Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

APAC Server Merge and 'Myths' about Ping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
APAC Server Merge and 'Myths' about Ping

Andryah
03.29.2013 , 10:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by maracole View Post
Oh and I do get sick of the rude people who feel we shouldn't say anything about the merge......

Oh your so right, we should just suck it up hey
No, you are free to complain and whine for as long as you like. But don't expect to do so without response.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

grallmate
03.29.2013 , 10:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Hey pal.. you are the one that just could not resist putting that one line "dog nip at Bioware" into your thread topic.

I simply responded to it.
As I said, that was a TL;DR of "Ye Olde Ice Cream Shoppe" scenario in the OP, along with the TL;DR of every other point I made in the OP. It was not a nip at BW, it was a legitimate synopsis of the entire situation from the viewpoint of many APAC players and still stands: Why ask me what I want if you are going to give me something completely different?

And, this affects the decision by Bioware how exactly?

Fact: People from Australia play on US West servers in SWTOR. They seem to be able to cope with it. I personally have played the reverse route and after an hour or two of adjustment... was able to cope with it without much problem.

As for WoW, it's irrelevant to the discussion.. other then to note that they never provided you low latency servers. SWTOR is one of the few MMOs that actually tired... and failed.... and they are getting beaten over the head about it from the playerbase that cannot support localized servers with sufficient population to make it commercially worth the continued effort.

If you want to argue that it ruins competitive PvP..... I would agree with you. The hardcore PvP competitors will complain if latency goes above 30 and will do all manner of tweaking to trim 10ms off of latency. Not everone plays SWTOR for competitive PvP however. Actually for competitive PvP it's generally a subpar MMO IMO.
I'm not the one that first brought WoW (or any other MMO) into any discussions about SWTOR. I've never played WoW. Hell the only other MMO I've played was RO. I was posting to refute a VERY common argument in favor of the merges, that being that WoW only provides US based servers for APAC and people don't complain there.

Anyway Andryah, unless you wish to respond to the points raised in my OP with evidence to refute (or support) them I'm just going to ignore your posts from here on out. Your opinion is very well known on these forums as is your devotion and seemingly blind obedience to BW but should you feel the need to continue posting in this (or the Consolidated APAC thread) allow me to thank you for the free bumps.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

PseudoScience
03.29.2013 , 10:31 PM | #23
No, you are free to complain and whine for as long as you like. But don't expect to do so without response.
Are you an EA/Bioware spokesperson or affiliate whatsoever? I've seen you pop up in a lot of threads across a wide range of topics on this forum and I'm curious why you spend so much time defending Bioware?

And as for your views on the APAC servers. It is hard to take you seriously when this decision does not affect you at all. Most of us hold your views in the same contempt we have against Bioware when they say "we know what is best for you". I'll tell you what I told the trolls, show some compassion for an angry community.
APAC

Andryah
03.29.2013 , 11:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoScience View Post
Are you an EA/Bioware spokesperson or affiliate whatsoever?
As I have stated multiple times when this accusation comes up...no I am not in any way affiliated with Bioware or EA, nor have I ever been in any way affiliated with Bioware or EA.

Andryah
03.29.2013 , 11:27 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Anyway Andryah, unless you wish to respond to the points raised in my OP with evidence to refute (or support) them I'm just going to ignore your posts from here on out. Your opinion is very well known on these forums as is your devotion and seemingly blind obedience to BW but should you feel the need to continue posting in this (or the Consolidated APAC thread) allow me to thank you for the free bumps.
I have responded to specific comments made by you in this thread of yours. You want the thread on a narrow focus of discussion, then do not introduce your own snarky seqway commentary.

This thread, IMO, offers nothing constructive to the discussion about the APAC server decision by Bioware. It is simply an attempt to create yet another thread for people to complain in. Server ping for SWTOR is what it is for you. WoW server ping, which you now admit never having played, is not relevant. That said, if you bother to read the latency history on the internet for WoW, it reads remarkalby the same as it does for SWTOR.. with one exception.... WoW never gave you low latency local servers to begin with. It was a business and commercial mistake on the part of Bioware to ever provide localization of servers for APAC. Bioware might disagree with my assessment of that failure, but hindsight (which is always 20/20) shows me to be right on this. They took a risk.. they reached out to give improved service to APAC. It failed. They now have to clean up the mess. It's NOT the first mess they have had to clean up where server populations are concerned. But there track record on addressing server population issues is positive over the last year. Was everyone pleased by how they went about it in each case? No. But that is the way it works in real life.

PseudoScience
03.29.2013 , 11:50 PM | #26
I have responded to specific comments made by you in this thread of yours. You want the thread on a narrow focus of discussion, then do not introduce your own snarky seqway commentary.
It seems like you want to narrow the discussion to "just accept it" whereas everyone has a different perspective to add in this discussion. This thread offers another key piece of the story and it is very hypocritical of you to complain about our complaining.
APAC

spectreclees
03.30.2013 , 12:56 AM | #27
This post... I like this post. It's a good post. Great information here and it brings light to some issues this game needs to have addressed.

Dire-Wolf
03.30.2013 , 01:30 AM | #28
If WoW's being brought into the conversation it should be noted that playing pvp as melee is impossible in the game and that WoW's auto-attack helps make the ping less noticeable, though it is still noticeable. If BW goes through with this, expect half the classes (the melee classes) to be unplayable in pvp and suffer in pve.

I remember what it was like to play TOR on the American servers, it wasn't good. Play experience is significantly better playing at 30 ping instead of 200.

MouldyCrow
03.30.2013 , 01:31 AM | #29
Bioware don't care. If you go by the APAC forums most people aren't unsubbing over it either, just sucking it up.

There comes a point where you have to walk away from an abusive relationship, I think our relationship with EAWare has been really abusive over the last 12 months. To the point where if there isn't a reversal of this decision I will never pay money for anything they ever make again. I wish more APAC players were doing this instead of whinging, we already know they don't listen or care, do the thing they do listen to - don't pay them!
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

PseudoScience
03.30.2013 , 01:52 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Bioware don't care. If you go by the APAC forums most people aren't unsubbing over it either, just sucking it up.

There comes a point where you have to walk away from an abusive relationship, I think our relationship with EAWare has been really abusive over the last 12 months. To the point where if there isn't a reversal of this decision I will never pay money for anything they ever make again. I wish more APAC players were doing this instead of whinging, we already know they don't listen or care, do the thing they do listen to - don't pay them!
To keep the analogy, I have 15 days until my divorce from Bioware comes in. I hope EA and Bioware are happy together.
APAC