Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi, I pre-ordered your game and spent $200, why am I waiting in a queue for 15 mins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Hi, I pre-ordered your game and spent $200, why am I waiting in a queue for 15 mins?

droidmasters
12.20.2011 , 05:35 PM | #1
EA obviously didn't beta test their servers too well. I know I never got an invite LOL. Now their are servers have lag issues and queues. Really!!!! WOW never had that and I didn't spend so much money. EA figure something out (like I don't know kicking the EU players off the US servers .... just a thought ).

Jasri
12.20.2011 , 05:40 PM | #2
You obviously didn't play wow at launch. They had huge queues and very little server up time. Their servers were constantly crashing and when they were up they were VERY laggy. Blizzard even issued free days of game time to everyone because of all the downtime the first week or two. SWTOR's launch has actually been one of the smoothest I have seen. They have over 110 US servers in place and many of those are not full. If you choose to play on a very populated server, there will be queue times until they can adjust the population caps and maintain stability. Next time you want to rant and expect some sort of special treatment because you spent $200 maybe you should have your facts a little straighter. My props go to BioWare for a very smooth and successful launch.

TheWarmonger
12.20.2011 , 05:43 PM | #3
15min? Really 15 min? Look at the ques on some of the other servers compared to that. Ive already been waiting for 45 min. and thats short compared to what it was during the last week. It can't be fixed until they allow server transfers... and where were you in WOW, i waited just as long on that game as I have here, and that wasnt even the vanilla wow launch, that was BC and WotLK

DJRiful
12.20.2011 , 05:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by droidmasters View Post
EA obviously didn't beta test their servers too well. I know I never got an invite LOL. Now their are servers have lag issues and queues. Really!!!! WOW never had that and I didn't spend so much money. EA figure something out (like I don't know kicking the EU players off the US servers .... just a thought ).
Get yourself a grief. This is not like VIP if you pay more. You play the same game like everyone else.

Eureka - Cammarata
Republic on Keller's Void Eastern Server
Cammarata Guild | Recruitment

Dreavus
12.20.2011 , 05:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by droidmasters View Post
Answer to your title: Because there are a lot of people playing this game.
Lucis:Abyssus

Pipsy_uK
12.20.2011 , 05:46 PM | #6
If they kicked EU players of US servers they would kick US players off EU servers which would put you back in the same situation, grow up.
(▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

aenau
12.20.2011 , 05:51 PM | #7
At least there is a que..When WoW launched, servers were down more than they were up..not even going to try and total up the day for day credit given the first couple of months after the game was live...

Caetie
12.20.2011 , 05:56 PM | #8
No queues may have been true when cataclysm launched, but I'm sure initial release had the same problems as every other mmo. I know Burning Crusade had queues when it was released and every mmo I've played at launch has had queues. They clear up over time. Stop being unrealistic. You're not entitled to any better for getting the CE. You already got you extra for that.

Dreavus
12.20.2011 , 05:58 PM | #9
Oh and to add: Practically the same reason you order food and have to wait.

Because it's busy. I don't see you running to Macdonalds for a refund if they don't give you your food immediately after its ordered.
Lucis:Abyssus

Kemosobe
12.20.2011 , 06:07 PM | #10
The way you fix your problem is easy, you simply do not play on a server that is over populated. I hope this reply has been helpful and I look forward to seeing you in game.
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
Curious how many would stand in the street staring down an oncoming garbage truck because they don't have DBM telling them to get out of the way.
Quote: Originally Posted by KROSSDARK View Post
Yeah I feel sorry for the devs. The new breed of gamers are so %$$#&^%