Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Day 1 people please post reply...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Day 1 people please post reply...

blindxsecrets
03.27.2013 , 11:25 PM | #21
Been here since early access, never let my sub lapse and I play regularly! Still love the game and I expect to be here for some time to come. =)
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Ryat
03.27.2013 , 11:45 PM | #22
Preordered from the moment I could. And don't regret a single moment. Though my wife may have an issue or two. :P

pan_sObak
03.28.2013 , 06:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AngelFluttershy View Post
You make this game sound like an exotic butcher shop.
sorry for my English

meet them all, of course
and beat to meat! ^-)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

kregora
03.28.2013 , 07:34 AM | #24
Collector's Edition - 7 day early start player - my subscription end in august (3x 6months)

I haven't played since the anouncement of the cap raise to level 55.

I only will recommend this game to MMORPG newbies. SW:TOR has above average solo play capabilities with the option to do stuff with people.

Major flaw is that even after one year I still don't identify myself with any of my characters, because of the class story lines there is nothing what makes my character in any way special or different in any way from other characters of the same class.
Trini, Nuru Aka'ula Amexia Elvire, Greer

LHRFreak
03.28.2013 , 08:20 AM | #25
Been here since open beta, bought the CE, been a sub since day1, and also bought the new X-pac as soon as it was announced. I don't post very often as I mostly just enjoy reading the posts and the occasional bouts of hilarity from people like Sir Copperfield. Seriously though, that guy is hilarious .

I've seen lots of things change over the course of the game. From launch where roughly 70% of people rolled on the Imperial side (and roughly 80% of those rolled Assassins... ugh) to now where the factions are fairly well balanced. I can't help but laugh though. With all of the FOTM madness that has happened I've stayed true to my sniper since day 1 and arguably have a claim to first 50 sniper on Jung Ma (debatable as game first but I make no claim there). Our class has seen very few changes, nerfs, buffs, or any kind of tampering since launch. Though with ROTHC I can tell that it will probably become a FOTM just because of features like "Roll to cover".

Anywho, as for the game state: I think that EA/BioWare have made decent progress considering the deadlines that they have rushed to satisfy. Could they have done more sooner? Probably but at the same time, does anyone here remember the nasty bug at launch that was Taris (the one where you could not leave and had to put in a ticket just to do so)? That was nothing short of a rushed feature and I would hate to see it happen again. I can honestly say that I am pleased with the progress (albeit rather slow) that has been made and plan on sticking around for a while yet.

P.S. In case anybody feels the need to flame me for loving up on the dev's; I am a SW fanboy, but not a drooling mindless one. I am also a '90's kid (lego jokes anyone?) and very vividly remember the disaster that Ep. 1 was. I also rarely stick around in a thread once I have posted, so don't expect me to "feed the trolls" as I rarely even notice them.

May The Force Be With You
Kill a thousand taun-taun's and nobody cares. Kill OPOD and the galaxy cries out in terror. RIP .

DarthEccen
03.28.2013 , 11:20 AM | #26
Been here since early access. Still playing, and I'm a subscriber. Don't know if I will stay on after the expansion, but if I like what we get with this first one, then I'll probably stick around for another year or so.

fishlivers
03.28.2013 , 11:43 AM | #27
Day 1 player here!

Been playing almost the whole time, a a short three month break when GW2 came out.

Played on two or three servers each one died soon after I got on, then I landed on Canderous Ordo, and got in league with a really great guild, played that server and then we all got moved over to Jedi Covenant. and thats my current server where we Imperials fight to rid the Galaxy for the Jedi scum!

WaldoA
03.28.2013 , 12:07 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Rewzter View Post
I have paid my monthly all the way through but is really worth it?
No one can answer that for you. YOU are paying and YOU are playing, so YOU decide if you think your money is worth the level of enjoyment you get from the game.

FatZomby
03.28.2013 , 01:00 PM | #29
Hard to say whether investing into any online only game is worth anyone's investment. My main reason for saying this is that once the game gets "shut down," you will no longer have it or be able to play it.

The pro's of this game are numerous and only with a few con's. Which is generally pretty good.
1. f2p players can play the game through its storyline.
2. story mode is the one of the best amongst other games.
3. lots of various classes in which to play with.
4. lots of species available.
5. various means of activities in which to enjoy the game (space battles, fp's, ops, etc...)
6. lots of cosmetic options in the real life market for the game.
7. and a lot more, but to save a long read......

Con's
1. The game can get redundant. Repetition is relatively high.
2. f2p aspect ends at storyline. only paying players after that for the most part....
3. classes are a bit too similar to its opposing faction....
4. lots of glitches in the game. some may be exploitable, but most are just frustrating.
5. Customer service has yet to fix a problem for me. 1 of which was a glitch with the game's glitches and receiving a response saying basically "to bad so sad." Another is to the point of not actually listening to the question, and something else.

I am sure that other pro's and con's can be found for the game. But, in my opinion, they did extremely well with the game. I am currently a premium subscriber and may very well likely drop to preferred status as the storyline is the main reason I play. However, I may continue depending on whether I can start running with a group or not. All depends. Most often, I am not very social.... The end game for me (after the storyline is over) would only interest me if I were to run with friends/groups.

So, in my view of things, paying for a premium account is more for the end game. Granted it has its benefits with the lower levels with exp gains, money, and all that, it isn't really needed for that. However, it is absolutely needed for hard mode fp's, operations, etc... in the end game.

happysister
03.28.2013 , 10:15 PM | #30
played in the November beta stress test. preordered and got in 5 days of early access. never let my sub lapse. still loving the game, and really excited for the expansion.
Lorhin - Sharpshooter Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel