Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

ceeines
08.21.2013 , 08:42 PM | #821
Quote: Originally Posted by THoK-Zeus View Post
Had a good laugh at all your statements. Nevertheless i will answer them seriously.

The click relics were designed for thrash, they provide far better defensive stats over a short amount of time.

If you don't believe the spreadsheets, count it yourself. It's not a solution to just say "i don't believe you". Try to get into the topic yourself and count all the things yourself. But when you say: i don't have any Information about optimal migation budget and i don't believe any Information about optimal migation budget. I ask you: Why do you post in this forum then?

If you seriously think 4 dps relics will give you 30 sec less fight (about 360k dmg for a normal 72 group) you are just crazy. If you are correct i will do 180k additional damage (about 429 additional dps for lets say dg nim) with just these 2 relics (i hope you weren't serious).
And also what do you want to tell me with the paragraph, that it's nonsense to optimize your gear (why did you tell him he shall have 4 different uw tanking relics before?), or that tanking is too simple.

But yeah let's try this: whenever we die we now blame healers/dps cause it's impossible that we died from taking too much dmg it was their mistakes....
Hmm yes I was kidding about the dps relics and really I believe in one proc type and one clickable but I do appreciate your input. Thank you for the discussion

kennethdale
08.21.2013 , 09:14 PM | #822
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
sounds like a stim
I am an idiot and you are indeed correct. I never before noticed the 63 defense rating on the fort stim. Thanks!
55 Mercenary { Drekevac } rDPS || 55 Marauder { Kryu } mDPS
55 Sorcerer { Jahaerys } Heal
55 Juggernaut { Caryu } Tank || 55 Assassin { Vellys } Tank

InsaneBase
08.24.2013 , 02:23 PM | #823
Just chiming in before I might not be able to anymore (undecided as of yet) to give a big thanks to KBN, dipstick, Kitru and the tanking community as a whole for giving all of your insights on tanking, helped me a lot to become a better tank.

HBCentaurion
08.26.2013 , 08:13 AM | #824
I read till page 50 before my brain melted down

My question is: what is the optimal stat distrubution for TfB NiM for a jugg tank?

Marb
08.26.2013 , 10:02 AM | #825
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
I read till page 50 before my brain melted down

My question is: what is the optimal stat distrubution for TfB NiM for a jugg tank?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645948 Bottom of first post, done with HM TFB data. Not sure if there is NiM data yet but odds are that it's very similar.
Harbinger

Wanchope
09.06.2013 , 01:53 PM | #826
Question: How does one calculate the stat value of the proc relics for my guardian tank?

In other words: I'm finally getting the token for the new fortunate redoubt relic where you get 550 bonus to defense for 6 seconds every 20 seconds. I currently have one of the old PVP (I think) relics with a static 120 defense. To keep following the advice from the OP, how do I calculate the stat value of this new relic? Is it really better then the static 120 defense relic I currently have? I'm struggling to see how but I'm probably missing something.

edit to add: What I am really looking for is the stat weight to throw into my calculations for ideal mitigation stats. Obviously a static 120 defense = 120 defense points. But what does the proc one =? 32 + ?.

MGNMTTRN
09.06.2013 , 03:39 PM | #827
Quote: Originally Posted by Wanchope View Post
Question: How does one calculate the stat value of the proc relics for my guardian tank?

In other words: I'm finally getting the token for the new fortunate redoubt relic where you get 550 bonus to defense for 6 seconds every 20 seconds. I currently have one of the old PVP (I think) relics with a static 120 defense. To keep following the advice from the OP, how do I calculate the stat value of this new relic? Is it really better then the static 120 defense relic I currently have? I'm struggling to see how but I'm probably missing something.

edit to add: What I am really looking for is the stat weight to throw into my calculations for ideal mitigation stats. Obviously a static 120 defense = 120 defense points. But what does the proc one =? 32 + ?.
To answer the question you asked: you'd get 120 def for 100% of 20 sec with the PVP relic. Assuming perfect activation with the def proc relic, you'd get 32 def for 70% of 20 sec as well as 582 def for 30% of 20 sec. That's an average of 197 def/sec.

Two problems with this. 1) You definitely won't ever get perfect activation of the relic, you'll have to downweight the uptime of the defensive proc from 30% to something like 20% or whatnot. How much you downweight it depends upon your strategy. 2) All we looked at in this post was the rating. Since 550 def pushes you deeper into diminishing returns on the defense stat, 550 def for 6 sec of 20 sec is on average worse than 197 actual def/sec.

Wanchope
09.07.2013 , 09:45 PM | #828
Quote: Originally Posted by MGNMTTRN View Post
To answer the question you asked: you'd get 120 def for 100% of 20 sec with the PVP relic. Assuming perfect activation with the def proc relic, you'd get 32 def for 70% of 20 sec as well as 582 def for 30% of 20 sec. That's an average of 197 def/sec.
Wouldn't it be 32 def for 100% of 20 since its a static buff? After that it makes sense. And I hear ya about it not being perfect. Bottom line for me is that it seems to give better 'overall' mitigation than the PVP one even with some pretty bad RNG.

Razzberry
09.07.2013 , 11:28 PM | #829
It's accounted for:
32 for 70% of the time
582 (550 from proc + 32 static) the other 30% of the time.

Wanchope
09.08.2013 , 02:57 PM | #830
Ok, thanks. Been a long time since I took or really used math.

:-)

So for calculating my total stat budget, I should use something like 180? Its the one part of this that is annoying. I can easily see how much defense I have right now by just rolling over the line in my character slot. But with a proc thing like this what I see isn't very reflective of the true value. Still 180 is a lot better then 120.