Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Display Name Only Log In Now Live

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Freedreamer
04.05.2013 , 06:29 PM | #91
Hey so one of my friends cant log in to his account, he never received his one-time password, and he tried changing his password but didnt get any of their e-mails so he cant do anything. Is there anything that can be done?

Elminster_cs
04.05.2013 , 06:38 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Freedreamer View Post
Hey so one of my friends cant log in to his account, he never received his one-time password, and he tried changing his password but didnt get any of their e-mails so he cant do anything. Is there anything that can be done?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=619913
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Elrond_Hubbard
04.05.2013 , 07:17 PM | #93
I cannot play SWTOR unless I use the so-called "one-time" password every single time.

Why is SWTOR more fortified than the Kremlin? Is hacking so epidemic that such ridiculous measures are required? Or is it that a few idiots who can't choose a good password are ruining it for the rest of us?

I'm not a computer security guru, but does a game password that depends on another A) password-protected B) third-party C) email message loaded in a D) browser really offer better security than personalized questions?

No one would tolerate this level of annoyance from any online store, and gaming is far less important than financial transactions. For me at least, SWTOR is green obtuse tending to blue nonagon!

XendorRyuthokar
04.06.2013 , 07:09 AM | #94
Here is the (disclaimer) HYPOTHETICAL!! situation. PH wanted a job with Interpol or the CIA as an elite and ultra secret international code breaker but Frank W. Abagnale would not hire him due to his lack of humor and interpersonal skills, so he submitted his very impressive resume to Bioware which had numerous jobs available at a reduced salary after firing all its 6 figure employees. Now PH is proving to the big shot encryption experts that he has the brilliance and intellect to create a system that is so ultra protected that even the intended account holders cant access it. Mohahaha meh, ha, ha, hmm, umm. hm.

PH Shall have his REVENGE!!!,

What do you want to do tonight? The same thing we do every night, Try to take over the World!!!!!
Ebon Hawk server
Rruothk'ar - Pauperor - Nebuleus - Dhakragol - Necrodameus

KennethHoover
04.06.2013 , 08:59 AM | #95
Can't log into the game, either since the last patch. None of the fixes work for me.

But I can sleep well at night knowing my game is secure.
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

Elrond_Hubbard
04.06.2013 , 10:31 AM | #96
Is it worth pointing out the sad irony of another Star Wars franchise being driven into the ground by lame ideas? We have been Jar Jarred.

wateer
04.06.2013 , 09:09 PM | #97
I tried repatching it works ok to far just a couple crashes here and their. Hopefully the hutt cartel patch will take care of the crash problems.

Rincewend
04.07.2013 , 07:30 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Yeah, i often use applications that cleans out my cookies etc, as safety measure since im not the only one with access to this computer. I did realise that was the reason for what's happening.

So what this means is, either i get prompted every time - or i lower my personal safety measures on my computer? Which is kinda counterproductive since one of the reasons i do this is to prevent others from access to my email...
And this is why the chages were not thought out. it opens all of us to more risk not less.

DarhtHop
04.08.2013 , 03:28 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by mwaterfall View Post
I've been having same problem can't log in it loads then crashes right before the character screen
have they fixed this yet

Achimobil
04.09.2013 , 11:48 PM | #100
For Germany the solution with the IP is not the right one. 90% of all ISP's has a 24h disconnect per default ans every 24h we got a new IP. Bind it to IP range. Test the IP to the IP Range of the ISP from the last Login, thats ok. But the whole IP is Stupid.

Using Mobile token app is no solution. Mobile device can break. I had that in my time on playing Diablo 3. Mobile Device broken on firmware update. It takes 3 days to remove my token from account so that I can play again.

Buy hardware token is also no solution. I must have it to play. I wanna sit down to my laptop and play. my Phone is in the car. my security token also, but I can't play without? No way.

So remove this stupid OTP or change it to check ISP IP range.