Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guess No Joke Announcement Today

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Guess No Joke Announcement Today

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.01.2013 , 08:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
After last years one I don't think they will. All the rage from people when they thought it was really and then all rage when they found out it was a joke.

I for one thought it was funny.
Anyone who thought that was real had to be really dim. I've fallen for April Fool's jokes before, but that one was pretty obviously fake.

Phrase
04.01.2013 , 08:04 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
That doesn't make sense, if you read the yellow posts lately they've gotten more jokey and they've openly admit they are getting less restrictive on people trolling/joking on the forums.
Should I explain to you the use of the conjunction or?

Sixgun
The Bastion

Arlon_Nabarlly
04.01.2013 , 08:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Phrase View Post
Should I explain to you the use of the conjunction or?
Oh yes, please do. I'm sure that will completely clear up the post you posted

Solar_Breeze
04.01.2013 , 08:08 AM | #14
Was expecting a class balance post...

Eillack
04.01.2013 , 08:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
Was expecting a class balance post...
That made my day, thank you.

Apeth
04.01.2013 , 08:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Was looking forward to an updated droid mini-game or a new advance class for the Sarlacc Enforcer.
With the drama and over reaction this forum community creates at every post the devs make I wouldn't expect anything. Though Eric and the remaining cs do seem to have great senses of humour so fingers crossed for something funny.
Jeracho/Jera-cho/Ezekeol ' Triumvirate of the Grey'- Masters of Light and Dark, Darths of the Sith Empire. Memeber of the Apostles of the Force - Red Eclipse.

mlbrogueone
04.01.2013 , 08:41 AM | #17
I thought last year's was a bit funny. Then some folks pointed out how disappointed they were that there were bugs and the developers spent time on the fancy videos for the jokes. Maybe there was a bit too much "production value" put into last years joke. But I don't see why we couldn't have a developer make a comment about the "Rise of the Ewoks" expansion or something with a still pic and a paragraph description instead of elaborate videos.

Oh well. I'm not going to troll on the developers for not doing a joke today. I know there are a lot of people working really hard in Austin to improve the game and I appreciate what they do

Pscyon
04.01.2013 , 08:46 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
This is a best-case scenario.
I disagree. Best-case scenario would be if everyone just stopped making fake announcements.
Quote: Originally Posted by mlbrogueone View Post
I thought last year's was a bit funny.
It had a Super Star Wars arcade game. That was freaking brilliant. If only we got that.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more cartel coins each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Jayshames
04.01.2013 , 08:57 AM | #19
Don't they have all april to do it?

Andryah
04.01.2013 , 09:14 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
That doesn't make sense, if you read the yellow posts lately they've gotten more jokey and they've openly admit they are getting less restrictive on people trolling/joking on the forums.
I agree with you.

However, we are still left with: "whiny brat without the neural capacity"
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html