Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So pubs can be lesbians but imps not?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
So pubs can be lesbians but imps not?

stuffystuffs
04.03.2013 , 12:22 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
If we assume the new Romance Option is bi, then yes, she can. However, I was operating under the assumption that it's an SGR option. And in either case, it still leaves the SI one step down from other classes, which have universally superior companions aboard their ships (Corso, Jaesa, Malavai, Elara, and so on).
I see. I wasn't sure myself, but from what I've seen in various blogs about the Makeb content, it seems like the new options will be SGR only.

As far as companions, it's a matter of opinion...going by your list, I can't stand Corso and I think Ashara is superior to Jaesa (in general...haven't done the romance). My female SI is single but that's only due to lack of a romanceable female option (I'm sure I would romance Ashara if I could).

Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
It took getting to Makeb for the SI to have anything approaching a viable romance option, and the Sith Inquisitorette may still end up getting shut out of that. I don't claim to know exactly what's coming down the pike, but it doesn't look at all encouraging.
I agree it sucks if you don't like the (typically) one option provided for your class/gender.
Node guarder

rashencyberspeed
04.03.2013 , 12:41 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I see. I wasn't sure myself, but from what I've seen in various blogs about the Makeb content, it seems like the new options will be SGR only.

As far as companions, it's a matter of opinion...going by your list, I can't stand Corso and I think Ashara is superior to Jaesa (in general...haven't done the romance). My female SI is single but that's only due to lack of a romanceable female option (I'm sure I would romance Ashara if I could).

I agree it sucks if you don't like the (typically) one option provided for your class/gender.
Female Inquisitors DO have a romance option. Did you forget about Andronikus Revel?

Aebrynis
04.03.2013 , 12:43 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
Female Inquisitors DO have a romance option. Did you forget about Andronikus Revel?
Only in the sense that he's completely forgettable (same goes for Ashara, in my book). I would sooner have my Inquisitorette romance a jawa.

stuffystuffs
04.03.2013 , 03:57 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by rashencyberspeed View Post
My female inquisitor doesn't as she only likes women.

The person I was replying to doesn't like Andronikus and I was commenting on how it kind of sucks that he's the only option (even after Makeb) and if you don't like him for whatever reason...tough.
Node guarder

Synnerman
04.09.2013 , 10:11 AM | #65
Great...

*Starts new imp char*

I got Pub to 50 for male SGR and he's stuck with Nadia "clingy hands" Grell.

Tiar
04.09.2013 , 11:02 AM | #66
Romances in this game are just an additional game mechanic, and are completely optional like gathering datacrons. It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely? I'm glad Bioware is trying to cater to all crowds, but as someone already said this is just a stepping stone to further greatness. Be patient and see where this road takes us, it's untested waters for Star Wars in general. I'm just really surprised there are not more people complaining about SGR breaking the continuity of the Star Wars universe (read a thread on a different forum about a bromance with Luke and Han. Scary and hostile stuff, those responses), but with the way things are now you can't voice those opinions without getting crucified by the gay community.

Rock on Bioware. Keep doing what you want/what EA tells you to do, no matter what the community thinks.
"This dish is so poorly prepped, EA is trying to publish it."
"Install WoW in 2 easy steps!"
"Step 1: Remove side panel from your tower case."
"Step 2: Deuce on your hard drive."

XchobeeX
07.31.2013 , 09:30 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiar View Post
Romances in this game are just an additional game mechanic, and are completely optional like gathering datacrons. It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely? I'm glad Bioware is trying to cater to all crowds, but as someone already said this is just a stepping stone to further greatness. Be patient and see where this road takes us, it's untested waters for Star Wars in general. I'm just really surprised there are not more people complaining about SGR breaking the continuity of the Star Wars universe (read a thread on a different forum about a bromance with Luke and Han. Scary and hostile stuff, those responses), but with the way things are now you can't voice those opinions without getting crucified by the gay community.

