Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comms and 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PUMA
04.01.2013 , 11:52 AM | #11
Only keep black hole imo. Here's a link to a comm converter and more info to help you.
converter
Descension - The Bastion
Lowkee - The Rinou Legacy
Guild Website || Join Us

Laurreth
04.01.2013 , 11:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aldael View Post
- It is worthy to keep them (any type) and wait them to be converted into new type, or buy items with them ?
I'd personally keep what doesn't get lost. IIRC you will get some new purchase options for gear you couldn't ordinarily purchase now.

The patch introduces a lot of class changes, so you may want to change some of your gear after it hits.
Rüstige Rentner auf Jar'Kai Sword — schau einfach mal rein ☺
“I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up” — rantboi

Elear
04.01.2013 , 12:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aldael View Post
Another question about commendations:

- It is worthy to keep them (any type) and wait them to be converted into new type, or buy items with them ?
Columi/Tionese, worth to spend only if you need money ot will have more classic comms after conversion than overflow cap.
- daliy comms - certainly worth it, considering all stuff at daily vendors had old prices(but in classic comms), so buying before 2.0 you can get 4 times more for same price.
- BH depends, you could want to buy campaign for some reason, like perfect stat distribution of color of shell. But in most cases, buying BH piece and Campaign armiring now is cheaper than campaing pieces in 2.0. Or you don't have daily comms but want to buy stuff from daily vendor, and want to save BH comms for that.

DesmoLegacy
04.01.2013 , 12:04 PM | #14
I assume if we are max WH and WZ comms then we get to use them at level 55 to obtain the new gear?
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

VainEldritch
04.01.2013 , 12:10 PM | #15
So... wait one moment here.

I have about 500 planetary commendations... will I lose all but 100 when 2.0 drops? Should I spend 'em now?
Vanitas vanitatum, omnia vanitas
"I didn't get where I am today by letting some snot-nosed Jedi Padawan leave my cheese out in the wind." Sith Imperial Guard Vorlok Vanitas explains why Jedi Younglings must die.
Star Wars: The Old Republic beta tester and Founder

Merouk
04.01.2013 , 12:13 PM | #16
Yes spend planetary commendations now.

Quite a few planets have good stuff, like orange outfit pieces, weapons, or even the more rare off-hand shields/focuses/generators and off-hand weapons like shotguns, vibroknives, etc. Even if they are low level items, you can always take out the mods and put in level 50 mods etc.

I've actually only kept commendations for the planets that had no gear that I wanted. Even then I spent on mods and enhancements. It's free gear that helps you level up, and as you can see, points over 100 will be wasted.

StefanInter
04.01.2013 , 12:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
I've noticed a lot of questions about the upcoming changes to Commendations. To help you make your spending decisions before Game Update 2.0, here are a few of the patch notes:

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.
  • Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:
    • Tionese Commendations - 6:1
    • Columi Commendations - 4:1
    • Daily Commendations - 4:1
    • Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Please keep in mind that these aren't all of the notes with regards to Commendations, but I hope the info above helps anyone who is confused and trying to make sense of what's going to happen.

Amber can you give us the caps?? Those are the most important for me.
SWTOR

Werdan
04.01.2013 , 01:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
I've noticed a lot of questions about the upcoming changes to Commendations. To help you make your spending decisions before Game Update 2.0, here are a few of the patch notes:

• Commendations from individual planets have been converted into a single "Planetary Commendation" type. Vendors that previously traded items for specific planet commendations now trade the same items for Planetary Commendations.
  • Tionese Crystals have been converted to the new "Planetary Commendation" type and no longer drop from any content.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations have all been converted to Classic Commendations. Missions and loot that previously awarded these commendations will now award Classic Commendations instead.
  • Daily, Tionese, Columi, and Black Hole Commendations in your inventory will be converted to Classic Commendations at the following ratios:
    • Tionese Commendations - 6:1
    • Columi Commendations - 4:1
    • Daily Commendations - 4:1
    • Black Hole Commendations - 1:1

Please keep in mind that these aren't all of the notes with regards to Commendations, but I hope the info above helps anyone who is confused and trying to make sense of what's going to happen.

A couple of questions and concerns if you will.

-Has there been any change to the comm caps we saw on PTS? Some of these seen to be increased significantly.

-Tionese Crystals were supposed to convert to planetary comms at a 1:1 ratio yet there may have been instance where this was not the case. Also, there was no overflow for planetary comms which resulted in a loss for those with over 100 comms/crystals prior to 2.0. Any chance of addressing this.

-How, if at all, will odd comms be converted to the new system. For example if I have 57 Tionese comms, will I get 10 classic comms or only 9?

-While not many players still have any in their currency tabs, is there any chance of being able to convert Centurian, Mercenary, and Battlemaster comms to one of the newer comms (classic)?

-Lastly, touching on the comm cap again, with the new PvP gear needing level 55 to purchase, level 50 players that are or will be at the current cap before 2.0 will not be able to purchase any of the new gear for some time. This is even more of an issue for those who preordered the expansion AFTER 1/7 and do not have early access. Is it possible to remove the L55 purchase restrictions so that we can start spending our comms while retaining the level equip restriction in place? I would assume many wouldn't even bother PvPing until they hit 55 due to this restriction.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

Werdan
04.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanInter View Post
All of these were as of the last version of PTS.

PvP remained the same as live 2750/4500 with no weekly limits.
Planetary was 100 total and 50 weekly with no overflow from conversion.
Classic was 400 total, 200 weekly and 800 from overflow.
Basic was 400 total, 200 weekly with no overflow (new comm type).
Elite and Ultimate was 300 total, 150 weekly with no overflow (new comm type).
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

UltimateKrucible
04.01.2013 , 01:19 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by StefanInter View Post
Yeah, c'mon Amber - the caps are what people are really concerned about.

How much do we stand to lose?
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell