Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Comms and 2.0

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthVengeant
04.03.2013 , 04:56 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
Recommending "everyone" to get rid of their commendations is ultimately a very, very arrogant statement.
Except that alot of people are in high end gear and the stuff we will get from comms conversion in 2.0 is below our lvl and essentially worthless. That's why he said it. I see nothing arrogant about his statement. It's not everyone else s fault you don't have the high end gear yet and prefer to play PVP all the time. Trying to enforce penalties on others based on how YOU play and earn things is arrogant sir.

DarthVengeant
04.03.2013 , 05:05 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by potatman View Post
Because there are people (like) who are inclined to unsub as soon as they get their alts geared. This way they made it impossible to gear up within a month, so subscribers will need to pay for two (or more) months to gear up instead of just one month.
Wrong. The majority of people don't do that.

People like myself gear up and raid with their guild every week, and lvl alts, and gear them. Some members of my guild have 8 geared 50 toons with maxed out Legacy and still play nearly daily. So, don't give me a line of minority hogwash.

Enforcing a cap on people to play a certain amount and how much they can ear in a GAME THEY PAY FOR is nanny state garbage.

It sounds to me like alot of people are jealous of people who can play all the time and gear up faster than them. It's childish.

zzoorrzz
04.03.2013 , 05:09 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Oudob View Post
Why am I still subscriber when they give me an limit on how much Commendations I can farm?

I mean come on. Where are the benefits of beeing a subscriber? Is bioware scared that I could farm all the Commendations in less then 4 Month? Why you dont want that I play as much as I want?

I mean I pay much money
and then this. What comes next? 20 hours playtime for every player and then you need to wait until next week?
I agree with this guy.

Would like if some competent person would answer the question from post #31 about the reasoning of the caps.

Mowermanx
04.03.2013 , 05:14 AM | #104
Theres been a hard cap in place since release via daily/weekly and lockouts.
If you do the math, they are actually raising the cap.

But no, lets all fly off the handle and rage...

It hasn't been needed up to now because there simply isn't enough content to warrant it.
This has nothing to do with makeb or 2.0, its to do with more FP's, ops and ways to get comms being added, a line had to be drawn because comms would be raining from the sky, and being able to gear up in a week will kill the game faster than anything else.

Sotty
04.03.2013 , 05:45 AM | #105
Does anyone know how long you will be able to turn in unassembled Rakata/Columi pieces for commendation containers?

FennixFox
04.03.2013 , 06:27 AM | #106
I have a mix of Columi, BH and Daily comms as well as a number of unassembled columi/rakata pieces. My understanding is that the unassembled pieces will not automatically be converted, and that I'll have to turn those into a vendor.

So let's say I have 200 BH comms. When 2.0 hits those BH comms will convert to 200 Classic Comms and I will have hit the weekly cap. I will now have to wait a week before I can turn-in any unassembled pieces, and then I will only be able to turn-in 200 comms worth of them. I was hoping to fill-in some gear gaps with Campaign stuff, but it appears I may be gated from doing that as completely as I'd like.

Am I understanding this correctly?
Check out my weekly Podcast - State of the Old Republic (SOTOR)
Follow me on Twitter - @sotorpodcast

Jilisipone
04.03.2013 , 07:50 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by FennixFox View Post
I have a mix of Columi, BH and Daily comms as well as a number of unassembled columi/rakata pieces. My understanding is that the unassembled pieces will not automatically be converted, and that I'll have to turn those into a vendor.

So let's say I have 200 BH comms. When 2.0 hits those BH comms will convert to 200 Classic Comms and I will have hit the weekly cap. I will now have to wait a week before I can turn-in any unassembled pieces, and then I will only be able to turn-in 200 comms worth of them. I was hoping to fill-in some gear gaps with Campaign stuff, but it appears I may be gated from doing that as completely as I'd like.

Am I understanding this correctly?
The conversion upon logging into 2.0 the first time does not count toward weekly earning caps. So you will start at 0 of x cap, even if you get 800 Classic comms from conversion. However, you will not be able to earn any more comms through questing or token turn ins until you drop below the 400 total cap.

Once you drop below the 400 total cap, any quest comm rewards or old token "trade ins" will begin counting towards the weekly cap. So yes.....in that regard you will be limited to the number of old shell token turn ins you can do per week.

