Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I Hate Overload/Force Wave

iEuthanasia
03.28.2013 , 03:46 AM | #1
Seriously.

No other single ability in this game makes me want to kick someone out of a group faster.

I play a Sin tank and a PT tank on the Imp side. Having mobs grouped up in tight little balls benefits me greatly. I enjoy being able to hit everything all at once and allow my group mates to AoE til their heart is content. And that's usually when the Sin/Sorc DPS/Healer decides that using Overload for it's "good damage" is worth sacrificing the Snipers/Ops Orbital Strike or PT/Mercs Death from Above.

Transversely, I play a Sage TK DPS and a Sent Force Sweep machine. I enjoy being able to utilize some of my best DPS on multiple mobs in tightly packed bunches.

I really wish they would remove the damage from this ability so people would stop using the ability as anything more than a knockback.

/endrant

Khevar
03.28.2013 , 04:02 AM | #2
I'm guessing you haven't heard that in 2.0, Force Wave does healing.

So in that pug, that healer might just bounce those adds away from you and claim "but I'm healing ..."

iEuthanasia
03.28.2013 , 04:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

So in that pug, that healer might just bounce those adds away from you and claim "but I'm healing ..."
I had not heard that.

FML.

SWGEvictee
03.28.2013 , 07:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by iEuthanasia View Post
Seriously.
No other single ability in this game makes me want to kick someone out of a group faster.

I play a Sin tank and a PT tank on the Imp side. Having mobs grouped up in tight little balls benefits me greatly. I enjoy being able to hit everything all at once and allow my group mates to AoE til their heart is content. And that's usually when the Sin/Sorc DPS/Healer decides that using Overload for it's "good damage" is worth sacrificing the Snipers/Ops Orbital Strike or PT/Mercs Death from Above.

Transversely, I play a Sage TK DPS and a Sent Force Sweep machine. I enjoy being able to utilize some of my best DPS on multiple mobs in tightly packed bunches.

I really wish they would remove the damage from this ability so people would stop using the ability as anything more than a knockback.

/endrant

I feel your pain. I hate it when push backs are used on something I'm tankin.

wetslampigduex
03.28.2013 , 07:14 AM | #5
I agree 100%. My most hated ability in the game. I too also play both the toons you play. Both of which(compared to a jug) are very easy to round up all mobs in a pull and aoe the hell out of them. What really gets me though is while PvPing as pyro go up for a DFA which ill only use maybe 3-4 a match if that. Basically only if there is 3+ people grouped and sure as sh*t every single time I go up some Sin or Sorc come out of no where and KB everyone out of my aoe.

steave
03.28.2013 , 07:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post

And so does the merc knockback.

Athena-Nike
03.28.2013 , 10:16 AM | #7
They are my fav abilities, makes running FP's a breeze tossing enemies off cliffs (especially on maps like CWG and RR), rather that then wait to burn them down with your amazing aoe.

Yes it annoying to have someone knock enemies out of your aoe attack but thats on the player not the skill

mikebevo
03.28.2013 , 10:56 AM | #8
To me it isnít the abilities that are annoying; it is the players that donít know when to use them. I would add tanks pull and sage pulls of abilities that can be annoying if the player donít know when to use them. Same thing with force leap, although watching a sage use force wave and a knight use force leap at the exact right moment is a thing of beauty. The enemy goes flying off ledge followed closely by knight.

Elyssandra
03.28.2013 , 11:03 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post

I feel your pain. I hate it when push backs are used on something I'm tankin.
How about when the tank is the one doing it? We've come across the same sin tank twice now in FPs who loves to push his enemies.... usually while we're aoeing.
Sometimes he charges up and leads with a push :P
We tried explaining...
We tried telling him "dude don't do that! "
He stopped for a bit then restarted.
So we gave up and decided to laugh about it each time he did it.

NrDLeipe
03.28.2013 , 11:16 AM | #10
Cant say i hate the ability since i use it aas a tank to group them up sometimes ( depends on mobs position ), but hate it indeed when dps starts doing it it fcks up dps aoe and mine aswell wither etc...
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds
Ref link. http://www.swtor.com/r/C88CDZ