Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

04.16.2013 , 07:23 AM | #111
I can't use the OTP in the game Launcher. Everytime I try to cut and past the password or type it into the launcher it will say that my password is invalid. The only way I seem to able to launch the game is if I log into first. I've played a lot of games. And I have never had to do so much work to play a game. I have so much problems with it, that I haven't played every much and as much as I don't want to, I might just stop playing. Because on top of all of this, it takes, 10 minutes before the OTP even gets to my email. This is worse than last summer when I was in queue for 45 minutes.

04.16.2013 , 10:39 AM | #112
Great work SWTOR man!

Tried to log on this evening (just to see if you were bothered about any concept of customer 'service'). Result was an 8 minute wait for the one time password to come through. Result was, of course, that it was not accepted.

Second attempt - password received 13 minutes after first login attempt. Fails to be accepted again.

Still have not logged on.................

Will I ever been able to use up what paid subscription I have left outstanding.......?

04.16.2013 , 03:38 PM | #113
Yeah I'm also having this problem.
Delayed OTP, and error when using it ( prob due to it being expired) .
Most attempts to log in now take me 30 mins, and from what I read, that's fast.

Unfortunately I don't have a smart phone so cant use the free app, and the physical security key devices are out of stock at the moment lol.

I understand why I need to use a OTP all the time, my net is dynamic IP. That's not my issue.

Even as a short term fix can you extend the valid times for the OTP, at least until you guys can figure out why the emails are taking so long to generate and send?

04.16.2013 , 08:55 PM | #114
The OTP is making it very inconvenient for me. I am considering canceling my account. Life has enough inconveniences why should I pay a monthly fee for more? I hope to hear something positive soon. My assumption is that I will not and this will be logged as “by design” as the auction house search blunder was. I can handle in-game bugs, they come with the territory. Intentional design decisions that impact the users negatively are unacceptable.

-Pissed Sith

04.17.2013 , 09:23 AM | #115
So does this mean we can now remove our own mobile security key from our accounts without calling in?

I was an early adopter of the mobile key and since I change ROMS on my Android phone a lot it made the mobile authenticator useless to me.

I purchased a physical one, but do not always if it on me.

If I can remove my own key this is great news and I can put it back on my phone.

Thank you for any responses.

04.17.2013 , 11:38 AM | #116
Yes, the one-time password problem still means us with the variable IP addresses cannot log on.

Well done design team! You've stopped hackers and also stopped subscribers from playing the game!

04.18.2013 , 02:38 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Beginning, today, April 2, 2013, logging in to the game or website will require your Display Name. Email addresses are no longer accepted; your Display Name is the only accepted option.

Read More
Who thing is ridiculous every time the net drops out or a power outage have to ring support international to fix it

04.19.2013 , 09:20 AM | #118
Having the same issues as described above. It was already annoying to get a one-time password everytime I logged in. Now it is even worse, waiting for the password to arrive and then finding out it's not accepted and having to redo everything all over again. If they dont provide a solution soon i'm going to reconsider my subscription

04.19.2013 , 02:37 PM | #119
Return confidential questions back. Bothered to wait for 2 hours, one-time passwords.

04.20.2013 , 05:09 AM | #120
Very frustrating the new system. Why not give players the option of either using OTP or their secret questions ... I know which one I'd opt for.