Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
[Bug] Ship's blasters badly bugged
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tailica
03.26.2013 , 07:52 AM | #1
I was trying to do the Hard Mode/Heroic space missions this morning after servers came back up and was noticing that something seemed really off. It was taking and absurd amount of blaster shots to kill anything, even with max power to blasters. On checking the ship's character sheet, I discovered that blaster damage was listed as only 30(!) even while having the laser cannons upgrade and that the blast condenser no longer mentions increasing blaster damage another 100. This is a serious bug making those missions extremely tight to complete as you are stuck relying on your missiles for your damage.

Please get this fixed quickly!

Thaxyll
03.26.2013 , 07:59 AM | #2
I concur! This is very annoying as the space heroics are about the only ones left I do on a daily basis... Just tried one and it was frustrating to say the least.

Erlestoke
03.26.2013 , 08:06 AM | #3
Same thing happened to me, re equip your blast condenser and laser cannon ,it will be corrected. Now I need to try a space mission to see if does 100 damage per shot like it says.

Update: they do not do the correct damage even though the value says they will do 100 on the ship item screen. They still only do 30 damage and when I came out of space combat to check my ship items, it had changed back to 30 damage.
Don't tread on me.

Delfoo
03.26.2013 , 08:08 AM | #4
The blasters are fine. It's the power conversion module, as long as it is equiped you are always in shield mode when it comes to blaster strenght. If it is not equiped the blasters work but, you have lackluster shield regen. So missions like Thanium Disruption are a NO GO.

KittyFae
03.26.2013 , 08:10 AM | #5
My "Blast condenser" item now only provides 6 shots per second, down from the previous bonus of 6 shot + 100 damage per shot.

Re-equipping the items has now removed the dps from laser cannons as well.

Beesodd
03.26.2013 , 08:11 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for the reports. Testing by swapping out the Blast Condenser for the Grade 5 Beam Generator resulted in higher DPS for me.
When I have more information on this I'll let you know.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Caernos
03.26.2013 , 08:11 AM | #7
Could not do Far Cradle or Regnant Station this morning. I'll try re-equipping and then run them again, see if that works though.
Cynfor Cinderheart and the Cinderheart Legacy: The Ebon Hawk
The FanFic Works of Caernos:
Red Invitation, Parents,
Beskar Bonds and Cinder Hearts

Glacialfire
03.26.2013 , 08:16 AM | #8
Just thought I'd nip on here to make sure it wasn't just me before posting a ticket. Noticed exactly the same. Blasters do seem to be stuck on shield regen level. Without the shield regen it seems.

Erlestoke
03.26.2013 , 08:16 AM | #9
Re equipting the items to make the values correct on the screen does not fix this. Blaster damage is still very low. That being said I was some how able to complete today's daily heroic space mission, but just barely.
Don't tread on me.

Shoogli
03.26.2013 , 08:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Caernos View Post
Could not do Far Cradle or Regnant Station this morning. I'll try re-equipping and then run them again, see if that works though.
I just tried un-equipping everything then re-equipping, it still is bugged...

I tested also on ascendency barrier (equivalent of impossible sector) and the little ships that would go down in 2 hits when the conversion module is on dmg, or 4 hits when the module is on defense, now it takes 8-12 hits to get these down.

EDIT : Eeeeeewww it's even worse than I thought, I tested some more and in fact it depends also on the type of ship you're using. For example on the agent ship the little "ascendency barrier" ships go down in 4 hits as usual when the power conversion module is set on defense, and actually need more hits when the PCM is set on dmg. Then on the sorcerer's ship it's as I said above : needs tons of hit no matter what the PCM is set on instead of 2/4.
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]