Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harbinger potentially unofficial APAC server...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Harbinger potentially unofficial APAC server...

Rorkiy
03.28.2013 , 09:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
Whilst this may not speak for a majority, it's a sharp contrast to what we're used to in a relatively mild-mannered community where the worst you get is being called "Porky Pig" because you let slip that it's a nickname (if you're reading this man, you will never escape it).
You're dead to me.
Rorkiy - Guardian; Shiroyasha - Shadow; Rorkiys - Sentinel; Rorkies - Scoundrel
The Ecihos Legacy
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Antiskeptic
03.28.2013 , 09:35 AM | #12
I would suggest lvling a toon to 10 on each and playing some wzs and flashpoints, at least experience it for yourself, tho I wouldn't do this on a double xp weekend which is the temptation.

Double xp brings out the scary people lol.
//

Jinsali
03.28.2013 , 01:18 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Knockerz View Post
Instability only happens during prime time, which won't affect aussies. I play usually around 1am-6am pst, which is around the same prime time as aussies and there isn't any problem for this time interval.
But when they move most of us to Harbinger, their non-prime time becomes our primetime + their offpeak. If the server cant handle their load at primetime (at login it says light load) how is it going to handle our influx.

I popped over their yesterday, as I had chars on their from 12 months ago I couldn't move off, and the community hasn't changed in that time. In fact I think it's gotten worse than what Barrens Chat used to be in WoW.

Do I have a choice, yes either unsub, or move to another server. I have to wait to get together with my real life guild mates when they come over this weekend to discuss which server we'll be moving to.

Khaosfyre
03.28.2013 , 02:27 PM | #14
We'll be moving back to Harbinger. Pity we all lose our identities.
______ ______

Khaosfyre APAC PVP/PVE Guild

<Midian>

elitenz
03.28.2013 , 04:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaosfyre View Post
We'll be moving back to Harbinger. Pity we all lose our identities.
yeah real shame lots of us will get this issue.

Ren_simp
03.28.2013 , 05:46 PM | #16
I will be moving all toons from master d and dalborra to harbinger most of TA is still undecided as to which server
But I feel that if most guilds/ players from apac choose roll to harbinger this will be our best option for the long term
Looking forward to playing against players from both servers
Republic Diehard

Psychedelicvomit
03.28.2013 , 06:09 PM | #17
For all looking to the future, its better for everyone to stick together.

The harbinger is now the unofficial apac server as BW has said it will eventually move everyone who didn't volunteer there. Also, returning players who did not know about the move will all be moved there if they re-log in after the merger.

The minority who moved to other servers will find their population dwindle eventually as people naturally go play other games after a while, or have other real life commitments to attend to (kids, work , studies etc). Eventually there will be less and less people to raid with and recruitment will be ineffective as new apac players will always move to the server with the perceived higher apac population community (which is harbinger).

If all you do is flashpoints and pvp then it doesnt matter where you move, you'll always be able to find a grp. But if you want to raid with others in a similar timezone (ie apac), all should stick together and move to harbinger. You'll also be able to preserve your communities at the time that you normally play at.

jwalsham
03.28.2013 , 06:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychedelicvomit View Post
For all looking to the future, its better for everyone to stick together.

The harbinger is now the unofficial apac server as BW has said it will eventually move everyone who didn't volunteer there. Also, returning players who did not know about the move will all be moved there if they re-log in after the merger.

The minority who moved to other servers will find their population dwindle eventually as people naturally go play other games after a while, or have other real life commitments to attend to (kids, work , studies etc). Eventually there will be less and less people to raid with and recruitment will be ineffective as new apac players will always move to the server with the perceived higher apac population community (which is harbinger).

If all you do is flashpoints and pvp then it doesnt matter where you move, you'll always be able to find a grp. But if you want to raid with others in a similar timezone (ie apac), all should stick together and move to harbinger. You'll also be able to preserve your communities at the time that you normally play at.
Well said mate
Jwalsh - Just Relax - The Jekk Jekk Tarr/ Dalborra/ The Bastion/The Harbringer

i got the magic stick

Punchy
03.28.2013 , 08:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rorkiy View Post
You're dead to me.
I promise I will never bring it up again in a public forum... or general chat. Happy now?

Also, despite that massive post I made this morning/last night, TEHEE is probably going to the Harbinger. :O
Where's my taunt?