Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaliyo and Ensign Temple *Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kaliyo and Ensign Temple *Spoilers*

Eillack
03.27.2013 , 07:29 PM | #1
To sum up my situation:

Spoiler

I want to know what others have done and what happens to story / what do you learn etc if I
Spoiler
?
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

zzoorrzz
03.28.2013 , 01:57 AM | #2
I was wondering why on earth can't we have both? I'd prefer to marry neither and romance both.

Eillack
03.28.2013 , 05:14 AM | #3
That is not what this thread is about.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Referral Code

Eillack
03.28.2013 , 02:39 PM | #4
No opinions?

I know people had to have had this choice issue too over the past year.
CE Owner '09 Account
Referral Code

Kaos_KidSWTOR
03.28.2013 , 03:56 PM | #5
My friend got Temple romanced and married first and told Kalyo to take a hike. I personaly will tell Kalyo to take a hike.

Eillack
03.28.2013 , 09:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaos_KidSWTOR View Post
My friend got Temple romanced and married first and told Kalyo to take a hike. I personaly will tell Kalyo to take a hike.
How was your friend's experience with Temple? Was her overall story bette rthan Kaliyo's in their opinion?
CE Owner '09 Account
Referral Code

chuixupu
03.29.2013 , 12:25 PM | #7
I leveled 3 agents, married Temple first, then married Kaliyo on the second, then neither on the third.

Kaliyo has a much better story arc, because she's there with you from the beginning, and you actually get to go out and do real quests with her. Temple is kind of an afterthought kind of companion...she goes off and does things with no involvement from your character. My personal opinion is that while Temple is kind of cute and sweet up front, she's not nearly as fun as Kaliyo, and Temple definitely has a "dark side" as well. I was honestly a bit angry about what she ends up doing, as I really didn't expect it and had no input. At least with Kaliyo, you can actually talk her out of doing things.

But when it comes to the whole marriage thing, just do whatever your heart tells you. You used to be able to finish Kaliyo's romance entirely before romancing Temple, but I think they might have fixed it so you have to choose one to finish either of them.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CharlieBrown
03.29.2013 , 03:52 PM | #8
It's funny that you mention the number of agents you made influencing your decisions. I made a female operative first and knowing how things will turn out, I made a male sniper recently and have played to those scenarios.

Unlike the first time around, I'm actually making Kailyo mad and losing affection for making more "professional killer" choices than "profiteering opportunist" choices. Many of her dialogue choices, in particular early on, make much more sense now and I'm in general being less understanding and lenient of her lapses in judgement (apart from her incessant booty hunting).

On Topic: Since I've powered all my other companions up to 10k affection and had clusters of dialogue options become available at once, I've decided to go a different route this time. I'm going to let their affection naturally rise and fall to see how it plays out. I think the pacing of the story will be much better and i won't have a level 48 mission in my log several levels before I can actually complete it.

Since I don't actually need to complete their stories, I think I'm going to level Kailyo and Temple hanging ... probably forever.
Fiera MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild Prophecy of the Five

uncle_monty
03.31.2013 , 06:04 AM | #9
I did exactly this. Married Kaliyo and then married temple. You do not get the option of a divorce therefore are something of a polygamist, although:

Spoiler

Like you this was something I thought about alot, but once it was done it seemed like much less of a big deal than perhaps I was envisioning.

Hope that helps
"You now understand why an exotic weapon or unfamiliar style will be more difficult to defend against, but until you become an expert in a particular style, in the heat of combat your mind will still struggle to grasp it's limitations."
Dark Lord Kas'im - Darth Bane 1 Path of Destruction

chuixupu
03.31.2013 , 12:14 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by uncle_monty View Post
I did exactly this. Married Kaliyo and then married temple. You do not get the option of a divorce therefore are something of a polygamist, although:

Spoiler

Like you this was something I thought about alot, but once it was done it seemed like much less of a big deal than perhaps I was envisioning.

Hope that helps
I think they might have made it so you can't do it that way anymore. On my third agent, once I got to a certain point in Kaliyo's affection, even though I hadn't really romanced Temple yet, she had a quest where she made me cut it off with Temple before it even really started. But then maybe, if you max out Kaliyo early enough without getting any affection or quests from temple it's still possible. The guy who wrote the agent story definitely thought of every angle, I remember someone mentioned here that they even had Kaliyo try to get you to ditch Temple way later in the story since they already had a relationship with Temple going and held off from getting affection with Kaliyo until that point.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant