Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorc/Sage dps


Simmerr's Avatar


Simmerr
03.26.2013 , 10:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
4 snipers could counter 4 smasher. And if 4 smashers were the best thing ever then why aren't the best ranked teams running with them? Because they have too much pride? BS. If they thought it was the best thing to do then they would run 4 smashers. As for calling you out, I believe it was completely necessary because if you admit to not caring I want to inform people what happens when you don't care and tell other pugs to sit out the game and guard the off node so you could get 100k deeps and 30k protection and laugh off the loss with the guys in mumble while the players that actually give a **** and want to get better weren't getting a chance because they wasted there time by staying in the same match as you. Worst part of it is you guys couldn't own up to a loss. So people that want to play have to clean up a triple cap mess left by you guys. Not saying that this happens every game. You guys do win, but when you lose there is no need for 20 imps to walk into a crap game.
TL : DR

Read my last paragraph. Don't call me out for not playing my class role, and then cry when people call you out for not playing your role. That's all I'm frustrated with, the blatant hypocrisy. Every single argument you make against me is applicable to your class too , until you start healing every single game.

QQ more
Str'iker -- Assassin Tank
Str'yker -- Merc DPS

Hoooty's Avatar


Hoooty
03.26.2013 , 11:59 PM | #12
I really think the forums are here for a good laugh (lets face it, it's the same 24 people going back and forth over and over). So given the rash of people on this server who start something with another player or group of players, run their mouths relentlessly, then either a) report the player they started the argument with or b) report the player they originally started said argument with and then get someone else in their guild to report and get threads removed that relate to whatever they started (referring to certain, but NOT by any means all, members of Hail Skroob and Prime Defense). I figured I'd try to set this story straight before this thread also gets removed. This Seane dude decided to start the trash talking on the forums to Stryker with this post:
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
Serious reason that may also get you guys better and get more imp wins- Your assassins never want to guard an off node. If you're all on the same mumble and we have an assassin guard then you guys can alert incs much faster. I was in a game where one of your players stood up for an assassin not guarding because he was a dps. He was the only stealth in the group and a 16k merc ended up guarding. Only twice in the coutless premades ive been in with you guys has a US player guarded. Highwaytoo voluntarily and Man'son after I asked for a stealth that can guard 3 times in ops chat before the match.
Seane please watch this http://www.bradleey.com/ from our sister guild on the Euro server and realize an Assassin (who has the most utility of any other class in the game ie a push, a pull, and stealth capabilities) can be used for so much more than node guarding for you. The argument that "Sorc dps is not viable" is a TROLL and they are taking your argument and using it against you (if an Assassin is solely there for node guarding for you then a Sorc should be solely there for healing us lmao) I now realize this form of humor is obviously over your head and you are taking everything people are saying to you in the most literal sense possible. You are either an idiot or don't know what you are getting yourself into but I'm telling you right now, let it go dude. You started the troll with Stryker and Unicorn Stampede, and you were the one who started using impvp channel to further your troll. I have never had an issue with you but now you are taking a small piece of this original argument and taking it to the forums for support on a complete fabrication of facts. This has nothing to do with anyone actually believing sorc dps is not viable but how Seane is being a... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFcHa2ieK9s (any Ween fans, but probably not Seane, will understand this) who decided to try to troll troll's and is now trying to get sympathy on the forums because he can't handle dealing with what he started. I apologize for having to point this out to you on the forums in front of everyone but it is your own fault for taking something you started, lying about what is actually going on, then bringing it here for sympathy.

-Ship
MC Unicorn Stampede

ImInTheWorld's Avatar


ImInTheWorld
03.27.2013 , 12:03 AM | #13
I'll say this sorc dps is not viable in ranked unless you are amazing at it. Seana you are for sure not amazing. Case closed.

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
03.27.2013 , 12:06 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ImInTheWorld View Post
I'll say this sorc dps is not viable in ranked unless you are amazing at it. Seana you are for sure not amazing. Case closed.
This is true.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
03.27.2013 , 12:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
This is true.
don't encourage him.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
03.27.2013 , 12:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
don't encourage him.
Hehe
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

InmortaI's Avatar


InmortaI
03.27.2013 , 12:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
Sorc dps has its viability all be it atm it is limited and its a different style of ranked due to most teams enjoying to use cc. But any of the dot specs imo are completely viable as they put overall pressure on the team. Just my opinion ^^
I use the telekinetic tree in pvp and works for me =o, i enjoy it

totherkins's Avatar


totherkins
03.27.2013 , 12:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by InmortaI View Post
I use the telekinetic tree in pvp and works for me =o, i enjoy it
It takes a special kind of sage to do that though lol
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
03.27.2013 , 07:35 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
It takes a special kind of sage to do that though lol
Inmortal has an insageable appetite for pvp.
A legacy of meh
Krackerjäck/Krackerjak (VG/PT) | Krackerjack/Deinon (Mando/Merc) | Deìnon (Jugg) | other stuffs
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

EnzoForMe's Avatar


EnzoForMe
03.27.2013 , 07:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Simmerr View Post
If the sorc was full lightning, but didn't have a bubble stun, would he still be in rateds?

At the moment, the only redeeming characteristics dps sorcs have is that they can bubble stun. Nobody wants a tab dotting, sustained damaging class in pvp, thats why PT's and lolsmashers are so prevalent. Front loaded, on demand burst dps. This is what is king in pvp. Force a healer to cleanse for a gcd, or hit him for a 5k smash, that requires about 3-4 heals to resolve, between himself and the aoe team damage? Seems like the smash would take the cake.

This is a nice thread, i'm glad Unicorn is back in the spotlight, tbh. However, I think most people aren't realizing that it's you that has the issue with how I play, and you that is telling me what my class should be doing. Are sins the best node guarders? I think so. Are sorcs the best healers? I also think so. However, forcing someone to only fill one roll because of their class is childish and mundane, as is creating a thread on the forums to whine about it.

I suppose I should insert the notion that you, the pot, is calling me, the kettle, black. Play how you want, i'll play how I want, and stop complaining and calling me out in imp pvp or on the forums.
I never told YOU what to play. All I was saying is that each class has a defined role to play in a competitive game. Playing something just for fun in regs is fine but that's not ehat I was talking about. As much as I'd like to play watchman, it's not viable In rateds anymore.
Caprica<Hakuna Matata>
S-3 #1 Grouped Sniper S-2 #1 Solo Gunslinger

Free Transfer/Subscription : http://www.swtor.com/r/7Q7NN6