Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stat Distribution in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Ideal Tank Stat Distribution in 2.0

dipstik
04.26.2013 , 10:54 AM | #321
i did not use the shield = {0.4..0.6}*N assumption, due to the request of grailmate. and the reason defense is so good is because they nerfed shield and absorb equations REALLY HARD, because defense was useless after they made force/tech kinetic/energy shieldable.

CFeuer
04.27.2013 , 12:01 AM | #322
Ok, to help those of us who do not know the whole mathematical equations you guys are useing to decide on stat set up (myself being one of them) can we please make it nice and simple...

Pre 2.0 I believe the idea ratio for def/shield/absorb was 30/40(60 with KW)/50

Post 2.0, what is the ratio that we, Sin/Shadow tanks should be aiming for? Please don't come at me with big long numbers, keep it simple as Def/Shield/Absorb.

tbmlegend
04.27.2013 , 12:41 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by CFeuer View Post
Post 2.0, what is the ratio that we, Sin/Shadow tanks should be aiming for? Please don't come at me with big long numbers, keep it simple as Def/Shield/Absorb.
Sorry, but there is no simple general ratio! You have to determine your stat budget (defense + shield + absorb / only the numbers on the mouse over matter) and then look up in the table in the first post/the attached graph. [Please correct me if I'm wrong (and because I'm no native speaker).]

It took me a while to work myself through the numbers but now I'm playing with a matching distribution and I am really happy and it's working as intended. So thanks a lot for this math magic!
Renegade, Renegade
Committed the ultimate sin
Renegade, Renegade
This time the prowler will win

dipstik
04.27.2013 , 12:53 AM | #324
25/50/65 aint bad

CFeuer
04.27.2013 , 12:55 AM | #325
That just brings up one more question though... why was it so simple pre-2.0 and so difficult POST-2.0? I can't imagine how things could change so much with a single patch that would make it so... difficult to figure out.

CFeuer
04.27.2013 , 12:56 AM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
25/50/65 aint bad
So... Go more Absorb then Shield chance? I thought I read somewhere that the changes in the patch made absorb less relevant then before...?

steave
04.27.2013 , 01:10 AM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by CFeuer View Post
That just brings up one more question though... why was it so simple pre-2.0 and so difficult POST-2.0? I can't imagine how things could change so much with a single patch that would make it so... difficult to figure out.
It wasn't. People giving out numbers like that where doing it wrong before 2.0 too.

There really is no complicated math here though. Check what your ratings are, which the game will tell you, and then add them together and the math is done. After that, find the row closest to the total you got and distribute your points between the stats as described there.

tbmlegend
04.27.2013 , 04:16 AM | #328
CFeuer I've sent you a private message, if you want to talk about in German.
Renegade, Renegade
Committed the ultimate sin
Renegade, Renegade
This time the prowler will win

Hockaday
04.27.2013 , 05:19 AM | #329
So, just wondering, has anyone spent the time (and money) to compare Dipstik's numbers vs KBN's Numbers? In real world experience / numbers. Maybe a healers perspective as well.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Nuckman
04.27.2013 , 06:05 AM | #330
right now i am at 2103 and i do not see how it is possible to have only 134 points in absorb.

D/S/A
641/708/754 all augments are absorb, so even if i change those to def
1033/708/362

That chart by the OP makes zero sense why start at 0 and go to 5000

Simple math shows including augments we get 2432 points from the underworld set for juggernauts to distribute between d/s/a.

from looking at the underworld set for juggernaut tanks

We need 1 of each piece, that gets us 5 mods with def and 4 mods with absorb the ear is shield and absorb and the implants are shield and def. Two of the enhancements are just plain ****** with acc or alac on them. the boots have shield and absorb while everything else is shield and defense. My first thought is to replace all of the enhancements with the shield and absorb enhancement from the boots. And with a full set of absorb augments should get us close to 28/40/40. That 28 in def is also counting retaliation and a def proc relic but not counting a shield/absorb on use relic. Or do I have this completely wrong?