Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

beanseh
03.26.2013 , 11:34 AM | #41
my blast conderser thing (the item that tells you how fast your fireing) now only says generates 6 bolts per second previously im fairly sure it said blasters do 100 damage more as well there being space for it in the tool tip and for the fact that the lower grade stuff t6 generates 10 per second so thats presubably not working either
punctuation bah thats a waste of time

Transcendent
03.26.2013 , 11:45 AM | #42
Having the same issue, tried re-equipping Lvl 7 parts and the tooltip updates correctly (aside from missing bonus damage / correct rof). However as soon as you enter a mission, it will reset damage (even before you fire a single shot).

Was quite amused at how fast I died on missions I have no issue with normally.

Please fix this, it's part of my dailies

Edit: Also confirmed it affects missile damage, satellites now take 8 shots instead of 4 on Far Cradle Strike.

Shardash
03.26.2013 , 11:50 AM | #43
Is anyone able to read all topic?
Quote: Originally Posted by Shardash View Post
All you need is to change grade 7 beam generator to any other. Now i use grade 4 and it works for me.
One thing that must to be done by developers is look and fix on Why grade 7 beam generator didnt worked after 1.7.3. All missions can be done without it and even with greater success )

demotivator
03.26.2013 , 12:13 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
EDIT : Eeeeeewww it's even worse than I thought, I tested some more and in fact it depends also on the type of ship you're using. For example on the agent ship the little "ascendency barrier" ships go down in 4 hits as usual when the power conversion module is set on defense, and actually need more hits when the PCM is set on dmg. Then on the sorcerer's ship it's as I said above : needs tons of hit no matter what the PCM is set on instead of 2/4.
I noticed the same thing. Running today's daily on my Agent was harder but still doable (I just missed one bonus) but I just can't complete it on my Smuggler, it seems his ship hardly does any damage.

Will we ever get a patch that doesn't break anything?
Randomizing your forums.

Shoogli
03.26.2013 , 12:40 PM | #45
So I made more tests...

Indeed for today it's not so bad, replacing the blast condensers with the good ol' rendili hyperworks quest reward is good enough for today's heroic (Regnant/Far craddle). I was able to do it once with 2 bonuses on my smuggler like this and am not particularly good at space missions. By not particularly good I mean I can finish all the heroics, but not all the bonuses always, and also on some particular missions I sometimes fail and need to restart and do them again...

BUT

As some others have pointed out before, it seems it's not only the blast condensers that have a problem :
  • Looks like the shields too, but am not sure
  • Looks like the missiles too, but am not sure

Thing is I just tried Kabal on my agent (tomorrow's daily) to see if it was doable by swapping the blast condensers with the rendili one. For some people it may be doable, for me it isn't : I just can't kill things fast enough, and the drop from 1200 dps to 1000dps with the condenser swap doesn't explain it all, and am getting torn apart real real bad.

Which is why, even if am not sure, i tend to now think the same way as people who are saying not only the condenser is broken, but also something with the shield and the missiles...

Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

ivandidi
03.26.2013 , 12:45 PM | #46
Like someone who play space missions on daily basis i noticed that Heroic Space Missions after update 1.7.3 are raised on insane difficulty level.i need about 10 missiles to take some ordinaryt ships which usually need 3-4 to take down.Its definitely buged

Caterwail
03.26.2013 , 01:54 PM | #47
I do these everyday on five characters, half the time with eyes only half opened.
Noticed this problem within a few seconds.
Three attempts at Far Strike Cradle then gave up and started looking for or about to open a thread like this.

One of the last things that keeps me logging in until the expansion and now "it be broken"

Falensawino
03.26.2013 , 02:16 PM | #48
while we are talking about broken space missions and have the devs' attention, let's bring up the issue of targeting while proton torpedoes are equipped.

Really annoyed at how I can't fire missiles (hold right-mouse button, lock-on 4 targets, release to fire 4 missiles) when the enemy ship/ has a Proton Torpedo (available) target.
Basically if there is a hitpoint that can be destroyed with proton torpedoes, the torpedo's targeting system hijacks my right mouse button actions, to the point I can't fire my missiles until my ship passes the enemy vessel.

OH and even after the proton torpedo hitpoint is destroyed. I still get the same hijack, unable to fire locked on missiles behavior.

My only option is to manually single fire one missile at a time by spamming right mouse clicks.

There SHOULD be a missile selector, press a key to toggle between arming torpedoes or missiles. (quickest fix I can think of, emulates un-equipping proton torpedo when pressed)

Since space missions finally have developer attention, can we finally get the torpedo/missile targeting issue looked at.
The most wretched hive of troll and villainy
Refer a Friend Link

Dellenty
03.26.2013 , 02:56 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Thanks for the reports. Testing by swapping out the Blast Condenser for the Grade 5 Beam Generator resulted in higher DPS for me.
When I have more information on this I'll let you know.
My test show it is a problem with the Blast Condenser. With the level 7 part equipped I can do hardly any damage (with lasers or missiles). and can not complete the heroic

If i simply un-equip the Blast Condenser I am able to complete the daily heroics with relative ease.

jakler
03.26.2013 , 03:05 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Teyrin View Post
Congratulations again, Bioware. You've once again broken more than you've fixed.
How did they even get around to breaking something as remote as this in the first place? I mean, did someone leave their kid at the keyboard and it was the one random thing that was face-desked..?

It boggles the mind. Really.