Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bioware - please give us the old Project-Animation back

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bioware - please give us the old Project-Animation back

Uvirith's Avatar


Uvirith
03.27.2013 , 08:37 AM | #1
I cant get used to the new animation. I miss the old one sooo much....
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
03.27.2013 , 05:36 PM | #2
/signed

animation quality was one of the main strengths of this game.

Won't ever happen though.

slafko's Avatar


slafko
03.28.2013 , 01:48 AM | #3
While the animation was indeed very nice, the delay in damage being applied made the skill weaker to its Sith counterpart. It was a situation where the Sith had the cooler (Lightning) animation and a no delay in damage. I can live with lightning thingies looking cooler than rocks and pebbles, but that delay was killing the skill.

Uvirith's Avatar


Uvirith
03.28.2013 , 01:56 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
While the animation was indeed very nice, the delay in damage being applied made the skill weaker to its Sith counterpart. It was a situation where the Sith had the cooler (Lightning) animation and a no delay in damage. I can live with lightning thingies looking cooler than rocks and pebbles, but that delay was killing the skill.
First, in no way is the lightning cooler than the old project. I even think the pebbles are way cooler than the lightnings.

Second, its no problem to make the damage of project instant without changing the animation, thanks to the global cooldown. Look at trooper/bountyhunter. Trooper has a shot which is a missile on bounty hunters side. both do damage at the same time, but one animation is instant while the other one has an actual traveltime.

Third, actually, I wouldnt even care if inquisitors had a slight edge, as long as I can throw droid-wreckages on other peoples heads ,-)
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
03.28.2013 , 02:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
First, in no way is the lightning cooler than the old project. I even think the pebbles are way cooler than the lightnings.

Second, its no problem to make the damage of project instant without changing the animation, thanks to the global cooldown. Look at trooper/bountyhunter. Trooper has a shot which is a missile on bounty hunters side. both do damage at the same time, but one animation is instant while the other one has an actual traveltime.

Third, actually, I wouldnt even care if inquisitors had a slight edge, as long as I can throw droid-wreckages on other peoples heads ,-)
^ what he said
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

slafko's Avatar


slafko
03.28.2013 , 02:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
First, in no way is the lightning cooler than the old project. I even think the pebbles are way cooler than the lightnings.
Taste is a subjective category but you're wrong here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Second, its no problem to make the damage of project instant without changing the animation, thanks to the global cooldown. Look at trooper/bountyhunter. Trooper has a shot which is a missile on bounty hunters side. both do damage at the same time, but one animation is instant while the other one has an actual traveltime.
I'd make a petition to sync the animation with the damage if they ever implemented it like that. A mob taking damage while my boulder is still hovering mid-air? Come on.

What would be great is an addition to the Force Persuade option in conversations: Like a 40% chance to wave your hand and make them change their minds and a 30% chance to Force Lift them like a rag doll and a 30% chance to menace them with a boulder (or droid) in a this-will-land-in-your-face-if-you-don't-cut-that-BS-out way.

Now, that would be awesome.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Third, actually, I wouldnt even care if inquisitors had a slight edge, as long as I can throw droid-wreckages on other peoples heads ,-)
There must be no edge since the skills perform the same in PvP. The only solution to this would be making PvP versions of skills. But that would mean people would actually have to pay some attention to skill descriptions.

Majspuffen's Avatar


Majspuffen
03.28.2013 , 04:58 AM | #7
Inquisitors shock is such a bad animation, it's quality can barely rival the spell animations of World of Warcraft. Project was refreshing and epic. And the pebbles are much cooler than the lightnings, even if it doesn't make much sense on board a star ship or such. Personal taste, of course.

As a matter of fact, when it comes to animations there are still a lot of unfairness between the mirror classes.

Commando's knockback is instant. Mercenaries knockback has a slight delay to it.

Agents explosive probe is applied faster than smugglers explosive charge.

Jedi Knights charge is faster than Sith Warriors.


They could change the animations and make everything equal but I think that would be boring. The animation quality of this game was amazing, and it has only been going downhill. Smash, for example, the damage is now instant, which doesn't make any sense with the animation. Force Wave and Overload's new animations are piss-poor in comparison to the old animations.

People complained but meh... if pvp was more stable, these animation timers would just be another layer of skill that you would have to learn to cope with. With Force Wave, for example, I'd "pre-cast" and land next to my enemy as the actual knockback went off. Not a bad thing imo, but people complain.

IInox's Avatar


IInox
03.28.2013 , 05:40 AM | #8
If you mean pre 1.2 animat: NOPE. The actually one hasn't the big delay than old pre 1.2

Devs don't look this 3d,he doesn't know what he is writing lollll
[Shadow DPS] Inox @ The Red Ecplise
New Shadow Balance in training!
All 3 Shadow/Assassin Spec Compendiums ( Updated Inf/Dec for 3.0!!)

Hakkology's Avatar


Hakkology
03.28.2013 , 05:55 AM | #9
+1, bumping for glory.
Hakko of the Red Eclipse ( Telekinetics Sage )

Assillius's Avatar


Assillius
03.30.2013 , 12:41 AM | #10
also want old animation but with instant applied dmg like now