Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel item to increase credits limit?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cartel item to increase credits limit?

ArchonGamer
03.30.2013 , 07:32 PM | #1
Title says it all. How about introducing a cartel item that increases the maximum credit limit for F2P and Premium accounts. Why you ask.

Well, a lot of the cartel items being sold on the GTN are selling for more than the players can purchase. I see many, many items that ONLY premium and free players need and they are listed for 400k+ so there is no way (except help from a sub player) to get these items that only they need.

If you increase the credits limits with a cartel item you will make more real money by the selling of it, and it will also allow for more players to sell items to the premium and F2P players. It's a WIN-WIN

Kissakias
03.30.2013 , 07:36 PM | #2
its a vital restriction to make u sub m8
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--45480--achievement points--

-Kyuzo-
03.30.2013 , 10:13 PM | #3
keep praying for them to give in. hopefully a credit raise to 500k

Pscyon
03.30.2013 , 10:20 PM | #4
If you don't care about operations or warzones, the credit restriction is the only real annoyance there is in being a preferred player. If they were to let us bypass that too with a purchasable unlock the number of subscribing customers would probably drop quite a bit. So while it would be great for us, it would suck for Bioware.
Sith Sorcerer

ArchonGamer
04.02.2013 , 10:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kissakias View Post
its a vital restriction to make u sub m8
I understand that, but many people will never sub so this is another way to make real cash by selling an unlock maybe even only 100k increase per unlock.

I am a subscriber but I do get hassled by premium and F2P players asking me to buy x on the GTN and they'll trade me 250k credits and 3 other items that are worth y credits to cover the cost. It's silly really.

itzeosyo
04.02.2013 , 11:02 AM | #6
As someone considering going F2P, it occurred to me that this is unlikely to ever happen because it would make F2P actually viable, all things considered. We can't have that! Shame really, because this is the one limitation that really hurts. The worst part of it is that, according to what I heard, whatever you have over 350k is essentially going down the drain with no way to recover it unless you resub. They could maybe keep the cap and make it so that your balance gets refilled within an hour or so after it goes below 350k, but again, that'd still make F2P more than convenient...

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 11:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchonGamer View Post
I understand that, but many people will never sub
Too bad for them. You want to play without a sub, you live with the restrictions

this is another way to make real cash by selling an unlock maybe even only 100k increase per unlock.
I can see the QQ in general chat now (since freebs can't post in forum)..... "why I gotta pay to unlock moar credit cap?! Why only 100K at a time?! It's unfair!! Subs don't have to do this!"

I am a subscriber but I do get hassled by premium and F2P players asking me to buy x on the GTN and they'll trade me 250k credits and 3 other items that are worth y credits to cover the cost. It's silly really.
Personally, I have never experienced this in game.. not even on my GTN alts.

Do they put a blaster to your head and make you do this? Do they stalk you in game? How exactly can they hassle you? Just tell them NO.. and move on.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 11:27 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by itzeosyo View Post
As someone considering going F2P, it occurred to me that this is unlikely to ever happen because it would make F2P actually viable, all things considered. We can't have that! Shame really, because this is the one limitation that really hurts. The worst part of it is that, according to what I heard, whatever you have over 350k is essentially going down the drain with no way to recover it unless you resub. They could maybe keep the cap and make it so that your balance gets refilled within an hour or so after it goes below 350k, but again, that'd still make F2P more than convenient...
A sub going unsub can manage this fairly well. Stockpile commodities or other items that have stable GTN prices and are in demand before your sub expires. Items that are not going to be obsolete due to patching or Expansions. Then simply sell some as you need some credits. It won't help you with large expense items.. no way around that... but for day to day play... it would work quite nicely for your in game epenses. You can also do this in game unsub by converting credits to commodities before you cap your credits.
"The internet has enabled so much and empowered so many. But it can also be a place where the basic rules of decency are suspended and pettiness and negativity thrive, - Tim Cook, Apple CEO

Jaing
04.02.2013 , 11:44 AM | #9
Subscriber here. Been subscribing since the beginning (CE, early access, blah blah blah Iplaytoomuch).

I can only speak for myself, but the credit cap is really the only think keeping me subbed. I've worked many sections of the GTN, with many characters. I have more in-game credits than I have legitimate use for (no, you can't have any :P ). I've even designated the character that deals in cartel market gear as a guild fund raiser (10+ mil a week on that character).

With all that established, if there was a cartel market unlock to remove the credit cap, I'd unsub, sink 10-20 mil into getting all the unlocks I want for my various characters, and then just buy the weekly passes on an as-needed basis. That would then allow me to play for "free" (internet & electricity notwithstanding) as long as I kept up with the GTN and kept making money.

I have no idea how many others are in the same situation, but I am at least 1 subscription that would be lost if there was an unlock to remove the credit cap. That said, I really do want a credit unlock
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Andryah
04.02.2013 , 11:54 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaing View Post
That said, I really do want a credit unlock
Hehe... no UNLOCK for you!!

What about character count? Personally, I need all those extra slots I get as sub.