Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Overload/Force Wave

JSunrider
03.28.2013 , 11:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
How about when the tank is the one doing it? We've come across the same sin tank twice now in FPs who loves to push his enemies.... usually while we're aoeing.
Sometimes he charges up and leads with a push :P
We tried explaining...
We tried telling him "dude don't do that! "
He stopped for a bit then restarted.
So we gave up and decided to laugh about it each time he did it.
Lol yeah I was running D7 with a sin who kept leading with his knockback. It was really weird. Not enough to ask him to stop, but damn...don't you like being able to toss Discharge and Wither on everyone?

SWGEvictee
03.28.2013 , 11:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyssandra View Post
How about when the tank is the one doing it? We've come across the same sin tank twice now in FPs who loves to push his enemies.... usually while we're aoeing.
Sometimes he charges up and leads with a push :P
We tried explaining...
We tried telling him "dude don't do that! "
He stopped for a bit then restarted.
So we gave up and decided to laugh about it each time he did it.
I can understand the frustration. The only time I use my knock back is to clear a target from a near by CC, over a cliff, or if a nasty cast is counting down and no one has any other interrupt available.

dipstik
03.28.2013 , 11:45 AM | #13
or when the tank uses it to generate threat...

steave
03.28.2013 , 11:53 AM | #14
I actually did use it for aoe a few times on my shadow while really low level, but only as an emergency backup, like for example in Athiss I tank next to the door that the adds spawn from, and due to old habits, I sometimes used breach for threat and accuracy debuff on the boss before the adds spawned, so when they did breach was still on cd - a quick force wave right as they became targetable and before anyone had time to place aoe's ensured aggro on them until breach became available again, without messing with anyones damage since they where back right on top of me in no time anyway.
Using it as a primary ability rather than backup for anything but knocking things off edges, interrupting casts and/or positioning when needed though? Yeah, that's stupid.

JimmyTheCannon
03.28.2013 , 02:04 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
Cant say i hate the ability since i use it aas a tank to group them up sometimes ( depends on mobs position ), but hate it indeed when dps starts doing it it fcks up dps aoe and mine aswell wither etc...
I've seen some great Sin tanks use it for that, to knock the one or two guys off to the side into the rest of the group. Love those guys.

Then there's that group I was doing a Heroic 4 with on my Vanguard tank that had a Shadow and a Sage and they were doing it on every single damned group even after I asked them to stop.

Mistress_Ivi
03.28.2013 , 02:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I'm guessing you haven't heard that in 2.0, Force Wave does healing.

So in that pug, that healer might just bounce those adds away from you and claim "but I'm healing ..."
Wait wait wait... when did that happen?
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

gtangtan
03.28.2013 , 02:10 PM | #17
Since they wanna control how the mobs move and diminish my ability to tank, i just stealth out and let them handle it.
Blading-Wind --- Leria --- Racing-rain---Beksers --- Cyanic-Scorch --- Crimson-Torch Asylum - The Harbinger
Blading-thunder --- Rulia --- Cloaked-Dagger

iEuthanasia
03.28.2013 , 02:20 PM | #18
I should add an addendum.

When it's used constructively, I don't mind it. Pushing mobs off and repositioning isn't my major gripe. It's more to do with after the CC's are out, the kill order is set and so on.

That said, as the tank I would much rather you leave the repositioning to me. If there's a mob to be knocked off, I'll usually pull it to a ledge and knock it off on myself with the Sin or make it known ahead of time on my PT if someone else in the group has a KB.

Repositioning, to prevent AoE damage to mobs is kind of different. Most times, I'll use pull at the start of a fight on the mob that is going to be CC'd so it will be away and I'll have initial aggro. Or if there are multiple mobs that need CC'd and I have faith in the healer to keep me alive, I'll forgo the CC and just face tank everything. This is usually when someone wants to be a hero and AoE KB stuff off me.

JimmyTheCannon
03.28.2013 , 02:24 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistress_Ivi View Post
Wait wait wait... when did that happen?
It's a talent in the healing tree. Merc knockback can be talented the same way.

Master-Nala
03.28.2013 , 02:25 PM | #20
It could be worse. Back in my City of Heroes days, we had powers that required NPCs to be clumped up around you, and folks would knock them away.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link