2.0 Hoodstar Merc hybrid spec VIABLE FOR RWZ

MrGrzecka

Hi guys ive been theory crafting alot about mercs in pvp and people always complain about utility and their damage. So after testing a bunch of specs I figured one out that is going to be very strong for ranked pvp.

Introducing the Hoodstar hybrid : http://pts.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree-calculator/mercenary/229/?build=002320121211003200100000000000000203023002100000000000000000000003200320011000000000000000000000&ver=20

I played alot of ranked on the pts with this spec and I was topping dmg or close and getting 2nd-3rd heals. You run combat support cylinder for offheals with rapid shots and you get 30 stacks of overcharged gas to burst dps /heal somebody you also pick up kolto shell for awesome utilty and heals you get trace missile and IM missile for burst damage. This spec you would play similar to a Lethality Sniper you would load target up with dots in this builds case (IM Missile Explosive Dart, Tracermissile, unload and if you have 30 stacks of overcharged gas power shot this target will die only class that will survive this is Marauders undying rage and sorc OP BUBBLE. And also its like having 3 healers but 10000x better sense you have great damage and amazing heals.

Utility

Afterburners root with rocket punch and longer knock back with jetboost this is what merc healers need! and they get it with this spec.

IM Missile for loading targets up and putting it on tanks also great peels.

Kolto Shell- Excellent healing shield it works great to put on melee or you're self/healers.

Over charged gas- AMAZING HEALS AND DAMAGE.

In this spec you have the freedom to switch between cylinders and with 2% alacrity talent you have the benefit of juke casting alot more.

Also this spec is excellent for 1v1

USE THIS HYBRID BEFORE IT GETS NERFED HAVE FUN KIDS CREDIT THE HOODSTAR HYBRID.

Edited by MrGrzecka

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obvious troll post just based on this sentence alone:

In this spec you have the freedom to switch between cylinders and with 2% alacrity talent you have the benefit of juke casting alot more.

You're going to overheat within 5 seconds. Your heals will be weak and ineffective. Incendiary Missile and Rapid Shots are NOT burst damage. Incendiary Missile is so poor and heat-inefficient that its viability is situational even as full Pyro spec (you are wasting 12 points for it).

Edited by Jenzali

Ummmm

Got some videos of you using this spec in a ranked situation cause on paper it kinda sucks. I mean right now you seem like you're all over the place. I mean why take Tracer Missile at all? Charged Bolts is the one that SCG makes cheaper and it builds your charged barrier just as well as TM. Why take superheated gas or sweltering heat if you're gong to be using Combat Support Cylinder? IM isn't exactly a big burst ability so I'm assuming you're taking it to free up railshot but then that would be the only reason to take TM so I'm not sure I understand.

I dunno dude, I don't see this being viable at ALL in ranked.

Ummmm

Got some videos of you using this spec in a ranked situation cause on paper it kinda sucks. I mean right now you seem like you're all over the place. I mean why take Tracer Missile at all? Charged Bolts is the one that SCG makes cheaper and it builds your charged barrier just as well as TM. Why take superheated gas or sweltering heat if you're gong to be using Combat Support Cylinder? IM isn't exactly a big burst ability so I'm assuming you're taking it to free up railshot but then that would be the only reason to take TM so I'm not sure I understand.

I dunno dude, I don't see this being viable at ALL in ranked.

You spec into 2% alacrity to switch stances when you need to. Sadly I didnt film any of my ranked but i thats why you cc them till you have heat back up.

Obvious troll post just based on this sentence alone:

You're going to overheat within 5 seconds. Your heals will be weak and ineffective. Incendiary Missile and Rapid Shots are NOT burst damage. Incendiary Missile is so poor and heat-inefficient that its viability is situational even as full Pyro spec (you are wasting 12 points for it).

You cc them when your heat is full and wait for it to dump..

Nah you havent im just saying this spec is really tanky and has good dmg. If pts was up id duel you

lulz, don't lose that sense of humor and best of luck getting on a rated team I hear they like having BH's that overheat within the first 30 seconds of a warzone.

I'm going to ignore all the other craziness going on in this build but if you are running CSC why on Earth would you not take Gyroscopic Alignment Jets? The other 2 Talents in that tier are useless without CGC.

I don't even want to hear you can switch cells because 1.5 sec cast time so you can even begin DPS/healing is not even viable in regs. Good luck if someone interrupts you.

You spec into 2% alacrity to switch stances when you need to. Sadly I didnt film any of my ranked but i thats why you cc them till you have heat back up.

Hmmm are you sure alacrity works with stance switching? Tech Override certainly doesn't. 4s of CC is not gonna regen your heat that much, and it also doesn't explain why you took the pyro talents you did instead of speccing into something that actually vents heat when you're CCd in any way.

I have to agree with Cycao. I think we're being trolled here.

I cant see how a good deception assassin could loose to this build. You have less healing than a healer and less dps than a dps.

Merc healer is already not very good and dps merc is very weak.

I know some epic merc healers. yes they are good,they heal well and there is also some good merc dps. but the build your showcasing have less of everything on a class already very low on everything. On top of that,you have to switch your cylinder.

Duel a good deception assassin and come back after lol. The only thing you have in this build is energy shield for the extra self heal and to avoid interupt. You have electro net too...just like every mercs. The only time your a treath is when your shield is up but...stun cough cough stun cough.

If you want to change my mind I'll need some RAW videos of you in NWZs and RWZ.

imo, if you can top the stats in a RWZ with this build its only because the other team is not bothering attacking you especialy when you run a build unable to fully dps or fully heal. OR you dps is weak so it take a lot of time to kill a target so your dps increase on the scoreboard.

I hope this build is really good. If it works it might lower the amount of snipers on every server. But I need some videos.

I cant see how a good deception assassin could loose to this build. You have less healing than a healer and less dps than a dps.

Merc healer is already not very good and dps merc is very weak.

I know some epic merc healers. yes they are good,they heal well and there is also some good merc dps. but the build your showcasing have less of everything on a class already very low on everything. On top of that,you have to switch your cylinder.

Duel a good deception assassin and come back after lol. The only thing you have in this build is energy shield for the extra self heal and to avoid interupt. You have electro net too...just like every mercs. The only time your a treath is when your shield is up but...stun cough cough stun cough.

If you want to change my mind I'll need some RAW videos of you in NWZs and RWZ.

imo, if you can top the stats in a RWZ with this build its only because the other team is not bothering attacking you especialy when you run a build unable to fully dps or fully heal. OR you dps is weak so it take a lot of time to kill a target so your dps increase on the scoreboard.

I hope this build is really good. If it works it might lower the amount of snipers on every server. But I need some videos.

I don't think a good anything could lose to this build.

I don't think a good anything could lose to this build.

Yeah lol but I was talking about the assassin because he said the best 1v1 class(still the best in 2.0 imo) was the easiest to 1v1 with this build lol. But ya it might be hard for a good player to loose vs this build