Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LeonBraun
04.29.2013 , 10:29 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Makillda View Post
Not reading all 25 pages but one thing I'd like to see is changing all the shuttles everywhere to be just like Makeb.
This was the worst new feature in RotHC. Sloppy design and completely destroyed immersion of the game. Made Makeb feel tiny and incomplete. Bad design. AKA: No thanks.
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

shortchick
04.30.2013 , 01:12 AM | #252
I would probably give them my paychecks for a year if they would make the controls more responsive. I'm working on Shroud of Ruin right now on DK, and I've been at it for almost an hour because I can't get the jumps to fire when I hit the spacebar. I know it's not my computer, because I tested in WoW, EQ2, 2 games my nieces play, and even a beta test I'm in, and my jumps fire as I hit the spacebar.

Half the time when I hit the spacebar, I don't even jump.

Edit: Don't even ask how long it took to get the jumping for HK-51 done. I'm buying that POS Droid from now on.

Dawginole
04.30.2013 , 02:09 AM | #253
Seems like some of the stuff in the OP post are content additions. QOL additions are usually just things that make your gaming experience easier, like faster traveling. I would argue that the #1 QOL addition that any of us want to see is a dual spec addition and some type of armory for gear management.

The result would be having pre-defined ability layouts in your GUI for each spec, say tank and dps, as well as an armory that already had gear sets for each spec or pve and pvp laid out. So switching specs would be a one button feature that selected an already laid out talent tree and would then put your abilities in your bars for that spec and your armory would allow you to one click and all the gear you needed for your new spec would pop on your toon.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Dawginole
04.30.2013 , 02:10 AM | #254
Quote: Originally Posted by shortchick View Post
Edit: Don't even ask how long it took to get the jumping for HK-51 done. I'm buying that POS Droid from now on.
You realize that if you have a healer with you then you don't have to do the jumping puzzle. You can just run across the electrified water.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

shortchick
04.30.2013 , 02:33 AM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
You realize that if you have a healer with you then you don't have to do the jumping puzzle. You can just run across the electrified water.
My main is a healy sorc, and no I didn't realize. I did the questline within a few days of it being released, and there was no mention of this in any of the guides I read.

That also doesn't address the fact that there is something seriously wrong with the responsiveness of the jumping mechanic.

EtaTwo
04.30.2013 , 04:22 AM | #256
Dug my authenticator out from the bottom of the pile of paperwork on my desk just to toss some support for a few things.

1). Hood Toggle.

2). Hood Toggle.

3). Custom animations for different stances would be cool. Soresu certainly shouldn't look like Shien, and so on.

4). Hood Toggle.

5). No clipping of capes/robes through speeders, please. Completely rips the immersion out of that aspect of the game for me. I have to actively ignore it not to be annoyed by it... Which in turn annoys me.

6). The ability to use the animations of my Warrior on my Knight would be amazing. The Knight animations (With the exception of Sentinel's Master Strike) looks completely inferior in every way compared to the Warrior's animations. I'm not sure if this is what "Swap Mirror Class Abilities" in the OP is.. But - like Hood Toggle - this would improve the quality of the game for me a thousand-fold. The little things mean a lot to me.
Well, says No-Bark, what we got here is a Chupacabra with an automatic weapon. And that's when they get real quiet, 'cause now they see the predicament we're in.

Cleet_Xia
04.30.2013 , 01:22 PM | #257
I want to see

1) cargo holds & guild bank kiosks added to every space port & orbital station that does not currently have one.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

banehammer
04.30.2013 , 07:55 PM | #258
My QoL preferences in order of awesomesauce:
1) Server transfers!
2) Character re-customisation
3) Advanced class swap (I realise BW said they would never do this but I’m not sure I understand why… Considering the only thing unique is the parent class story. AC stories don’t differ… Make it expensive and rare, but allow it.)
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

Aramyth
04.30.2013 , 08:11 PM | #259
1) Legacy Wide Datacrons

2) Day/Night Cycle & Weather

3) Increased Draw Distance

To the guy above me: they should allow advanced class changing, but only up until level 15/20 at the very most. Beyond that I don't think they should allow it.

DarthVitrial
04.30.2013 , 08:16 PM | #260
My top-priority ones:
1: Legacy-Wide Codex
2: Legacy-Wide Datacrons
3: The ability to mail Commendations and Reputation Trophies between my characters.
4: All taxis changed to be like the Makeb ones...ESPECIALLY the horribly-slow ones on Alderaan.
5: For the taxis on Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant to stop turning invisible.

My "Would be nice" ones:
1: A 64-bit client.
2: DirectX 11.
3: For our characters to actually look wet after being in water (Heck, Twilight Princess did this in 2006)