Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
QOL Improvements - What does the community want to see?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ninjonxb
03.30.2013 , 08:37 AM | #121
This may have already been said.
But we desperately need Target of Focus Target.
A frame to quickly see it like target of target
Right now this causes issues with lag on teamspeak or similar when raiding and doing Bonetrasher in KP
This is mostly for healers but also good for everyone else so we can still know who he is targeting when we are attacking adds.

Jonoku
03.30.2013 , 08:41 AM | #122
Well Obviously I would like to see Server Transfers that should've been here several months ago. Its game breaking for me without it.

Crawelc
03.30.2013 , 09:16 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
This may have already been said.
But we desperately need Target of Focus Target.
A frame to quickly see it like target of target
Right now this causes issues with lag on teamspeak or similar when raiding and doing Bonetrasher in KP
This is mostly for healers but also good for everyone else so we can still know who he is targeting when we are attacking adds.
This is already in game. You have to set one keybind to set focus target, and another to target focus targets target. Targeting page of the keybinds section of preferences.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Marlowe
03.30.2013 , 10:13 AM | #124
Unified friends list accross all characters of a faction.

Vildiil
03.30.2013 , 10:36 AM | #125
Legacy Datacrons probably one of my top wants.
Ja'xo - <Lethal Dose Fifty>

Meglivorn
03.30.2013 , 11:03 AM | #126
As Quality of Life enhancements:

Most: A separate tab in the skill list for the Cartel emotes and special items, like the Jawagrams, Fireworks, Flare gun, etc. Thay take up insanely lot of inventory space right now :\

Chairs characters can sit on. Not all in the game of course, that would be a ridiculously huge task, but at least on the ships (not just on the bridge) and the cantinas. Also, the new areas should be designed with enchanced functionality chairs

Chat Bubbles for /say and /yell (with limited range of course)

Improved Republic Fleet. Not much, just seem strange that the imperial station has plants and other decoration, while the republic is only capable to put on some rugs. Also strange that the imperial Crew Skill Vendor has a booth and a civilian, the republic one is a soldier just standing suspicously at the corridor. Like he secretly black-selling out the garrisons' supplies

Barber Shop, Achivements has been already announced.

Minigames like Pazaak, Sabacc and racing (this could be done with a modified tunnel engine of the space combat). The PvE/PvP arena is also a great idea.

More things Legacy-wide. Social status, since it should reaward the player for group activities and not the character played on. The Datacrons and the Codex. The Matrix Shards bound to legacy.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Rell
03.30.2013 , 11:06 AM | #127
Here is my top 10. I know they may not all be considered "quality of life" by everyone, but these things would go along way to bringing in and keeping more players.

1. First and foremost - Chat Bubbles (I really hate RP'ing and having to watch my chat box and trying to figure out who said what) I want this to include /emote so I can type /shrug and shrug or type /emote watches the woman approach and have "Rell watches the woman approach" appear over my head.

2. Destroy both the imperial and Republic Fleets and put everyone back on the planets. (I thought this was much better in Beta)

3. Space expansion which takes space off rails.

4. Introduction of a new class of space ship (or use of existing) which are fully decoratable and a massive expansion in housing decorations in cartel packs. (Also make decoration items craftable, but with rare materials needed which may come from cartel packs)

5. Guild Capital Ships to serve as Guild Halls and fully decoratable. (These should have to be constructed with the use of all crafting professions

6. The introduction of a light fighter class of ship for a "jump to lightspeed" flight sim experience.

7. The ability to sit in chairs.

8. New quest lines that require each faction to enter the area usually reserved for the opposite faction. Currently while leveling you rarely encounter the opposite faction.

9. The ability to "War" a rival guild so you can guild war a republic guild for training purposes or war an Empire guild for your own private pvp encounters without interfearance from openly flagged people. (This works great with a RP bounty hunting guild if you want to sign up to be hunted)

10. New items added to the collector's edition vendor for those players who purchased. Bioware - keep your promises.
Rell Stormweaver
Jedi Guardian - True Covenant

Chaqa
03.30.2013 , 12:19 PM | #128
As far as quality of life:

* Legacy Bank (should be legacy perk, there arent enough)

* CM items bind to legacy

Wish list:

* An area that gives some type of crafting bonus, as well as a better way to accumalate resources for crafting.

* A variety of star fighters that you can purchase or craft to use in space missions.

* A combat arae where you can use vehicles be it pve or pvp.

Ominovin
03.30.2013 , 12:29 PM | #129
My personal list:

Legacy Based Inventory Tracking - If I'm looking to build an item that requires Titanium, the UI currently tells me how many this particular character has. It would be nice if it would also mention 'Alt #2 has a stack of 75, and Alt # 5 has 19' so I don't have to log onto every character to manually check. Honestly, what I'm looking for is the 'ArkInventory' mod that was written for a competing game.

Legacy Based Profession Tracking - If I'm looking to upgrade the gear on my Jedi Knight, I'd like to be able to open my Sith Inquisitor's synthweaving schematics list and review both the stats and graphics while still on my knight.

GTN UI - Implement an option that shows only ONE instance of each item: Clicking on this item would then bring up all of the specific listings. I really don't want to go through 30 pages of the four lightsaber recipes every time I look through the available Artifice schematics.

Chat Bubbles - I've 'stolen' quest objectives from other players who were just standing around the item and not using it, only to realize after the fact that one of them was telling the other to 'go ahead' in the chat channel. Likewise, I've seen comments in chat that make we wonder 'was that aimed at me, or someone on the far side of the planet?' Simple chat bubbles would be nice.

Crafting Schematic Naming - When you add a 'reverse engineered' blue or purple to your schematic list, it would be nice if it was still listed under the base item name (i.e., 'Critical Powertech Bracers' show up on your Armormech schematics list as 'Powertech Bracers, Critical') so all the similar items are together on the list.

Reverse Engineering Procs - would be nice if RE procs were weighted away from inappropriate stats (i.e., items that are endurance-heavy or have tanking stats would proc 'redoubt' versions first, while other gear would proc 'redoubt' versions last). I must admit, reverse engineering a 'dps piece' and learning to make the 'redoubt dps piece' is a pet peeve of mine...

Sidekicks on Mounts and Taxis - I found sidekicks despawning very annoying on my assassin tank, as I'd have to re-'guard' my melee dps companion every time I dismounted. I also died once when I got off the taxi and walked into a fight with an elite without realizing that Khem was not with me. I presume the taxis were originally designed to hold sidekicks as well, but that was scrapped when they realized how problematic 'T7' and 'M1-4X' were going to be.

Skodan
03.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #130
I want a quesh vendor on fleet
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds