Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Most Popular Guide is Back! (Arsenal PvE)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter > Mercenary
The Most Popular Guide is Back! (Arsenal PvE)

Aerro
03.29.2013 , 12:38 PM | #1
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

This is STRICTLY a PvE guide. As the one of the top Mercs in Chosen, I decided to put my knowledge and background in writing for those seeking questions or help. Over the course of SWTORs lifespan, many new users have contributed to the thread to help it grow. With over 100,000 unique views, it quickly became the number one result when searching for a guide.

Now, all I ask is for the SWTOR community to jump in once again and help create an even better guide than previously! The Bounty Hunter community is great so lets make it even greater.

I have returned to the game looking forward to 2.0. Of course, with new content comes new updates! I will be working to get a brand new (up to date) guide posted once everything goes live.
Arsenal DPS Guide
One of the leading Mercenaries in a World Progression Guild.

BigjoeHoe
03.29.2013 , 03:12 PM | #2
Hey man its Oba, the one problem with specing 1 Point into Crit Reciton and 1 Point into the 2% Alc instead of the overall 4% is, for that spec to be good is to have the CR Proc Up EVERY TIME you have Unload going off and which it does come up a good amount it also is not up a good % of the time for every unload.

In witch case 6/31/4 spec is no good because like i said for it to be good you want the CR proc every time you do your unload and in the end its only giving you .1 Sec less on your unload which yes makes a small difference but for the times you miss RC proc and use you unload with out it you losing more because then your gaining +.1 on your unload so in the end its really just better to do 5/31/5 and it also gives you one less proc to worry about.

See you on the passer excited to see our passer difference.

exiliox
03.29.2013 , 05:59 PM | #3
Can't wait for the update to your guide. Mercs could use some love and I hope 2.0 brings it. Personally I would like to see a viable healing/DPS hybrid..but I guess that just being selfish.

Aerro
03.29.2013 , 07:24 PM | #4
The guide was for 1.3 but the header was changed to 1.5 before I actually changed it. On paper, the spec listed yields the highest results, but again, that is on paper. I've tried out both specs in raid environments and the difference is minimal but the spec in the guide did provide the highest dps increase (~2300) on NiM Tanks.
Arsenal DPS Guide

Koyaanisqat
03.30.2013 , 07:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by exiliox View Post
Can't wait for the update to your guide. Mercs could use some love and I hope 2.0 brings it. Personally I would like to see a viable healing/DPS hybrid..but I guess that just being selfish.
You can't be Gandalf.

Gandalf is overpowered.

No tankmaging.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

DkSharktooth
03.31.2013 , 11:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerro View Post
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Doing-It-Right

This is STRICTLY a PvE guide. As the one of the top Mercs in Chosen, I decided to put my knowledge and background in writing for those seeking questions or help. Over the course of SWTORs lifespan, many new users have contributed to the thread to help it grow. With over 100,000 unique views, it quickly became the number one result when searching for a guide.

Now, all I ask is for the SWTOR community to jump in once again and help create an even better guide than previously! The Bounty Hunter community is great so lets make it even greater.

I have returned to the game looking forward to 2.0. Of course, with new content comes new updates! I will be working to get a brand new (up to date) guide posted once everything goes live.
Welcome back Aero

-DkSharktooth / Skillex
Aka "Double-Dipping Alacrity" Build.

Aerro
03.31.2013 , 05:10 PM | #7
I lol'd at "double-dipping alacrity build" :P

And thanks for the warm welcome! Hope to see you tossing ideas around once again!
Arsenal DPS Guide

Aerro
04.01.2013 , 07:55 PM | #8
The guide is MOSTLY updated now. The only thing missing is just a few stat priorities and the Best in Slot list... which will be posted together.
Arsenal DPS Guide

JimmyTheCannon
04.01.2013 , 11:35 PM | #9
The guide is MOSTLY updated now. The only thing missing is just a few stat priorities and the Best in Slot list... which will be posted together.
Just a quick note that I saw - Rail Shot isn't free anymore.

The set bonus on the endgame gear was changed (no longer reduces Rail Shot heat), and the cost reduction from the skills has changed from -8 to -6. Rail Shot costs 10 heat with that skill; even assuming the set bonus change is a mistake (since it was never in the PTS patch notes), it'll cost 2 heat.

DkSharktooth
04.02.2013 , 09:22 AM | #10
Hey Aerro, the picture showing the talent spec is still referenced as Double-Dipping Alacrity, but doesn't have one point in critical reaction.