Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Ideal Tank Stat Distribution

AAAAzrael
07.13.2013 , 07:59 AM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by IsapientiaI View Post
i'm curious:
is there a need to re-roll numbers for NiM?
I think KBN posted recently that he is working on damage ratios for NiM and he will do it at some point.

ceeines
07.17.2013 , 09:02 PM | #742
some numbers I went over makes the EWR equal to having a healing proc relic. It seems from my observation a lot times it procs is either wasted from over heals or a tick before you actually take any dmg. In addition to the posts about spiky dmg the higher your shield and absorb the less spikeness your assassin tank will be. Healers general like less spikey dmg so it maybe better to look at lowering your total dmg reduction to reduce skewness to the distribution of dmg. My assassin tank personally has 2379 rating 475 defense rating 1009 shield and 895 defense.

ceeines
07.17.2013 , 09:04 PM | #743
that was actually 895 absorb sorry for the mis-type its late and had a few glasses of wine

Magsel
07.18.2013 , 03:40 AM | #744
Can you tell me what EWR is please?

Leafy_Bug
07.18.2013 , 03:44 AM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by ceeines View Post
that was actually 895 absorb sorry for the mis-type its late and had a few glasses of wine
I have started to drop defence as well in favour of shield and absorb. I am using the shield ewh to boost my rating.

DarthSpekulatius
07.18.2013 , 03:47 AM | #746
Quote: Originally Posted by Magsel View Post
Can you tell me what EWR is please?
Elite War Hero
(the old PVP relics)

dipstik
07.18.2013 , 10:41 AM | #747
using excel solver to determine the stat distribution which minimizes spikeiness, i found for guardians and shadows that a very heavy weight on shield with a little absorb (100 to 300), with no defense. for vanguards they want all shield no absorb... these are all without considering gear.

with gear you will most likey go full shield augments and absorb mods for minimum spike,

you will take around 150 more damage per second (assuming 4500 dps incoming) for shadows. 200 more for guardians and 150 more for vanguards. those are also without considering gear constraints.

Kitru
07.18.2013 , 11:07 AM | #748
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
using excel solver to determine the stat distribution which minimizes spikeiness, i found for guardians and shadows that a very heavy weight on shield with a little absorb (100 to 300), with no defense. for vanguards they want all shield no absorb... these are all without considering gear.
That is pretty obvious, honestly. The only mitigation stat that reliably reduces spikiness is Shield rating: Defense is too variable and Absorb simply increases the value of Shield from a mean mitigation standpoint. Shield actually decreases your chances of getting a normal hit through without creating massive vacillations in incoming damage like Defense does.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Leafy_Bug
07.18.2013 , 11:09 AM | #749
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post

with gear you will most likey go full shield augments and absorb mods for minimum spike,

you will take around 150 more damage per second (assuming 4500 dps incoming) for shadows. 200 more for guardians and 150 more for vanguards. those are also without considering gear constraints.

I am augmented full absorb and this will mean that i drop my absorb by (14*32 = 448). So I end up with this :

1. Absorb : 1005-448 = 557
2. Shield ends up : 875+448 = 1323

^^ These are KBN's values. My shield is way higher as default as I have already dropped some defence. Because I have close to 970 shield, I will end up with : 1418 shield rating.

I would like to see some parses before I make this commitment to change my tank. My absorb rating will be very low and while my shield chance will be in the 60%+ with KW, when the KW will drop, I will still not end up with a relevant shield chance to make use of the under 30% absorb rating I will have.

Berjiz
07.18.2013 , 03:50 PM | #750
I'm thinking about switching to more shield to but would be interesting see some parses if anyone has already tried it before I commit to it completly.