Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

really!?! no queues for customer service!???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
really!?! no queues for customer service!???

SuperomegaOP
12.20.2011 , 05:15 PM | #1
this is 1 of the worst things EA/bioware could have done bad for the game... they say its

24/7 yet its 1 of very few CS which doesnt have a wait time that i know...

people who cant get into the game/account because of security question problems cant even

call to get it fixed...

seriously... theres NOTHING we can do about this...

I got a new computer and now i have to deal with this BS

guess i gotta call like 1 am est so hopefully CS isnt busy and i get dcd

fukin great!!!!!!!

Reil
12.20.2011 , 05:23 PM | #2
I'm with you. I'm currently on my second day of trying to get into a queue to get a security question fixed. Even better, I know the answer to my security question. It's just not accepting it.

It's soon to be day 3.

DaSpinx
12.20.2011 , 05:28 PM | #3
i feel for you guys, i've had the same problem. 2.5 hours in the queue... after 2 hours trying to get into the queue

nickname
12.20.2011 , 05:32 PM | #4
FWIW, I had a security question problem and it turns out there seem to have been some changes to the questions (or I remember them differently now, either way) since early beta members were asked when we set up accounts and when we were first required to complete them. In my case, I remember being asked "What is the name of my favorite author", however, near launch the question changed to "What is the last name of my favorite author".

Even still, I then had to figure out that they had clipped the last name -- e.g., had I entered Neil Stephenson as my favorite author (I didn't, don't go trying to hack my account), when I tried to login, the only thing that worked to answer that question was "Neil", which doesn't make sense on either count -- I would have entered "Neil Stephenson" had I thought I was being asked their full name, or I would have entered "Stephenson" as his last name, but I never would have entered "Neil" by itself... I must have entered "Neil Stephenson" and it clipped everything after the space without telling me? That's assuming I'm remembering the question wrong and they didn't change the wording, which is also a possibility.

In any case, it took me forever to figure it out -- but at least I didn't end up having to call support. Needless to say I immediately went in and fixed it. Is it possible you did what I did and either answered a different question than you're being asked now or mistakenly answered incorrectly to the question itself? Or, also likely, your answer included a space and the system stripped everything past the space? I know that's what it did to mine -- is it possible any of your answers had a space? Try typing just what was before the space and see if that answers it.

SuperomegaOP
12.20.2011 , 05:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Reil View Post
I'm with you. I'm currently on my second day of trying to get into a queue to get a security question fixed. Even better, I know the answer to my security question. It's just not accepting it.

It's soon to be day 3.
cause Case/space sensitive BS...

Reil
12.20.2011 , 05:51 PM | #6
Yup same here. My questions changed as well. I never selected to have "What is your favorite movie" because I don't have a favorite movie. I had WHo is my favorite entertainer, where is the first place you lived, and what was your first job.

But it's asking me "What is my favorite movie". So since Monday morning I haven't been able to get in and I have beat the walls down trying to get it fixed. You can only fix this by phone but you can't get them on the phone. Or if you do they never answer till 1.5 to 2 hours later.

Reil
12.20.2011 , 05:54 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
cause Case/space sensitive BS...
Yup thinking that I might have actually been mistaken about having a movie question I tried the name of the movie I might consider top of my list, with spaces, without spaces, upper case, lower case and even tried it misspelled. I have to conclude I was right in that I never selected this question in the first place.

It would be nice if after the password reset they would ASK ONE OF THE OTHER QUESTIONS. Really how hard is it. It's still your security question.

Waygone
12.20.2011 , 06:05 PM | #8
yup, im in the exact same boat. My son tried to log in today and got the security question and he called me for the answer. I told him to pick another question because I wasnt sure if there was spaces in my answer. Needless to say he answered wrong and I'm screwed. No way to manually reset new password...This is utterly rediculous!!

renegadeimp
12.20.2011 , 06:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Waygone View Post
yup, im in the exact same boat. My son tried to log in today and got the security question and he called me for the answer. I told him to pick another question because I wasnt sure if there was spaces in my answer. Needless to say he answered wrong and I'm screwed. No way to manually reset new password...This is utterly rediculous!!
I agree. It is ridiculous that you can't remember the answer that you set to a series of questions. If he answered it wrong, and your account got locked, you should be blaming him. Not Bioware. They have very rigid security measures for this game, and as you just found out, they're working very well.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Supersaurus
12.20.2011 , 06:20 PM | #10
I answered all my questions the same way, capital at the start and no random spacing.

If they let you pick a question or at LEAST cycled it, it would be able to get on. It keeps asking me the Activity question when it wanted it logging into the client and now every single time I try to reset my password. In any form I get the same question, which I answered with all 5 of my answers including the right one. Called the 24/7 number dozens of times to no avail, sent four emails (where I got an email at 4am telling me to EXPECT ANOTHER EMAIL, it's now 20 past midnight the next day).

Maybe 'cause I'm still logged in on the forums area, but CANNOT LOG OUT. On day 2 of this problem and it's f*cking infuriating.