Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Tank Stat Distribution in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Ideal Tank Stat Distribution in 2.0

cs_zoltan
12.07.2013 , 09:36 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I still need to take the 2.5 relic changes into account, as the current OP does not consider them. Practically speaking, this will have a fairly small effect on ideal itemization. BiS relics will be the Fortunate Redoubt and the Shield Amplification (for all tanks), which means that the absorb minima will rise across the board. We will need to adjust the limiting functions to account for this change. Help me, elidon, you're my only hope!
Glad to hear things are working better now! BiS relics in 2.5 are still the Reactive Warding and the Fortunate Redoubt.
I'm confused, what now?
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja || Kejann || Snsa || Kyr Meirend || Myr || Kte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

KeyboardNinja
12.08.2013 , 04:07 AM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
I'm confused, what now?
The information in the OP is outdated with respect to relics, but I haven't had a chance to update it as I have been traveling abroad. BiS relics in 2.5 appear to be the same as they were in 2.4, based on dipstik's calculations.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

cs_zoltan
12.08.2013 , 08:23 AM | #1063
The information in the OP is outdated with respect to relics, but I haven't had a chance to update it as I have been traveling abroad. BiS relics in 2.5 appear to be the same as they were in 2.4, based on dipstik's calculations.
Well that sucks, I just made our tank get SA relic this week based on this thread instead of the RW :/
Not sure if I should never tell him or make him open a refund ticket
Medin

tXHereticXt
12.08.2013 , 12:52 PM | #1064
I'm not feeling the warding relic. Though at some point there's going to be no choice when 740 Shield Abs pts are no longer counting near as much as they should. It's just 13-15dmg in a five minute fight where there's over 100k, if not more, worth total....

KeyboardNinja
12.08.2013 , 09:13 PM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Well that sucks, I just made our tank get SA relic this week based on this thread instead of the RW :/
Not sure if I should never tell him or make him open a refund ticket
Sorry about that. :-( I feel really bad, though in fairness I did think that the SA as BiS was a settled matter when I posted. The dangers of posting gear advice on an ongoing basis.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Consular_Bob
12.09.2013 , 01:08 AM | #1066
This is a great post and thanks very much.

I would like to ask 1 question though.......Not all of us can afford to have 2 sets of armour or continue to remove mods/enhancements or augments for different fights. I run a PT Tank and if possible, what would be a good average set up for DF/DP in terms of stat distribution?

Many thanks for your help

KeyboardNinja
12.09.2013 , 01:20 AM | #1067
Quote: Originally Posted by Consular_Bob View Post

I would like to ask 1 question though.......Not all of us can afford to have 2 sets of armour or continue to remove mods/enhancements or augments for different fights. I run a PT Tank and if possible, what would be a good average set up for DF/DP in terms of stat distribution?

Use the Average profile in the OP. You'll be a bit suboptimal for every fight individually, but it's not by a lot and definitely cheaper than carrying around multiple armor sets.

Consular_Bob
12.09.2013 , 01:29 AM | #1068
OK, so with an average then of 832/1062/729, and my stats being 869/981/787 just take out 1 augment of def and abs and put into shield should be about right for average distribution?

cs_zoltan
12.09.2013 , 10:24 AM | #1069
Quote: Originally Posted by Consular_Bob View Post

From a healer perspective I would gear for DP. DF is easy, only Nefra and Corruptor are non-trivial healing-wise.

Sorry about that. :-( I feel really bad, though in fairness I did think that the SA as BiS was a settled matter when I posted. The dangers of posting gear advice on an ongoing basis.
Is there a big difference between RW and SA? Idk if should tell him to make a ticket or it's not a big deal and keep SA
Medin

dipstik
12.09.2013 , 11:46 AM | #1070
they are really close to eachother. if it wasnt fopr the static defense the SA relic would be better for vanguards and shadows for snv type weights.