Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Comms and 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
04.04.2013 , 02:32 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Taramayne View Post
I think the overflow limit of 100 on planetary comms is a bit too low. I'd like to see maybe 200; even at that almost all of my characters are going to lose a bunch.

Devs; Please consider raising that number a bit.

..OR, maybe consider converting excess planetary over the cap to classic at maybe 10:1?
All legacy comms being converted to new comms should convert without loss.

There are no reasons at all to cap comms during conversion (and very little reason to have caps at all post conversion) for these 'legacy' comms as all they buy are existing non-end game items.

The new Makeb planetary vendor sales Grade 25 (Rakata level - required level 50 in one PTS build, 52 or 53 in another) mods that will only be useful for players leveling through 1-55, not for players trying to gear at the new level cap.

Kyleslater's Avatar


Kyleslater
04.04.2013 , 04:11 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by DawnAskham View Post
All legacy comms being converted to new comms should convert without loss.

There are no reasons at all to cap comms during conversion (and very little reason to have caps at all post conversion) for these 'legacy' comms as all they buy are existing non-end game items.

The new Makeb planetary vendor sales Grade 25 (Rakata level - required level 50 in one PTS build, 52 or 53 in another) mods that will only be useful for players leveling through 1-55, not for players trying to gear at the new level cap.
IMO classic comms (the new daily comm thing) should be from dailies only with a much higher cap. it's for gearing up companions and getting the first set of gear before we venture into the dangerous world of raiding. I'd rather see people get this gear sooner rather then later. Do you want to try a HM 55 with people still in tionese? I'd much rather see this come fast kinda like on live now where a fresh 50 gets enough gear to be viable in the lowest level operation (granted half the time they have to be told where to get the stuff). comm caps on ultimate comms, basic comm, and elite comms are not so bothersome because there is a slightly limited way to get those but classic comms... even if I only do like Section X and Black Hole that's still near 20 comms easily. if I do another planet it goes up to 30. That tells me that in one week of doing all the dailies every day I will be well over my limit of tokens and I will no longer be getting a reward for my quest. XP and cash don't count in this case when a daily is supposed to provide you with gear of sorts.

rubint's Avatar


rubint
04.07.2013 , 03:47 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Ciridemarr View Post
Any chance we could get rid of old pvp comms - Centurion and Champion ?
They already removed from game, we spent them away but they still sitting at "Currency" in update 2.0.

Please Devs
I still have loads of these. Is there a way to turn them into something useful (like WZ comms with n:1 ratio) in 2.0?

Sylin's Avatar


Sylin
04.07.2013 , 08:48 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilisipone View Post
The reason for the 50 planetary comm cap is because they want you spending those comms as you level and not saving them all up to spend at level 50/55. Whether or not that's right or wrong is debatable and ultimately a matter of personal opinion, but thats how EA has decided they want to foce/pursuade users to spend them and not horde them until the end.
Gotcha. It doesn't make sense to me why they'd choose such a low cap, but I guess with the ability to earn unlimited Planetary Comms is a somewhat fair trade-off. You'd just have to spend-as-you-go to stay below the 50 cap.

As for the other comm caps, I'm OK with that. We've been rather spoiled for a while now, able to gear up alts and companions far too easily. With the weekly caps in place, it actually forces me to think and choose which gear I want and plan my gear progression carefully. As opposed to right now, where gearing up is like being a fat guy at a buffet restaurant.
[ [ [ S Y L I N ] ] ]
‎"I'm programmed to understand over 100 languages and dialects,
and in not one is the phrase "on fire" positive when referring to a person!"

Tyrpak's Avatar


Tyrpak
04.08.2013 , 06:22 AM | #125
I noticed a thing noone seemed to address yet:

Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat.
Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.

So it's either under par stats, but set bonus, or sane stats and no set bonus.

This is really dumb, IMHO.

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
04.08.2013 , 07:25 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrpak View Post
Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat. Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.
You can still get Campaign and DG gear in 2.0. Dulfy's site has the content of all the vendors. The armorings alone are going away, but I think you can still buy the gear pieces with either tokens or comms.

Jilisipone's Avatar


Jilisipone
04.08.2013 , 08:24 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrpak View Post
I noticed a thing noone seemed to address yet:

Classic commendation gear will be current BlackHole one, where 5 out of 7 armorings is Endurance > Mainstat.
Without Campaign armorings, you will have to resort to buying player made 63 armorings, which won't have a set bonus. And because after 2.0 armorings will provide set bonus and not the shell, you can't fix it with putting the crafted armoring in a set bonus shell.

So it's either under par stats, but set bonus, or sane stats and no set bonus.

This is really dumb, IMHO.
Actually you are wrong. Classic Comm loot will be Campaign Gear, not Black Hole. And most of the Campaign armorings are Main Stat > Endurance if I'm not mistaken.

Tionese, Columi, Rakata, and Black Hole are all being removed in 2.0.

Vavder's Avatar


Vavder
04.08.2013 , 08:40 AM | #128
Is there a cap on the number of Black Hole comms you can convert?

Jilisipone's Avatar


Jilisipone
04.08.2013 , 08:49 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Vavder View Post
Is there a cap on the number of Black Hole comms you can convert?
Black Hole Comms become Classic Comms at a 1:1 ratio. You have a one-time overflow cap of 800 classic comms. However, Tionese (6:1 ratio), Columi (4:1 Ratio) and Daily Comms (4:1 ratio) also convert to Classic Comms.

So in the end, the cap of the number of Current Comms that convert to Classic Comms is 800 and is based upon all existing comms you have except for PvP comms and Planetary Comms. As long as your total of (Tionese / 6) + (Columi / 4) + (Daily / 4) + (Black Hole) < 800, you won't loose any comms. If it's > 800....better spend some before Tomorrow.

DawnAskham's Avatar


DawnAskham
04.08.2013 , 09:03 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilisipone View Post
Black Hole Comms become Classic Comms at a 1:1 ratio. You have a one-time overflow cap of 800 classic comms. However, Tionese (6:1 ratio), Columi (4:1 Ratio) and Daily Comms (4:1 ratio) also convert to Classic Comms.

So in the end, the cap of the number of Current Comms that convert to Classic Comms is 800 and is based upon all existing comms you have except for PvP comms and Planetary Comms. As long as your total of (Tionese / 6) + (Columi / 4) + (Daily / 4) + (Black Hole) < 800, you won't loose any comms. If it's > 800....better spend some before Tomorrow.
If you have more than 1 BH comm, you should spend now as the prices go up significantly tomorrow. Even buying a BH piece along with a Campaign armoring today will cost significantly less than buying one Campaign piece tomorrow.

This holds true even if you have no use for any BH stuff as you'll still get more to either RE or vendor today than you will after the conversion.

The only comms it would be worth carrying over are excess Tionese, Columi and Daily - assuming you have geared your main companion, don't need any of the DG Relics or Daily Comm schematics, and could still use some Campaign level items (for yourself, alts, companions).

Again though, if you have no use for Campaign level gear at all, then it would be better to use up the comms today and just vendor the items for credits.