Lvl 50 and 55 operations

So clarify for me. From what I heard sofar in 2.0:

- EV/KP/EC are for lvl 50 (SM and HM? No NiM?)

- TfB/SV are for lvl 55 (all modes I guess?)

And if you have reached lvl 55, can you still access lvl 50 operations like you can still access lowbie fps?

It's unclear wheather or not SM/HM TfB will be 55... It was the case on the PTS, but it's been mentioned multiple times Nightmare TfB was level 55, which is quite different.

As for the level 50 ops, they'll be available just like lower level FPs, but on the PTS it was impossible to get there using the groupfinder at level 55.

It's unclear wheather or not SM/HM TfB will be 55... It was the case on the PTS, but it's been mentioned multiple times Nightmare TfB was level 55, which is quite different.

As for the level 50 ops, they'll be available just like lower level FPs, but on the PTS it was impossible to get there using the groupfinder at level 55.

It's been stated several times that TFB is being retuned to level 55, including in the PTS patch notes. Also, the loot tables would be incomplete without the op being retuned.

It's been stated several times that TFB is being retuned to level 55, including in the PTS patch notes. Also, the loot tables would be incomplete without the op being retuned.

Remember RotHC is supposed to be an expansion...

How does removing content and calling reintroducing it an expansion could be considered serious?

2.0/RotHC isn't clear at all at the moment, and if it's indeed 5 more levels required to have your secondary skills again (when your spec isn't simply ruined), gear (including crafting of said gear) becoming obsolete for no real reason and new content which is old content you now have to pay to access, it's going to be fun to see how that goes.

Edited by JMCH

How does removing content and calling reintroducing it an expansion could be considered serious?

2.0/RotHC isn't clear at all at the moment, and if it's indeed 5 more levels required to have your secondary skills again (when your spec isn't simply ruined), gear (including crafting of said gear) becoming obsolete for no real reason and new content which is old content you now have to pay to access, it's going to be fun to see how that goes.

There is new content in RotHC: SM/HM S+V and the new Makeb instance/lockout World Boss, in addition to 4 HM FPs (rehashed, but each has a new bonus boss). 2.0 is very clear right now...lol, we learned a lot on PTS and we've been given all the info from Makeb and the side questlines in the past few days. Not sure what you mean by secondary skills, but if you're referring to spec, most trees you'll be able to run a similar spec and then grab the new talents as you level. If you used the 31 point ability, you can either wait til 55 or you can reallocate a few more points immediately to get it. If you're talking about secondary stats, those will be low at 50 and at 55; it's done that way so there is room to grow. It should be a good change, though, because there will be choice involved, it won't simply be DR'ing all important stats. The reason gear is becoming obsolete is because gamers enjoy the ability to improve their gear, and it's important to start people from scratch every once in a while.

A quick note about TFB: so far as I know, NiM TFB will not be release for at least a month after 2.0. SM TFB matches the difficulty of SM SV, and then the same with the hardmodes. Even though it's old content, TFB is still fresher than EC, and it's good to have a little variety to choose from to gear out.

If you used the 31 point ability, you can either wait til 55 or you can reallocate a few more points immediately to get it.

You just proved my point... this is NOT an expansion if something in it is mandatory to keep previously freely available content/specs/whatever.

I know there are some new things, hopefully there are... are they worth all the trouble, though?

Edited by JMCH

You just proved my point... this is NOT an expansion if something in it is mandatory to keep previously freely available content/specs/whatever.

I know there are some new things, hopefully there are... are they worth all the trouble, though?

Game expansions, by nature, revamp certain systems of the game. Many of the talent trees in SWTOR are drastically changing in 2.0, so saying that things are mandatory is naive. The great thing is that nothing is mandatory...build your spec how you want to build it from the ground up. A quick comment about specs: yes they have done away with many hybrid specs, but they've also moved many decent abilities down in the trees. The reality is that spec-wise 2.0 should not be looked at as a small change from 1.7...it's completely different.

What you have to realize is that games that allow players to just sit around with all the great purples they've worked so hard for get boring. Having all your purples 'taken away' from you is a great way to kick players in the butt and get them out into the content. Sure, some players will QQ and might quit the game, but I call that trimming the fat.

They said it would be re-balanced for 55, not that 55 would be required to enter the operation in SM or HM.

Someone in full augmented dread guard could probably clear at least the new TFB SM at 50, and if I recall the TFB weeklies were eligible for a level 50.

From the patch notes:

Terror From Beyond

Terror From Beyond is now available in Group Finder at level 55.

The Imperial and Republic Terror From Beyond missions are now level 55. Players are still eligible for these missions at level 50.

All difficulty modes have been rebalanced to provide proper challenge and reward to level 55 players.

What I think is that you are expected to be 55 for the op but you are not forced to, and you require a premade group before 55 as it's not in group finder.

Obviously nightmare is going to be and is advertised as 55's only, but there's no indication that SM/HM are level locked.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

if you spend 36 points in your tree to get that top ability, then you will have to sacrafice some of the points you used on preipheral points, which are typically just icing on the cake. you will be getting 5 more points in that tree that you did not have before, which are typically better than perepheral points spent in other trees, since you are getting 5 (new?) points for 30-35.

So you would rather have 1, and a half ops at 55? Im glad they're retuning it. It'll be fun to run it after it gets harder. Plus it gives 55s more to do than just S&V and TFB NiM. You would probably be complaining about lack of. ops at 55.

So you would rather have 1, and a half ops at 55? Im glad they're retuning it. It'll be fun to run it after it gets harder. Plus it gives 55s more to do than just S&V and TFB NiM. You would probably be complaining about lack of. ops at 55.

2 posts above yours is where it is unclear.

I should add 55 SM TfB wasn't any harder than 50 SM TfB on live, even substantially easier considering how I pugged it... and boring. I don't know how it's been rebalanced, but players/mobs DPS/HP/HPS clearly didn't scale properly.

Edited by JMCH

2 posts above yours is where it is unclear.

I should add 55 SM TfB wasn't any harder than 50 SM TfB on live, even substantially easier considering how I pugged it... and boring. I don't know how it's been rebalanced, but players/mobs DPS/HP/HPS clearly didn't scale properly.

Yeah. I ran into the same thing.

4 of the players in our group were brand-new to the game, had copied their lower-level toon over to the PTS and insta-dinged to 55. They had a toolbar full of abilities they didn't know how to use and had to be given instructions on the most basic of things.

And yet, we were able to get most of the way through SM TfB.