Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

corcode
03.29.2013 , 11:08 AM | #51
I admit I didn't take the time to read through 5 pages of responses but here are my personal top QoL requests:

Legacy option to remove the "fog of war" from maps after an area has been discovered by any character in your legacy. I would even go for a CM item to remove the "fog of war" from maps without prior discovery. IMO this is a stupid mechanic in any game and even worse in a game based on Star Wars. it has no place in the lore. I have a space ship. I can scan a planet and upload the maps to my datapad. There is no need to explore and draw my own. Make it a toggle for those that want to use it to track exploration but it shouldn't be a forced mechanic in a sci fi based game.

Selective dark side corruption toggles. For example separate eye color & other effects and have each separately toggled so that I could for example have the red eyes without my skin color appearing washed out and the dirty face look.

Guild-wide mail for officers.

Dual Spec

Armor Dye (Match to chest is a start but way too limited)

Hood toggle

A true appearance tab.

Multi-passenger speeders

Day-night cycle
The Hammerfist Clan
A guild for the mature gamer
HammerfistClan.com

myrddinmelana
03.29.2013 , 11:15 AM | #52
Cross Faction Guild...

Cross Faction Operations...
Troops will be routed. Droids will be dismantled.
Creatures will be slain. Hutts will be squashed.
Planets will Burn. The time has come for the Infernal Harvest.
Infernal Harvest Jung Ma Empire Guild.

JimG
03.29.2013 , 11:19 AM | #53
Not to rain on the OP's parade, but there is already a massive, 70 page thread compiling recommended QOL improvements: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ight=papercuts

AcesOver
03.29.2013 , 11:21 AM | #54
Here is my current QOL list.

Guild Event Calendar - For the love of sanity please do this asap. Having to use an outside tool for this is crazy.
Separate procs and de-buffs to a different bar away from standard buffs so they can be easier to see
Account/legacy wide bank tab
Equipment manager for at least two complete sets of gear
Dual Spec
Legacy Datacrons - platforming is not repeatable fun
Respec advanced class not just clear talent tree
Whisper from the guild tab
Double xp for max legacy level - leveling up new characters isn't anywhere near as much fun the 6th time
Guild tax or some other way to automatically get credits to guild bank to fund guild wide repairs
Need some reason to want to be in a guild. Currently it's just a glorified friends list.

Thanks - Aces

PanzerKraken
03.29.2013 , 11:28 AM | #55
Give us the option to send our companions out to take items from our inventory to our storage locker. Nothing worse than constantly getting full of mats and loot in the middle of an instance.

And DUAL SPEC is required.

Also if you can create dual spec option, let us have a third PVP SPEC option. Several other games have done this so that you can better spec for PVP instead of wasting one of your dual spec options on a PVP build.

chuixupu
03.29.2013 , 11:31 AM | #56
I want to share my agreement with more healing tools - especially mouse-over healing. I even remember devs saying early on that this was something they had no issue putting in the game.
Also, anything will allow us to track procs, buffs, debuffs, and other health/target information easier. Or, just allow people to start creating their own UI via mods - less work for the devs.

I would also love to see more guild management tools.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Alec_Fortescue
03.29.2013 , 11:35 AM | #57
Hood toggle mentioned good few times on each page. Please take note devs ;P
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

beanseh
03.29.2013 , 11:37 AM | #58
1. a "see disspelable effects only" on raid frames - so a healer can purge/clense the effect or even know that they have one with the crazy amount of clutter from normal buffs
2. a "see my effects only" on target frame - so a sentinel/ mara can distinguish their dots from others that may be in the group as its sometimes difficult to tell if its your burn or a raid membes (2b. on that subject changeing the overload saber or the cauterize debuff so they are distinctly different debuffs on the targets bar)
3. a legecy bank would be nice
4. an event calander would be nice
5. the ability to check your legecys recipies from alts so you know witch ones you still need or what maetrials to send over.
6. corectly sized boss aoes ie red circles and the like representing the true size of an aoes splash damage this is not true in every case tho it is in most (that or lag has been catching me out)
7. to be able to hand in a daily quest to any hand interminal not just the one next to the quest terminal
8. pvp/ops/fp quest terminals in vip lounge would be very nice
9. dual spec (not just that it remebers the different skills you chose in each tree but that it remebers were you placed the skills on the bars as its very annoying having to change my bars around twice a day for the dailys)
punctuation bah thats a waste of time

Darslk
03.29.2013 , 11:40 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by AdamGe View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I hadn't actually seen dev responses to the legacy codex or definitively "NO" to legacy datacrons. Do you have sources?

I had heard that 2.0 on the PTS has several codex improvements and better datacron tracking, but not the stat buffs from datacrons, atleast not for 2.0? But I had not heard a definitive no to shared legacy datacron stats. If they're worried about new or lower level characters being OP, I suggested having the datacrons shared thru legacy, but simply locked to all characters until they reach each planet/level, at which point the datacrons available at that planet/level would be unlocked, keeping stat boosts in line with characters level.
Hmm I can't find any sort of transcript but I'm referring to the SWTOR: Community Cantina in San Francisco. As for specifics on what was said... I believe it was merely something like 'Datacrons will not be added to the legacy'. So I suppose there could be some give there and perhaps we can bash away asking for that one until we get a dev post about it

As for the rest, I stand firm!
Prophecy of the Five, <Ghost Panther>

shudon
03.29.2013 , 11:42 AM | #60
Any type of Guild functionality! Calendar and some way to mass email my guildmates would be wonderful!

Any type of cross-fraction interaction would also be awesome.