Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi, I pre-ordered your game and spent $200, why am I waiting in a queue for 15 mins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Hi, I pre-ordered your game and spent $200, why am I waiting in a queue for 15 mins?

Agann
12.20.2011 , 06:09 PM | #11
How many more of these pointless threads are going to be posted. EA/BW knows this is an issue. They are constantly opening new servers every day, as well as raising pop caps. Its a very popular game right now thus the queue times. It's not going to go away overnight. It's only the first day for crying out loud. Give it a little time. Things will even out once the holidays are over. Kids out of school, college out for break ect... how hard is this to comprehend? Common sense will tell you that.
"So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."

MoonsLightV
12.20.2011 , 06:13 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jasri View Post
You obviously didn't play wow at launch. They had huge queues and very little server up time. Their servers were constantly crashing and when they were up they were VERY laggy. Blizzard even issued free days of game time to everyone because of all the downtime the first week or two. SWTOR's launch has actually been one of the smoothest I have seen. They have over 110 US servers in place and many of those are not full. If you choose to play on a very populated server, there will be queue times until they can adjust the population caps and maintain stability. Next time you want to rant and expect some sort of special treatment because you spent $200 maybe you should have your facts a little straighter. My props go to BioWare for a very smooth and successful launch.
You call this a smooth launch? Hundreds of people saying they didn't get product registration codes, crashes, lag, server ques, and multiple other issues does not constitute as "smooth". Even though you may not be experiencing problems there are many that are with legitimate complaints and problems.

Hoonagi
12.20.2011 , 06:14 PM | #13
i just wanna LOL at him for paying 200 dollars.

and lag? i remember trying to do Razorgore first boss in blackwing lair and watching all the dragonoids skipping 10 feet every 20 seconds with hunters and warriors trying to kite them in the oh so fun figure 8 strat.

maybe you should have played SWTOR 5 years after launch like you obviously did with WoW.

Jasri
12.20.2011 , 06:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MoonsLightV View Post
You call this a smooth launch? Hundreds of people saying they didn't get product registration codes, crashes, lag, server ques, and multiple other issues does not constitute as "smooth". Even though you may not be experiencing problems there are many that are with legitimate complaints and problems.
I absolutely call this a smooth launch. Just because some people have problems doesn;t classify it as "not smooth" Everyone has problems with every game. Even watered down 7 year old MMO's still have people that have problems logging in. Smooth refers only to the relatively smooth gameplay. Server up time. BW jumping thru hoops to DOUBLE their server capacity at launch. And the very very few bugs that seem to be in game. yes, there are bugs. there will ALWAYS be bugs. but by comparison to many many other games at launch, this one has been fantastic.