*UPDATE* APAC Announcement

Punchy

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

Interesting.

<TEHEE> have yet to decide which server we're going to move to, but I am reasonably certain it will not be the Harbinger. Curious to see where all the other guilds go.

What if i dont take the free transfer? I dont want to lose my character names, (90% have been taken, yes i checked)

Will i lose my characters or be forced to move ?

Eric you need to see what you are doing, is not a good move.

Remember what happens to dictators?

And to think I quit WoW to play this game. Well looks like my hand has been forced to go back to a crap game.

cheers.

What if i dont take the free transfer? I dont want to lose my character names, (90% have been taken, yes i checked)

Will i lose my characters or be forced to move ?

Eric you need to see what you are doing, is not a good move.

Remember what happens to dictators?

And to think I quit WoW to play this game. Well looks like my hand has been forced to go back to a crap game.

cheers.

They will force you to move if you don't transfer.

In regards to name loss, you probably will lose your name either way. This isn't a server merge like the reduction of NA servers that happened months ago. This is *us* transferring to *them*.

Most likely, they want to disrupt their already *reasonably* loyal playerbase as little as possibly by making *us* adapt even further. I guess from an NA player's perspective, "Why should I lose my name just because someone on a failing server had it for a time and then got dumped here? How is that fair for me?"

If we keep them, great. If not, ah well. Identities can be reforged. They have to in either case because new server = new community. Unless you're Dulfy, odds are you don't have game-wide fame. :p

Although, it does suck. :(

In regards to name loss, you probably will lose your name either way. This isn't a server merge like the reduction of NA servers that happened months ago. This is *us* transferring to *them*.

Most likely, they want to disrupt their already *reasonably* loyal playerbase as little as possibly by making *us* adapt even further. I guess from an NA player's perspective, "Why should I lose my name just because someone on a failing server had it for a time and then got dumped here? How is that fair for me?"

If we keep them, great. If not, ah well. Identities can be reforged. They have to in either case because new server = new community. Unless you're Dulfy, odds are you don't have game-wide fame. :p

Although, it does suck. :(

How do we know it's a failing server, I mean we only have there word for it and they already prooved there liars by closing the servers to start with. To me it may be as simple as they dont give a crap about us but they need more numbers to bolster the NA servers who's numbers may be dwindling. As far as I am concerned they sold the APAC game with APAC servers so they are required to maintain the servers even if it means head office subsidises them through global revenue. Greatest way to kill a company is to show the world they dont give a crap about commitment to the servers they sell the games with or to the people who paid money to play them on those servers. If they were serious they would refund all moneys spent on there misrepresentation when selling us the game. To be honest, merging the servers would be far more acceptable than shoving member into our butts and forcing us to suffer high latency gaming. If they think theres annything even close to fair about it then they might need to look for new jobs as there current expectations on how APAC players look at this is ludicrous to say the least and there obviously dillusional in the extreme.

Kill APAC and kill any semblance of caring even remotely for your customer base in this region (or any). If I had my way I would ensure all bioware and EA ip's are banned from oceania all together. You want to screw us over then fine get screwed over yourselves.

I still dont give a rats azz even if I get a choice now....I will still have triple the bloody ping time as what I do now .

That makes end game play unacceptable be it pve or pvp. Maybe we cant stop this happening, but sure as hell a lot of us can stop paying and just hang around annoying people.

The left shovel is slightly more responsive. I'll take that one.

I would choose the left shovel too. Due to recent experiences though, I have a feeling that he'll let me use the left shovel for a while, before taking it away and forcing me to use the right shovel at times others aren't using it :(