Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ciombolo
03.29.2013 , 11:36 AM | #131
Well, why You are discussing what to do or what to remove or whatever??! Being a subscriber and payed for Cartel coins to get ship armor 7 I WANT TO PLAY those space missions, not to figure out what to do!!
Fix it!!
+ I WANT my space reputation for each day i was not able to play space missions!! I'M PAYING THIS GAME!!

rbuckinger
03.29.2013 , 12:05 PM | #132
Is it annoying that the highest upgrades that we paid for aren't working correctly? Yes, it is. Is it the end of the world or even enough to keep you from one shoting the heroic dailies? No, it is not. I rolled back to one level below on the missiles and beam generator and all of the heroic missions are still easily done every day. No loss of rep, no loss of BH comms, no loss of Fleet Comms.

To all of you who are crying and moaning about how bioware needs to compensate you because you are missing out, I say maybe you should learn how to play the missions correctly and not rely on being horribly overpowered to get you through.

ProgenyGuitars
03.29.2013 , 12:29 PM | #133
Easiest thing I've gotten to work properly was using the Grade 5 or ctech Rendili condensers. Gives 9-10 shots per second. Your dps is 900-1000, rather than 1200, but the Heroics are definitely still doable with these ranges. I'm sure that's been pointed out in this thread, already, but I hope it helps in the interim, regardless.

Cheers

MoffD
03.29.2013 , 12:54 PM | #134
Yes, it's annoying but the missions are quite doable with the lesser generator. If you can't do it without the grade 7, think of it as a chance to improve your skills I haven't missed the dailies yet on 5 toons, and I don't see any difference with with or without the bonus if your XP is already maxed.

ProgenyGuitars
03.29.2013 , 03:51 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by Haydon View Post
People who hoard old parts, or just got lucky, and still have the Grade 6 beam generator, see a ~16% reduction to their ship blaster DPS.

Those of us who had to go back and pick up a Grade 5 beam generator are seeing a 25% reduction to our ship blaster DPS.

Not exactly a small amount. If this had happened to anything else (blaster pistols for instance) the community would have exploded and they probably would have patched it in 1-2 days.

We who enjoy the Heroic Space dailys get the honor of being told that we'll just have to tough it out for 2 weeks.

Also, anyone else noticing their ship randomly "twitching" throughout missions as if you're toggling power conversion settings?
First, you're on the money with the damage reduction. Having paid for my first set, I'm by no means thrilled about this and the timeline presented. IF the Heroic missions were created with excessively tight timing tolerances, it would definitely NOT be a survivable issue. The 0.33s it takes to match dps (300 dps less=3 bolts=.33s to match at 9 per second) will by no means prevent a successful Heroic run. I think we can agree that blaster damage is primarily used against trash mob fighters, with more focus towards missiles on objective ships and targets. As such, I would argue the Heroic missions are no harder with the dps reduction, unlike what would result from a 25% damage reduction in standard combat weapons. Just my opinion, though. (Side note: I ran a full battery of Heroics last night with the grade 5. Honestly felt like I was dropping ships faster, but that may have been a visual illusion because of the faster blaster fire. Or the bolts are destroying ships and hitting faster because they're closer together. Not sure.)

I will agree completely that this is a major shortcoming on BW/EA priorities. PvP is just as optional, but if there's a minor bug on a map, it gets fixed by the following Tuesday morning maintenance. If there is a bug reported, especially one that relates to Cartel Market purchases (on the grounds of using physical currency for much of it) it should, at the very least, be treated with equal haste.

Also, I have noticed the occasional jump when I switch power conversion. Haven't smashed into anything as a result, so I'd call it a minor issue.

Alienciacho
03.29.2013 , 06:16 PM | #136
Well, at least your lasers work at all after swapping items.

My lasers fail to work 30 seconds into the mission, Missiles still dealing damage, but lasers = 0

Tried 2 system reinstalls, changing of the router, nvidia drivers from 296 WHQL, multiple chipset, sound and hardware drivers, network settings, network cards, bios settings, reinstalled c++ distro's, .net frameworks, made a controlled install of everything... to no avail. Scenario is always the same:

1. I test it on Balosar outpost
2. When I approach station for the first time, I get a bit of static cracling sounds (much like CPU on low framerate - but framerate is 60fps)
3. Then, lasers stop doing damage to anything, missiles deal damage normally.
4. I start to nottice that the missions goes out of sync gradually, to a point when enemy fighters fly through structures, stop or rotate in place.
5. Then suddenly, mission speeds up to "catch up" the missing time, as everything before happened a bit slower than usual.

There are some missions that work 100% like Kovor Ice field, while other ones are buggy from the start - especially Makem Te Assault.

If anyone experienced simmiar problem, or has some insight - please help. I know the issue is caused by something in my specs, as my friend plays in the next room without issued like this (although, on the occasion he gets 10 seconsd fps drop wo 5fps on the planets)

Logs show no system errors, CPU load does not change while problem happens... No idea really.

And the best part is, before game went f2p I was a subscriber, and it worked perfectly...

Justbee
03.29.2013 , 06:41 PM | #137
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi All,

Please see the latest post on this issue from Amber where it is stated that this is expected to be resolved Game Update 2.0

We ask for your patience until then.
really ??? u fix this small thing U crushed with a small patch whenn bh coms are nearly useless ? i spent my time mostly and i cant do this now for 2 weeks ?
i wasted 9100 cc for equipping 7 chars with grad 7 stuff and i cant use them for nearly 3 weeks at all ?
and NOW u expect ME to waste ig-money on lower grade equip to be able to do what i like in this game ? no way

i wasted 9100 cc, i waste nearly 3 weeks of paid playing time

sorry i wont spend any more real money for this game, next time cartel armors get broken and i cant use my char for three weeks ?
bt ur still selling broken items in cartel store, no note that the arent working correct, nothing, this is kind of cheating or swindle to ur customers. already wrote to ea about this issue

sorry for my bad englisch, german player an really really pissed
Gemüse schmeckt am besten, wenn man es kurz vor dem Verzehr durch ein Schnitzel ersetzt!

Darth_Smiley
03.29.2013 , 10:32 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi All,

Please see the latest post on this issue from Amber where it is stated that this is expected to be resolved Game Update 2.0

We ask for your patience until then.
Absolutely ridiculous. You can have my patience when you pay me back for it. I am not putting grade 6 blasters on 6 toons. We had better be seeing some BH comms and purple rep items to make up this for this incompetence.

AelfricNight
03.30.2013 , 02:41 AM | #139
I have to say I was actaually expecting a fast fix considering the fact that many of us have paid real money for the tier 7 ship gear, not completely happy about it however it is what it is.

I suppose the way I see it - I would far rather just pay the 17k or whatever it is for the Grade 5 thing and get 9 shots per second for now and wait till 2.0 then have extra downtime just for this issue. Seriously - try and get the Grade 5 from the starship vendor, its not expensive, its nearly as easy to do it with that as with the Cartel one.

Understandable frustration from the players, however there really is little point in raging about it I feel.

Oh - A suggestion if Cerimon or Amber are still bothering to read, perhaps you could put this in the known issues list as "Recommended" as opposed to workaround or something, just so people are aware theres a cheap interim solution to complete the missions.

Aexalon
03.30.2013 , 11:09 AM | #140
At the very least you could ensure that the Rendili Hyperworks Beam Generator (or its schematic) is actually for sale somewhere, instead of only being obtainable as a reward for a once-off mission

There's no less than 2 vendors that could be used for this: either the fleet commendation vendor or the fleet reputation vendor.