I am fine with them forcing us to drop below the 400 cap mark before we can earn more comms by token trade-ins. However, I do agree with another poster that those should NOT count towards weekly earnings cap. I should be able to turn in tokens, spend comms, turn in more tokens, spend more comms, etc to get rid of all the old stuff right up front and then begin farming my weekly limit immediately after. That's the best option for BW in my opinion as well to get rid of all the "old" stuff from circulation as quickly as possible.

Jilisipone
04.03.2013 , 08:31 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Wrong. The majority of people don't do that.

People like myself gear up and raid with their guild every week, and lvl alts, and gear them. Some members of my guild have 8 geared 50 toons with maxed out Legacy and still play nearly daily. So, don't give me a line of minority hogwash.

Enforcing a cap on people to play a certain amount and how much they can ear in a GAME THEY PAY FOR is nanny state garbage.

It sounds to me like alot of people are jealous of people who can play all the time and gear up faster than them. It's childish.
Every MMO game out there puts superficial limits on how quickly players can consume content. Almost 2 decades of MMO experience has proven that this is required to maintain the game. While I personally don't have any problem with players that want to play 24x7 and complete every NiM FP and be in BiS gear within the first 3 days; the problem is that many of those players then start showing up on the forums griping that the need MORE new content, and blaming BioWare for not developing it fast enough. If you consume content faster than BioWare creates it....that's you're fault and not theirs. If you are not one of those players, then good for you; but past practice in almost every other MMO has shown this to be true for a high number of the people who play huge amounts of time per week.

Also, people need to keep in mind that paying $15 a month does not allow you to use someone else's property however you want. To be honest, this is EA's game. They can honestly do whatever they want in and with the game, whether we like it or not. Granted, it's in their best interest to develop the game in such a way that is pleasing to the majority of players in order to keep bringing income from it; but in the end, it's their choice on which creative direction to take and what "road blocks" they choose to put in place to prolong the longevity of their game. Its our choice to determine if we are going to continue accepting that and paying them money or switch to another game.

Whether you consider that "nannying" you or EA protecting their investment....that's for you to decide. All of these limits are there to control how quickly players can consume content. They do not limit you from playing the game, as there are plenty of other things that you can still do once you reach those caps to progress.

PerinnAybara
04.03.2013 , 10:56 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Jilisipone View Post
Every MMO game out there puts superficial limits on how quickly players can consume content. Almost 2 decades of MMO experience has proven that this is required to maintain the game. While I personally don't have any problem with players that want to play 24x7 and complete every NiM FP and be in BiS gear within the first 3 days; the problem is that many of those players then start showing up on the forums griping that the need MORE new content, and blaming BioWare for not developing it fast enough. If you consume content faster than BioWare creates it....that's you're fault and not theirs. If you are not one of those players, then good for you; but past practice in almost every other MMO has shown this to be true for a high number of the people who play huge amounts of time per week.

Also, people need to keep in mind that paying $15 a month does not allow you to use someone else's property however you want. To be honest, this is EA's game. They can honestly do whatever they want in and with the game, whether we like it or not. Granted, it's in their best interest to develop the game in such a way that is pleasing to the majority of players in order to keep bringing income from it; but in the end, it's their choice on which creative direction to take and what "road blocks" they choose to put in place to prolong the longevity of their game. Its our choice to determine if we are going to continue accepting that and paying them money or switch to another game.

Whether you consider that "nannying" you or EA protecting their investment....that's for you to decide. All of these limits are there to control how quickly players can consume content. They do not limit you from playing the game, as there are plenty of other things that you can still do once you reach those caps to progress.
Pretty sure paying fifteen dollars a month makes this "our game" and no longer just EA's property. Else why the hell are we paying anything at all?
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

chriscshunter
04.03.2013 , 11:07 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
Recommending "everyone" to get rid of their commendations is ultimately a very, very arrogant statement.
So consider the fact that someone starts a new toon after 2.0

Once they hit 50 they are not going to have any Classic Comms anyway. So are you saying they are screwed? No they can gear up the exact same way anyone does. Having a 51 or 61 isn't going to make things really that much harder when you are questing on a planet anyway.

I've never thought to myself on any planet that "I need to gear up!", its more so "I need to level up". I am just saying you get more value out of your comms now, but when 2.0 hits they are going to be trash gear. And its a fact. Even if you gear yourself out in full 61's people arent going to want you in their lvl 55 hm ops... so your going to have to get better gear anyway. 51 and 61 is going to be different levels of crap gear basically.

But hey its all good, waste your comms on 61 gear, I'll be booting your *** out of my lvl 55 ops hm's everytime.