Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Darth Traya is...

Spartanik
03.31.2013 , 01:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
THANK YOU!!!!!!
That's what I've been saying! She wanted the force gone, yes, but she hated the idea of Mass extinction, and thus she would hate the emperors being completely.
This and the fact that the emperor is the strongest Dark Side user at the time, she would think of him as a fool, following the darkness so blindly, with the sole purpose of gaining unimaginable power.

I wonder if the fools at bioware even played Kotor 2. I doubt it, they probably view playing it as blasphemy, I mean, judging from how they have tried to portray kreia, they probability even refused to read the wookiepedia article.
But thats what im saying.... we might not like it.. but its how Bioware did go about it.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Beniboybling
03.31.2013 , 07:40 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ventessel View Post
Many of the major NPCs in the game can sometimes start to feel cliched. Perhaps its the sheer volume of content in TOR, but after a while it all starts to blur together.
I agree, but I think the reason is exactly what you suggest. So many characters. However I think the main ones have potential, but in an MMO there is much medium by which they can be explored.

I for one, would like to see more exploration of Satele Shan. And I think they should have perhaps injected a little bit of 'Bastila' into her. Come to think of it the NPCs in SWTOR just aren't as good as those in KOTOR and KOTOR 2 whcih really were 1st class.

Beniboybling
03.31.2013 , 07:43 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
But she could be lying when she was released, since she did that a lot in KOTOR2.
Come on, Traya didn't lie that much, not that much at all. And you can tell when she is telling the truth. And lying about her entire personality? About the entire point of KOTOR 2? That would just suck. If Traya really does want the galaxy to die, then KOTOR 2 would never have happened!

Selenial
03.31.2013 , 08:59 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Come on, Traya didn't lie that much, not that much at all. And you can tell when she is telling the truth. And lying about her entire personality? About the entire point of KOTOR 2? That would just suck. If Traya really does want the galaxy to die, then KOTOR 2 would never have happened!
Im pretty sure its obvious she didnt want them to die when she Back stabbed Nihilus, persuading him via Tobin that if he went to Telos IV he would feed on many jedi, when in fact only Atris was there.... For any who dont know, she realised if he tried to feed on the World he would die of Starvation, and his threat would be ended once and for all.. But he had to go through Citadel Station, and thats where Trayas plan failed, as the exile would not allow it to fall..

If she really did want the Galaxy destroyed, she would have just let him carry on unabated.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
03.31.2013 , 09:00 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
But thats what im saying.... we might not like it.. but its how Bioware did go about it.
"Then that is a future we must accept."
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Beniboybling
03.31.2013 , 09:42 AM | #36

If she really did want the Galaxy destroyed, she would have just let him carry on unabated.
Exactly.

Slowpokeking
03.31.2013 , 01:34 PM | #37
Yes she lied a lot.

Think of it, she was facing the Emperor's Wrath and a Dark Council member. It would not be wise to tell them she's against the Emperor.

Selenial
03.31.2013 , 01:56 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yes she lied a lot.

Think of it, she was facing the Emperor's Wrath and a Dark Council member. It would not be wise to tell them she's against the Emperor.

She never lied to the exile. It was all half truths, tell her something, but don't tell her the other half of it...

I'm not sure you understand what the entity is. The Wrath is not a scholar like Knox, he could not destroy her through the force, and her power would be far superior to Vowran. He could do nothing against her even if he knew how.

BrianDavion
03.31.2013 , 02:08 PM | #39
Darth Traya lied all the time. sure much of her lies where half truths but she very much lied and mislead. it SHOCKS me how many people take what this DARK LORD OF THE SITH says as undisputed fact. Kreia is both a Sith Lord with an adgenda (and all that entails) and a very human (and thus falliable) character. you need to consider two things about everything she says.

1: She could damn well be lieing. or at least not telling the whole truth.
2: she may also well be WRONG.

as for her status if she appers in the MMO. 300 years is a looooong time. I've changed a lot over the past 10 years. I can imagine 300 years might impact me

Slowpokeking
03.31.2013 , 03:15 PM | #40

She never lied to the exile. It was all half truths, tell her something, but don't tell her the other half of it...

I'm not sure you understand what the entity is. The Wrath is not a scholar like Knox, he could not destroy her through the force, and her power would be far superior to Vowran. He could do nothing against her even if he knew how.
She did quite a lot, and she likes the Exile, but does she like the Emperor's Wrath or Vowrawn? No.

Since Baras could imprison her, the Wrath might have some way as well, and they would tell the Council about it, they would go against Darth Traya.