Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comms and 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
04.01.2013 , 08:45 PM | #41
Arbitrary way to extend the content of a single new raid at level 55. Pretty sad really, and it is only going to drive players away. Those kind of restrictions are just going to discourage players from doing more than necessary because they wont want to hit the cap.

Werdan
04.02.2013 , 12:09 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by QBSlide View Post
So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms?
Check here for the most recent prices from PTS before it closed. These prices are subject to change though so don't blame anyone if they do. I personally plan on saving mine as the gear I'll be able to get (even with a reduced conversion of 4:1) is much better than what I could get on live.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
We still didn't really get a solid answer on the PVP gear.

Does that mean that NO PVP (even Elite War Hero) gear will be obtainable once 2.0 hits, letting everyone rely on Bolster 2.0 instead?

And only until we reach Level 55 will we be able to buy the new gear beyond Elite War Hero?

Or will there still be new Level 50 PVP gear to purchase with comms when 2.0 hits?

1. As of now, it's all Level 55 on the PTS if I'm not mistaken. If that's the case, everyone should be spending whatever comms they think they'll be able to earn back from level 50-55 in PVP, either in buying armor for toons or medpacs to sell for credits.

2. If there's going to be new or still-available Level 50 gear, then we should be saving maxed comms for 2.0

Which is it?
As of the last version of PTS there was no starter (L50) PvP gear at all. The new gear is 146/150 rated (same as WH/EWH) with slightly different normal stats and much higher expertise than either WH/EWH. They are level 55 only and you CANNOT purchase it before 55. How and when you spend your comms might depend on certain factors. If you are at or will be near cap when 2.0 starts you may want to PvE your way to 55 so that you can start earning comms again. If you'd rather PvP then spending some now might be best for you.

While I didn't get a chance to test PvP out in my brief testing on PTS, my understanding is that bolster helps tremendously even if wearing all greens. There were some reports of players just equipping their main and off hands and still performing well due to bolster. Mind you, any and all of this might change for live.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

Kaizersan
04.02.2013 , 01:32 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Werdan View Post
As of the last version of PTS there was no starter (L50) PvP gear at all. The new gear is 146/150 rated (same as WH/EWH) with slightly different normal stats and much higher expertise than either WH/EWH. They are level 55 only and you CANNOT purchase it before 55. How and when you spend your comms might depend on certain factors. If you are at or will be near cap when 2.0 starts you may want to PvE your way to 55 so that you can start earning comms again. If you'd rather PvP then spending some now might be best for you.

While I didn't get a chance to test PvP out in my brief testing on PTS, my understanding is that bolster helps tremendously even if wearing all greens. There were some reports of players just equipping their main and off hands and still performing well due to bolster. Mind you, any and all of this might change for live.
The answer on the pvp gear is correct there will be no more recruit gear or warhero or elite warhero once 2.0 hits the only gear you will be able to buy with wz coms is when you are level 55, Now as far as the bolster goes it is about the same as wearing recruit gear expertise wise but you will still get face rolled by people with full warhero gear reguardless of what BW tells you it is best to earn coms now and then when 2.0 hits pve your way to 55 and use the coms for the new gear.

Kaizersan
04.02.2013 , 01:37 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by QBSlide View Post
So here is a question then. Should I hurry up and use up all my daily comms then? Since the ratio of them is 4:1 when we turn them in, shouldn't I spend them now? Like in the daily commendation vendor, something that costs 120 daily commendations now, after 2.0 will it cost 120 basic commendations too? Or will the prices be fixed to where it will cost just 30 basic comms?
Stuff cost roughly the same as they did before just your daily coms become classic coms and classic coms are much easier to get since you can get as much classic coms in 2.0 as you could get daily coms since quest that gave daily coms will now give classic coms.

chriscshunter
04.02.2013 , 02:02 AM | #45
So basically classic comms will be worthless unless you want to get 63's for some stupid reason in 2.0? So they are more useful to use up all your comms and reverse to obtain and sell mole stabs right?

Margoth
04.02.2013 , 07:59 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
So basically classic comms will be worthless unless you want to get 63's for some stupid reason in 2.0? So they are more useful to use up all your comms and reverse to obtain and sell mole stabs right?
You could do that. Of course Molecular Stabs will also be mostly worthless come 2.0. It's a whole new top end gear set. You should be thinking of it as the top end gear now, becomes Tionese gear with 2.0 (or it will after about a month or two). It will be useful for getting you to 55. It will be useful for companions. It will be useful for entry to Ops. But it's last years model as far as the gear goes.

Margoth
04.02.2013 , 08:00 AM | #47
So glad they updated from PTS to allow unlimited weekly planetary comms. The old limit would really have hampered leveling up Alts.

UndyingImhotep
04.02.2013 , 08:35 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by ericterminator View Post
Ok my comms are all max to 1000 accept black hole is at 315 I spend some of it so who is good in math? I like to know how many classic comms that will make? I think I wiil be loosing some, can anyone answer this for me.

Thanks
Did the math:
166 from Tionese, 250 each from Columi and Daily and 315 from Black Hole
Total Classic Comms received will be 981, 181 over the cap.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Jilisipone
04.02.2013 , 09:13 AM | #49
My advice for spending Black Hole comms is to spend them before 2.0 patch. The reason is becasue as long as the 1:1 conversion rate holds true, you can buy more now with them than you will be able to once they are converted to Classic Comms. For example:

148 Black Hole Comms now will get you:

1 Black Hole Chest Armor ( 60 BH Comms ) - (Includes 1 armoring, 1 mod, 1 enhancement)
1 Campaign Chest Armoring (44 BH Comms )
1 Campaign Leg Armoring ( 44 BH Comms)

For a total of 5 slots worth of Mods for gear + shell. Then you can also use a tio/colu/rakata piece to put the BH armoring into and rip it back out after 2.0 to transfer the set bonus to the armoring (thus letting you end up with 2 level 61 armorings that include the set bonus).

150 Classic Comms after 2.0 will get you:

1 Campaign Checst Armor ( 150 Classic Comms ) - (Includes 1 armoring, 1 mod, 1 enhancement)

For a total of 3 slots worth of Mods + shell.

Also, when you compare the cost of Black Hole Belt & Bracers to Campaign Belt & Bracers after 2.0, you can buy both now for 70 Black Hole Comms where as 1 of them will cost 70 Classic Comms alone after 2.0.

Campaing and Black Hole are both level 61 mods, so you get more out of your BH comms now vs saving them to buy Campaign gear after 2.0.

This ONLY applies to BH comms......save all the other comms / unassebled pieces to convert to classic and use them for campaign gear post 2.0 instead of buying < 61 gear now (unless you are going to use it to apply the set bonus to BH armorings post 2.0 as I said above).

JerForceOne
04.02.2013 , 09:22 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
You mean, aside from the class balancing changes, the updates to the comms (listed above), a new Operation, new Flashpoint(s) and the Makeb content update?

Not much.
LOL! Post of the year!