Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Who cares about 'play-style' if the ping and the overall service sucks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
Who cares about 'play-style' if the ping and the overall service sucks?

oscarlol
03.25.2013 , 10:34 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebetts View Post
If you guys want to complain about latency, I challenge you to go roll a toon on Harbinger and play for an hour, you'll notice that your latency sits at around 120-140, and if you notice any difference, then kudos to you, because I haven't noticed anything even mildly game disrupting.

Call me an idiot, call me blind, call me whatever the hell you want, all I'm saying is, try it out before you just psyche out and rage-quit over an issue this small.
I have another toon at 35 on a USWEST realm - the experience is less than ideal.

Vicstorm
03.25.2013 , 10:35 PM | #12
I'm in Brisbane and I've been on Harbinger from pre-release.
Seriously the ping is a non issue, it's not that bad, i find it less laggy than wow.

So welcome to our community fellow southern hemisphereians (Not a real word, but I'm making it one )
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people....I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out

aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 10:37 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebetts View Post
If you guys want to complain about latency, I challenge you to go roll a toon on Harbinger and play for an hour, you'll notice that your latency sits at around 120-140, and if you notice any difference, then kudos to you, because I haven't noticed anything even mildly game disrupting.
Wrong, not everyone latency will be that amazing low. Mine was at 168ms+
If you have/do, and you still have problems, then yeah, feel free to complain, however, I'm in a ruralish area of Queensland, in Australia, and I am having absolutely no issues at all on the toon I rolled to test the server out.

While I do, DEFINITELY agree, that they should scrap this whole merge, and just merge the three APAC servers instead, I'm going to be one of the Dalborran players who shelves my complaining and continues to enjoy the game.
Well i'm glad you decided to become a sheep, just let them take away our server for no reason
Call me an idiot, call me blind, call me whatever the hell you want, all I'm saying is, try it out before you just psyche out and rage-quit over an issue this small. You mean logic-quit, no-one should have to pay for an inferior server quality
Also played this game from launch on an american server, so I know what the lag is like....

aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 10:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Vicstorm View Post
Seriously the ping is a non issue, it's not that bad, i find it less laggy than wow.

So welcome to our community fellow southern hemisphereians (Not a real word, but I'm making it one )
good thing you never tried out what it would be like with low ping Wouldn't have been laggy or an issue to begin with

Thebetts
03.25.2013 , 10:38 PM | #15
Just before anyone jumps down my throat as well, I'm not saying that I support this merge, and I'm also not saying that I support how the CS has dealt with the issue. Ideally, I would LOVE a Super APAC Server. I'm just saying, that the situation is way more manageable than most people seem to believe.

Dafydil
03.25.2013 , 10:42 PM | #16

Finally someone with a brain about this entire issue im on the gold coast and have no issues with the harbinger
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

Thebetts
03.25.2013 , 10:50 PM | #17
aV

If I can manage to consistently sit on 120-140ms, on my crappy ADSL2+ in the middle of nowhere while my brother is streaming things non-stop on Youtube, then I apologise for having some sort of magical wizardly internet... I just assumed people closer to an Exchange point, who don't have a constant percentage of their speed being pulled away might possibly be able to sit at around the same latency.

I'm hardly being a 'sheep' by wanting a Super APAC Server, yet being willing to accept that whatever happens, happens... At the end of the day, I pay to play the game, and I enjoy this game enough that it honestly doesn't stress me if I have to sacrifice a slight amount of Latency in order to not have to wait two hours for a Flashpoint...

Again, I completely and whole-heartedly support a Super APAC Server, it would be freaking fantastic, and hopefully, by enough of us protesting, we might be able to make that dream a reality. However, I for one, am not simply going to up and quit just because something didn't go my way. Hell, if I quit every time something happened that I didn't like, I'd probably be the worlds first intentional Kindergarten Dropout...

Vicstorm
03.25.2013 , 10:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
good thing you never tried out what it would be like with low ping Wouldn't have been laggy or an issue to begin with
Actually I did make a few characters on Dalborra and have seen no difference in the play.
The only difference in lag i saw was half a second difference in looting, WZ's and Ops there was not a single lagg issue I could find
I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people....I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out

aVmuse
03.25.2013 , 10:56 PM | #19
Actually I did make a few characters on Dalborra and have seen no difference in the play.
The only difference in lag i saw was half a second difference in looting, WZ's and Ops there was not a single lagg issue I could find
what is ping around brisbane 70-90? then harbingers is 180?
>say's no difference
>quite obvious difference.

Vicstorm
03.25.2013 , 11:02 PM | #20
170 on Harbinger, 35 to 50 on Dalborra
And as I stated, no the only lagg I've gotten is faster looting , same lag in WZ's and have never had a lag issue in ops. Well the only lagg issues in Ops are the same ones my US friends get, from crappy server issues.
But the big test was always WZ's as I can see slight lag in them , but the exact same lag was happening in Dalborra WZ's

Edit- PS I know people would want to just claim that I'm fanboi'ing here, but I'm giving you a truthful experience evaluation