Rock on Bioware. Keep doing what you want/what EA tells you to do, no matter what the community thinks.
FIrst of all, you suck.
Second of all, there are obvious romances that could work. Take Jaesa for example, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her as a female. The fact that there are no gay romances is just a reflection of standards. It's not common so it's not in the game, simple as that.

ApostleThirst
08.01.2013 , 06:57 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by XchobeeX View Post
FIrst of all, you suck.
Second of all, there are obvious romances that could work. Take Jaesa for example, there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be able to romance her as a female. The fact that there are no gay romances is just a reflection of standards. It's not common so it's not in the game, simple as that.
What exactly did he say that was wrong? He's right, it is a stepping stone for greater things. Perhaps there is no female romance option for Jaesa now - but they could do it in the future. And with Makeb, there is now a much greater chance of that happening.

Don't be a douchebag unnecessarily. He wasn't insulting anyone, just pointing out the facts, and trying to support Bioware moving forward on this. M'kay pumpkin?

Nashalo
08.02.2013 , 05:36 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiar View Post
It amazes me how bad people want same sex pixelated romances in a video game. Are they that lonely?
The problem is heteronormativity and exclusion. If you're going to include romance, only including heterosexual romance can easily make LGBT people feel very left out. You can say "it's just a game", but when this sort of thing happens to you in some form every single day (heterosexual people tend not to notice how heteronormative they are), it can have a huge effect. Straight people don't generally understand that, but might be able to understand these perspectives:

- A friend's family throws them a surprise birthday party but doesn't invite you because of the color of your skin
- A financially successful friend says you should buy the new expensive thing that just came out as if it's as simple as adding milk to the grocery list, not acknowledging that you're living paycheck-to-paycheck
- A friend gushes about the awesome time they had with their dad on father's day and asks what you did with your dad, but your dad is gone from your life (died, ran off, etc) or he's an abusive/neglectful person or you have two moms instead

One or two occurrences can be shrugged off but imagine any of the above happening to you every day. Imagine having to defend yourself every day against people who can't wrap their minds around you being the way you are. Imagine having to physically defend yourself because people think it's hilarious to "smear the queer". Continuously being told that being gay is wrong, either explicitly or implicitly (via heteronormativity), is psychologically damaging.

To you, this may just be about adding more sexuality to a video game. To many other people, it's about acceptance. It's about letting gay people have the same experiences in the game that straight people get. This is a really big deal.

With all that said, we've definitely seen in this thread several examples of "lesbian good, gay male bad" and I have no doubt that many of those people are indeed men that just want their voyeuristic fantasies represented in pixel form. However, taking everything I've just said into account, blanketing that over everyone that wants SGR is pretty insulting.

markcymru
08.02.2013 , 06:11 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Nashalo View Post
The problem is heteronormativity and exclusion. If you're going to include romance, only including heterosexual romance can easily make LGBT people feel very left out. You can say "it's just a game", but when this sort of thing happens to you in some form every single day (heterosexual people tend not to notice how heteronormative they are), it can have a huge effect. Straight people don't generally understand that, but might be able to understand these perspectives:

- A friend's family throws them a surprise birthday party but doesn't invite you because of the color of your skin
- A financially successful friend says you should buy the new expensive thing that just came out as if it's as simple as adding milk to the grocery list, not acknowledging that you're living paycheck-to-paycheck
- A friend gushes about the awesome time they had with their dad on father's day and asks what you did with your dad, but your dad is gone from your life (died, ran off, etc) or he's an abusive/neglectful person or you have two moms instead

One or two occurrences can be shrugged off but imagine any of the above happening to you every day. Imagine having to defend yourself every day against people who can't wrap their minds around you being the way you are. Imagine having to physically defend yourself because people think it's hilarious to "smear the queer". Continuously being told that being gay is wrong, either explicitly or implicitly (via heteronormativity), is psychologically damaging.

To you, this may just be about adding more sexuality to a video game. To many other people, it's about acceptance. It's about letting gay people have the same experiences in the game that straight people get. This is a really big deal.
This may be the BEST post on SGRAs that I've read on this forum.

Thanks ! ! !
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” — Margaret Atwood