Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chain stunning - Are you serious Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Chain stunning - Are you serious Bioware?

Propanelgen
12.20.2011 , 05:51 PM | #1
There is obviously no diminishing returns or immunity to stunning after being stunned.
The way it works now, you get chain stunned forever (until you die)..
It's extremely annoying.

TradewindNQ
12.20.2011 , 05:52 PM | #2
I like hyperbole too.

JediMasterRyanW
12.20.2011 , 05:52 PM | #3
Isn't there a Resolve meter that fills up when you're CCed until you become immune? There was in beta.

Sudra
12.20.2011 , 05:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Propanelgen View Post
There is obviously no diminishing returns or immunity to stunning after being stunned.
The way it works now, you get chain stunned forever (until you die)..
It's extremely annoying.
Welcome to a Vanilla game. It will get tweaked just like everything else in every other game in the ENTIRE history of MMOs.

tehjosh
12.20.2011 , 05:56 PM | #5
To be fair to the OP, the system in place now is a little broken. Unless your resolve is 100% full, you can still be stunned, however because it depletes so fast, if you're out of a stun for 2 seconds you can receive a full stun again.

The easy way to fix this is either have resolve = diminishing returns, so if you're at 90% resolve then you resist 90% of the stun and are only stunned for a very brief time, OR to have the segments of resolve = the diminishing returns whereas each segment is worth 33% resistance. The second method is probably easier for them to put in place but yeah at the moment it's extremely broken and I can understand how upset people get over it.
Live the Dream

SKEPTiK-
12.20.2011 , 05:57 PM | #6
I read it, 'chair stunning'. WWE ftl.
"The cannons don't thunder, there's nothing to plunder"

(ǝɔɐɟ ɹnoʎ pǝuʍd ɐdɯɐʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı)

Sudra
12.20.2011 , 06:07 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SKEPTiK- View Post
I read it, 'chair stunning'. WWE ftl.
I'm confused so greatly... The chair stunning joke made me laugh.. but your quote made me sad and angry..

Whyyyyyyyyyy

Lokai
12.20.2011 , 10:55 PM | #8
resolve=diminishing returns system, it will probably need tweaked here and there is launch issues are to be expected... give them time.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

THECLONED
12.21.2011 , 04:23 AM | #9
/facepalm for chain stunning in this game and Bioware . AND the cc brake is 2 min cooldown .
Guild BG Heroes

LilTikiBoy
12.21.2011 , 04:51 AM | #10
The game has been out for 1 day officially, give it time. I went almost a year in wow as a one button rogue before they git rid of it. This game is gonna have flaws for a while, get used to it or go play something else for a few months.