Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Target of target?

Battousaien
12.24.2011 , 08:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Birdflew View Post
Why is "target's target" a must have?

The only thing it does, is make it easier for you to know who they are targeting, not impossible.

Now we have to pay more attention to what´s happening on the screen instead of just looking at the UI.
Isn't that a good thing?

It's different from other Mmo's, and I like it.

/Bird
Not a must have, perhaps. But it sure makes my life a litte brighter place to live in.

People can argue back and forth for an eternity if less UI enhancement is a good thing or not, and it usually end up in a flame-fest with no real arguments.

But imo, is there any wrong in letting each player customize his or her UI the way they like for a more enjoyable playing experience? Each for her own, I like the option to be there.

Off to sleep. Merry Christmas everyone.

Smashbrother
12.24.2011 , 09:28 PM | #12
You can keybind assist target so you can push said button and you will have targeted your target's target. It's the only work around.

Bahll
12.24.2011 , 09:34 PM | #13

The only thing it does, is make it easier for you to know who they are targeting, not impossible.

Now we have to pay more attention to what´s happening on the screen instead of just looking at the UI.
Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

well the biggest reason is to know when a player is switching targets to you or a teammate. To mark the healer that your buddy found, to be able to interrupt that heal that would have saved an enemies life, when another player burn CD's and you need to CC him. It allows you to increase your effectiveness in matches.

I think the lack of information that the UI has currently will push some hardcore players away.

And its simple things that they didn't put in. Like a combat log, target of target, macros ect.
It may be your $15/month, but its the raids $225/month

Birdflew
12.24.2011 , 09:35 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bahll View Post
well the biggest reason is to know when a player is switching targets to you or a teammate. To mark the healer that your buddy found, to be able to interrupt that heal that would have saved an enemies life, when another player burn CD's and you need to CC him. It allows you to increase your effectiveness in matches.

I think the lack of information that the UI has currently will push some hardcore players away.

And its simple things that they didn't put in. Like a combat log, target of target, macros ect.
Don't get me started on macros.
- Launa -

Sage healer for the guild -League of Light- on Chuundar EU server

SweetNausea
12.24.2011 , 09:57 PM | #15
"We have to pay more attention to what's happening on the screen instead of just looking at the screen."

Not sure if serious.

Surleymonkey
12.24.2011 , 10:20 PM | #16
I really hope this is added at some point, from both a PvE and a PvP standpoint. I'ts hard to konw where to anticipate damage if you can't see where the target is applying DPS. It makes healing far to reactionary to feel crisp and skillful. It's all spam and hope they randomly stop taking damage.

Birdflew
12.24.2011 , 10:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetNausea View Post
"We have to pay more attention to what's happening on the screen instead of just looking at the screen."

Not sure if serious.
I´m sure you know what I mean.

Think really really hard for a moment.
- Launa -

Sage healer for the guild -League of Light- on Chuundar EU server

xPVTx
12.24.2011 , 10:24 PM | #18

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird

Nobody said it was impossible. That's great that you like it but most people don't and it's not always about you Bird.

Is it really necessary for you to post on every thread that criticizes anything in the game? I understand you're a super fangirl and all but seriously give it a break. The PvP in this game is not well thought out and the combat system is average at best.
You say no forced PvP. I say no forced PvE.......P.V.T. <BOT>

Candy
12.24.2011 , 10:42 PM | #19

Isn't that a good thing?

/Bird
While I won't necessarily complain that we don't have it. It's particularly useful for stealth classes in PvP, as you can see if someone has targeted you through your stealth or not

AramakEffect
12.25.2011 , 12:12 AM | #20
Isn't what you are asking for "Aquire Targets Target" under Keybindings (Defaulted as Alt-T)?