causes your comp to forget everything hence why it asks for a OTP again and again
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Jherrah's Avatar


Jherrah
07.11.2013 , 11:06 AM | #130
Hi I'm not sure why you always talk about the internet browser.
I just talk about logging into the game.
Do i need to place a cookie in IE to be able to start the game without this one time password?