Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint crash

Nerdcommando
03.31.2013 , 05:23 PM | #1
Hello - I get a client crash after each FP that ends on a bridge of a ship and shows the stars blurring. That is the only time this happens.
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy. - Steven Wright

OwenBrooks
03.31.2013 , 05:29 PM | #2
Workaround at present is to ALT-TAB to the desktop, just before and wait for the hyperspace travel to finish then return to the game.

Rincewend
03.31.2013 , 09:22 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Workaround at present is to ALT-TAB to the desktop, just before and wait for the hyperspace travel to finish then return to the game.
Can we get a admin to post-it this than, this is the first i saw this workaround. "Chewie Lightspeed, I am going to check Facebook to see if Leia changed her status so we don't crash"

Rincewend
03.31.2013 , 09:53 PM | #5
sorry I ment fo them to stick this thread, I was not doubting you just wanted easier to find for others. (like adding it to the know issue list under the issue as a workaround). Not sure about others but I look there before I post/report bugs.

OwenBrooks
03.31.2013 , 09:59 PM | #6
Yeah I fully agree, or why they don't just remove that section of code and finish the FPs differently with a straight exit until they work out the cause and a fix.

Rincewend
03.31.2013 , 11:59 PM | #7
Yeah I fully agree, or why they don't just remove that section of code and finish the FPs differently with a straight exit until they work out the cause and a fix.
I would be afraid they break something else. Not sure about everyone else, but Foundry has always been buggy HM or SM. it's also a 50/50 chance that HK is going to be bugged (stuck in his tube, stuck out of his tube (quick burn) or like last night our tank feel threw the floor and kept falling (/stuck, exit, FP) all not working.

Just wish they add the workarounds to the know list so we know there is a way to prevent it. Thanks again Owen, I will try this the next time see if it works for the launch bug.